[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you beat it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: Lost Levels.png (352KB, 759x458px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Levels.png
352KB, 759x458px
Did you beat it?
>>
>>3403115
ye, on the Gameboy Colour
>>
>>3403117
That system doesn't exist.
Neither does the Wonderswan Colour.
>>
>>3403134
Fuck off yank, Colour is how the word is properly spelt.
>>
>>3403138
The official name is Game Boy Color.

There is no "u", deal with it.
>>
>>3403138
Let me guess, you think PAL > NTSC too.
>>
I beat it on the SNES All Stars version back in 1993.

I have no idea if the difficulty is the EXACT same as the Famicom version or not but it was solid.

Also, there is no fucking way I would have the patience and determination to beat it now. Fuck that.
>>
>>3403167
That always fucking annoyed me.

We gave the world a beautiful language and fucking Ameritards have to fuck it up.
>>
This romhack is garbage. Play the real Mario 2 instead.
>>
File: America - Canada's Shorts.jpg (18KB, 314x402px) Image search: [Google]
America - Canada's Shorts.jpg
18KB, 314x402px
>>3403178
Yeah, but what are ya gonna do? Shit's just too complicated for them.
>>
I've beaten it twice on SMAS, but I don't like leaving my FC on for a long time, so I've never beaten the original.
>>
Nah, i got fucked in the All stars port at 8-1. Shit is impossible.
>>
File: 5700-melgibson.jpg (31KB, 290x387px) Image search: [Google]
5700-melgibson.jpg
31KB, 290x387px
>>3403179
Cunts will be triggered.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 205x246px
>>3403192
>>
>>3403172
If the game was programmed for PAL, then of course.

Shitty conversions of NTSC games notwithstanding.
>>
It took several days but I beat Deluxe. The original is impossible though. I can't beat it in one go. Many gamers can't anymore apparently.
>>
>>3403291

Wait, wrong game. I beat SMB1 but never bothered with SMB2. It's too similar for me.
>>
>>3403115
For me, the one really crappy thing about the original was that you had to finish the game eight times to be able to go to the last four worlds.
>>
I beat it and made it to world 9
I wish it at least gave you 2 tries for it though
>>
>>3403115
yes in the all star port

the farthest i got to was world 8-1 and then quit
>>
Made it to D-4 on All-Stars with Luigi but I never got to World 9.
>>
>>3403178
You mean how you Britbongs fuck up Latin? Yes it is fucking annoying when a bunch of Anglocucks and French faggots fuck up the world's most beautiful language. It's spelled Color.
>>
>>3403627
>he thinks English is derived from Latin

MY FUCKING SIDES.
>>
>>3403690
>he thinks "color" isn't borrowed from Latin
>>
>>3403178

>english
>beautiful language

Your "language" has a very fucked up way of dealing with vowels.

on topic: yeah of course I did, with both mario and luigi.
>>
Haven't even beaten 1 on FC, but going through it now without warps (except to get back to the last world I reached when I turn it off/reset).
I hear All Stars physics are fucked so I guess I'll try it on FDS after I am done with SMB1.
>>
>>3403751
All-Stars is exactly like the original except for one glitch which is fixed by applying an IPS patch.
>>
>>3403627
Hey man, if you hate English so much, you're free to get your whiny ass outta here any time.
>>
>>3403178
>the french and germans gave us their beautiful languages when they invaded us several times and fucking brown teethed brits have to fuck it up by adding latin to it
Colour is french spelling, retard. English is the inbred mongrel hick language of the world. Deal with it.
>>
I did it on Mario All-Stars through World D.

Does the FDS version save your finishes? I'm kind of curious to see World 9 legitimately but I don't have time to play through 8 times in one sitting.
>>
>>3403787
That doesn't work on my ROM of Super Mario Collection and just fucks up other things.
>>
>>3404140
Realized right after I posted it's only for a specific release/dump. I don't really like switching just for this though. From the little I tried while testing, it seems easier than the original games though. In 1 you start with 5 lives instead of 3.
>>
>>3403178
>implying "color" isn't the original spelling
>implying brits didn't change the spelling in the 18th century to look more french
Shig, bro. Or should I say, "bruv"?
>>
File: couleur.png (42KB, 499x791px) Image search: [Google]
couleur.png
42KB, 499x791px
>>3403178
>>3403963
>>
I though the level design was spotty so I didn't finish world 5. Probably should sometime.
>>
Can we talk about the differences between SMB and SMB2 for the NES and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the Gameboy Color?

I feel like I'm the only one who has the burden of first playing it on the gameboy and getting used to those physics first, and now it's weird trying to play the NES version, which is what's available on Wii and 3DS VC.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Aye
>>
>>3405147
Yeah, Deluxe's physics are way better, not to mention it finally fixes the annoying glitch where you hold right to enter a small opening after a jump but fall past it instead. Not even All Stars fixed that. The only problem is that you jump slightly lower than the NES version.

I made myself get used to the NES physics, because otherwise I could never enjoy Worlds 9 to D of Mario 2j. I'm now almost as used to them as SMB Deluxe.

I wish Nintendo made a definitive version that combines the best of the original, All-Stars and Deluxe releases.
>>
I can beat it without too much difficulty at this point. The reason is that when I first played it I thought that to unlock Worlds A - D you had to beat the game eight times without getting a game over.

In fact, the problem was that I was playing the Famicom Mini version, and for some reason you have to hold B and Start at the title screen instead of A and Start to access World A in that version.

But anyway, beating it that many times made me quite good at it, and I actually really enjoy it now. I can even just play Worlds A - D if I feel like a shorter game.
>>
>>3403192
>>3403440
same, 8-1 is brutal
>>
>>3405209
Gosh I forgot how shitty composite looks
>>
>>3405356
I- It's beautiful.

Don't you miss the times when not everything was clean, cold and high definition.
>>
>>3404140
I actually bothered to compare hex values to try and see if i could edit the JP rom but the hex values don't correspond.
>>
>>3405356

that looks more like RF
>>
>>3405698
Alright it seems it is just Rev 1 of Super Mario Collection that does not correspond. Bits match in the first release and patch works fine. Which I guess begs the question of what was changed in Rev 1 and how to patch that version.
>>
>>3405708
Well seems like the bytes changed by the SMAS+W patch are there in Rev 1 but the structure isn't exactly the same so I wouldn't know how to change it to make it work. Too bad.
>>
>>3403179
That Doki Doki Panic reskin is garbage. Play Mario 3 instead.
>>
>>3405263
Is there anywhere that catalogs the physics differences? Because in no SM wiki anywhere have I even found mention of the differences.
>>
File: You dead.jpg (46KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
You dead.jpg
46KB, 270x350px
>>3403969
Yes, the FDS version saves how many times you completed the game.

Anyway, to access the World 9 "only" requires that you go from level 1-1 to 8-4 without skiping any stage.

>>3403192
>>3403440
>>3405339
Yeah... Bla, bla bla... That is because you played the game on Super Mario All-Stars.

Remember how much you hate that stage, OK? Now... In the Famicom version, when you run out of lives, you can only continue from X-1.

So, if you had lost your last life in 8-4, it's time to return to your friendly 8-1.

I managed to complete 8-1 without A LOT of problems, because any mistake on 8-2 or 8-3... sends me AGAIN to 8-1.

All the world 8 is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>3405702
Yup, unmodded Famicom, RF through channel 61
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.