[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where you find good deals on games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1470170102795.jpg (310KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470170102795.jpg
310KB, 1440x960px
nothing in the sticky. where do you find retro games at a decent price point? garage sales? goodwill? pawn shops? brick and mortar store in your area? website? is there anywhere to get games in good condition and not get assraped with ebay prices?

>inb4 just emulate

i enjoy having a physical copy. i'm not a collector fag by any means, but i prefer to own the cart just like when i was a kid.
>>
>>3401483
Ebay. Although I did have a really neat brick and mortar store that was the size of a bedroom but had so many games and old consoles.

Girl in op is cute.
>>
has anyone had any success at goodwill whatsoever? i know mostly all of their stuff goes directly to shopgoodwill auctions, but have you ever left your phone number with the front desk or tried going to your city's local hq? i know where it is in my area, but it's in one of the most dangerous places in the city so i'm hesitant to go try, especially if other peoples success rate is low.
>>
>>3401483
>obvious attention whore
>not showing feet
fucking slut dyke
>>
>>3401483
All those places are good. Plus flea markets and yard sales, and any local thrift stores. Got two PS1 games from my local Goodwill yesterday, found em mixed in with the audio CDs
>>
>>3401483
>Where you find good deals on games
>>
>>3401658
This, but honestly even up until 2011 or so it wasn't so bad. The past 5 years have really been brutal.
>>
>>3401692

i'm hoping the market will take a dip soon. i think the collecting fad is due to start fading.
>>
File: zPrIetr.jpg (111KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
zPrIetr.jpg
111KB, 720x960px
>>3401634
>footfags
>>
File: 1405549740728.webm (3MB, 847x372px) Image search: [Google]
1405549740728.webm
3MB, 847x372px
>>3401713
>>
>>3401692
I picked up my Sega CD collection all online around 2011. Prices are now double.
>>
Damn that mexican slut is hot. Haven't seen her posted in a while.

Also good deals are gone, you're too late. Try the first half of the 2000s decade for good deals in /vr/ stuff.
>>
Pretty much the only "good" deal I ever had was a Mega Man 2 for $2.50 at a pawn shop when the going rate for one was around $8. Everything else I just bought before prices went retarded.

Recently sold my entire Saturn collection because I could make so much money off from. Then 2 months later they cracked it. You have no idea how big the smile on my face was :^)
>>
>>3402614
>>3402632
>>3402643

when do you bros think the market is going to dip and prices will be reasonable again? is there an end in sight?
>>
Built 90% of my collection from car boot sales. I go to 4 most weekends, all pretty close to me.

I also resell to help pay for it all. The downside is you don't always get what you want but it is at least affordable. Another downside is waking at 5am saturday and sunday...
>>
>>3402678
I give it another 7-10 years but that's being pessimistic. Don't see any signs of the end times yet, 80s and 90s kids are right there in the 25-35 range and retro gaming is hip. Give it another 5 years.
>>
File: 1347198133011.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1347198133011.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>3402691

deep down i know you're right. i was hoping the fad would fade and/or people would lose interest or move on to something else, but as long as they still have disposable income it'll probably just continue.
>>
>>3401483
I have rss channels set up for ebay, so I get to see within an hour if a good deal is put up.

It is also useful if you search for a broader term (like SNES cart or something), and then sort by date of upload. If someone puts up some good stuff on a buy-it-now, at a good price, you can nick them before anyone else sees them.

Also, if you see something good but expensive, and it has a "Make an offer" button, put in a much cheaper offer. I had hundreds of dollars shaved off of stuff that way.
>>
>>3402691
I would say this sounds about right.

I'm really really hoping the NES mini takes off in a big way. Then stuff like the SNES , 64, Genesis mini could follow suit satisfying normies nostalgia thirst for everything retro. Once they are out of the way then its just us NEETS competing for physical copies of games again.
>>
>>3402741
The problem with this line of thinking is that the normies aren't the ones fucking you right now. They never were. There aren't any hordes of normalfags out there mass buying all the carts.
>>
File: 1469438242271.jpg (95KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
1469438242271.jpg
95KB, 405x540px
>>3401874
>>
>>3401483
W ho is this girl????
>>
File: ggfg.jpg (48KB, 203x176px) Image search: [Google]
ggfg.jpg
48KB, 203x176px
>>3403070

paprika
>>
>>3403084
paprika from...?
>>
>>3402680
Hard to find decent vidya at car boots now with the peopel that run up to every car as it's driving across the field essentially yelling at the occupants. "ANY VIDYA GAMES, RECORDS OF MOBILE PHONES??"
>>
>>3401621
I went to the goodwill warehouse only once. everything is loose in bins, and you can get shit for cheap (like, priced by the pound), but the only vidya I spotted was a loose rogue squadron GC disc at the bottom all scratched to hell
>>
>>3401483
Actually going out side works for me, I find a surpringsly good amount of old games/consoles at the local recycling centre. Literally walked in and picked up an Xbox that was 100% working a week ago for 3 dollars. Garage/yard sales are worthwhile if you go to 10+ looking for video games nowadays. Last time I did that only one place had games, and it was only as old as PS1. Still got 50 something in varying condition for 40 bucks, sold the shitty/uninteresting ones on ebay later and made profit.
>>
>>3405767
Oh yeah and I picked up a copy of SimGolf at the recycle centre too, perfect condition. Surprising seeing as it's literally just a holding area for stuff that was thrown in the bin and the dump workers sorted it into the "Hmm maybe it's not completely worthy of landfill" pile.
>>
>>3401621
I found a GBA SP (not 101 but hey) there for 3 dollars. That's the only decent vidya deal I've found at one, although I was able to get like 3 dreamcast controllers with UMVs in each of them for like under 5 bucks each. But as far as cartridges go, not a damn thing.
>>
>>3405937
er...VMUs.
>>
I got a great deal on a buch of retro vidya at your moms house after you left for college.
>>
>>3401621
I go to a Goodwill outlet all the time

I've seen a couple of Atari cartridges, but they're worth like a buck anyway

Plug and play consoles turn up periodically

Guitar hero controllers and PC controllers (including flight sticks and driving wheels) show up frequently

For actual retro gamer console shopping there ain't much, I got a Genesis controller once and that's about it
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.