[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember internet club games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: memories.jpg (576KB, 1600x1158px) Image search: [Google]
memories.jpg
576KB, 1600x1158px
Holy shit, remember those games you played in internet clubs/cafes when you had no PC? Quake 2 & 3, HoMM 2 & 3, CS, Diablo 1 & 2, etc etc
Screaming thro the room: don't watch my monitor!, playing 10 hours straight when truancing school and you parents can't find you, almost sleeping but continuing because night hours are 3 times cheaper. That was the time!
>>
No, my family wasn't poor.
>>
>>3401981
>dialup poorest kid, local multi only all of childhood
>360 launches while in HS, still too poor for Live
>years later finally working, buy live to try out
>mfw I realize online play sucks and multiplayer is only good when you know the other person or are sitting beside them
Think I'm done with Live and it's been less than a month.
>>
>>3401981
No. We always had a PC and I never skipped school.
>>
in my country, internet clubs never left, they just switched to league of legends

in their golden age everybody played Red alert 2, diablo 2, counterstrike 1.6, battle realms

converted to dollars it was a dollar an hour

no, most of us didn't skip school
>>
>>3401981
Hell yeah, most people had PCs where I grew up but Internet was shitty so we went to internet cafes. We used to reserve rooms for the whole night, everyone would say to their parents that they are sleeping over at a friend and play till the morning.
>>
>>3402079
I feel almost the opposite. I love having an endless stream of random people to play with and then a list of friends showing when they're online when I want that.
>>
>>3402079
Depends on the game for me really. Quake and Doom are way more fun when you have everybody on LAN and are sitting close enough for you to punch them in the back of the head when they ruin your killstreak.
>>
>>3402191
Theres internet cafes in my country, but most people can afford PCs. Do people just go for fun?
>>
>>3401981
No, me and everyone I knew had access to at least 1 PC per person so we did lan parties
>>
>>3402308
I guess its a great way to meet some other gamers and have a cheap LAN party.
>>
>>3401981
Lanshops were huge in my country mainly because not everyone has access to a good PC (even though it's mostly CS 1.6, fully pirated OS and everything), and it's also a boon for schools and parents by keeping the kids away from dubious activities after-school so they support them. In fact there are still PC shops except they now "serve" online games.
>>
>>3401981
That was SC1, D2 and beta CS in my case.
I'd sneak out of the house after 9 PM on Friday and Saturday nights and walk to this place that was half rate at like 10 PM to 6 AM.

It's never stopped being a thing here, though.
There's like 5 different places within walking distance of me right now.
Like >>3402191 mentioned though, kids these days are playing either LoL or DotA2.
>>
That's just demoparties for plebs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnFtLL3JLA
>>
>>3404803
Why doesn't this exist anymore? I want to go to this :(
>>
>>3405880
> what is Revision
>>
>>3405880
http://www.demoparty.net/
>>
>>3406020
>>3406049
It's not the same thing, the new ones are full of rich SJW hipsters.
>>
>>3406052
> new ones
Confirmed for zero historical knowledge.

> full of rich SJW hipsters
There is two options:
1. You go to wrong parties.
2. Those “rich SJW hipsters” are actually the same people who were on old parties and made demos, and whom you don't recognize because you are a lamer.
>>
File: 1463834555718.gif (160KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463834555718.gif
160KB, 500x720px
I remember going to an internet cafe all the time in HS (around 2004). Hang with friends, play emulators, go on forums, trade Yugioh cards...

I wish I still had friends.
>>
>>3406061
>2. Those “rich SJW hipsters” are actually the same people who were on old parties and made demos, and whom you don't recognize because you are a lamer.
Haha yeah Zoe Quinn and her ilk were totally there in the 80s.
>>
>>3406067
So, on what demo party have you seen Zoe?
>>
>>3401981
I never understood why my friends wanted to go to these places. They were always in a seedy part of town, and we all had PC's capable of playing everything they had to offer.

I'm glad that once I got DSL I just hosted games so people would stop begging me to go waste money to play a game I already owned at home.

I definitely think they were awesome though for people who didn't have access to PC/PC gaming.
>>
>>3406543
That sounds depressing as fuck.
The ones I went to were always in the nice part of town, but I had a way better computer at home as well. At the time I felt it was a waste of money. Now looking back on it almost 11 years later it was a good time and I'm glad I went.
>>
>>3401981
why does this look like a room of future school shooters?
>>
>>3402040
Good for you spoiled cunt, I bet you worked really hard to be so privileged
>>
>>3406543
I'm sure you had just as much fun on your own as the 10 guys playing in the same internet café
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.