[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are we retrofags the superior race? I mean, free, extremely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-23-15-56.png (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-23-15-56.png
431KB, 1920x1080px
why are we retrofags the superior race? I mean, free, extremely good free games , superior soundtrack , comfy af
>>
File: 1469754451571.png (70KB, 228x314px) Image search: [Google]
1469754451571.png
70KB, 228x314px
>>3401439
>comfy
>emulating
>on screen controller
>>
>Odin
>Noah
You've got nothing to feel superior about.
>>
Modern games are exactly as free.
>>
>>3401439
>>3401459

I agree with on screen controller being terrible in 100% of circumstances, but agree with the rest of the notions OP listed. But I have another question, do you guys ever feel like we're jaded as fuck because we had it so good? We lived through the golden age of gaming and because of it, we see modern shit as the shit that it is 95% of the time. We can't enjoy what we have because of what we had.
>>
>>3401537
OP here, yes , but some games like dank souls and gmod are cool
>>
>>3401545
Gmod is not a game. It's a tool for fking with the fun physic engine from that terrible 2nd halflife game.

As for d-souls, I want to give it a 2nd chance but they fucked up bad with the first one. I played it on PC with a compatible controller. 2 buttons for gestures, still need to use the keyboard to lock on. What the actual fuck? I looked into it, very common problem because they did a direct port and had no idea how to debug, and no intention to. Steam hands out refunds for Dark Souls like candy because of how badly its coded. I still want to give it a shot, but as it stands, that shit is unplayably bad and I'm not kowtowing and buying a shitty console again.
>>
Whenever people emulate games through a phone, I just feel sorry for them. It's like they never had a childhood. Have some dignity and at least emulate through a PC.
>>
>>3401575
I have a PS1 and SNES emu on my phone, but its only to replay classics I grew up with when I'm board. But I've also got a Moga Power Pro controller. Works great for Emu, the phone mounts on the controller, and it acts as an external battery pack thats good for a crazy long time. Got it for the VR headset that came with my phone, but it works great for this too. I pity anyone who plays emu on their phone with on-screen buttons.
>>
File: 1459117037705.jpg (95KB, 680x989px) Image search: [Google]
1459117037705.jpg
95KB, 680x989px
>>3401554
>As for d-souls, I want to give it a 2nd chance but they fucked up bad with the first one. I played it on PC with a compatible controller. 2 buttons for gestures, still need to use the keyboard to lock on. What the actual fuck? I looked into it, very common problem because they did a direct port and had no idea how to debug, and no intention to. Steam hands out refunds for Dark Souls like candy because of how badly its coded. I still want to give it a shot, but as it stands, that shit is unplayably bad and I'm not kowtowing and buying a shitty console again.
Not the place to discuss it, but Dark Souls is close to a masterpiece. Just get the mod dsfix and enjoy. Otherwise you just suck and have no idea what makes a good game.
>>
>>3401587
That sounds pretty cool actually. But yeah, if you play a game on your phone with on-screen buttons, just fucking stop. Better yet, don't make a topic on /vr/ that's essentially "us retro gamers, right? XDDD"
>>
>>3401597
DSfix did not work for my controller. I jumped through every hoop possible only to find I was one of thousands in the exact same boat. No solution. Thus the steam refund with no problems.

>>3401598
I really like it. I just wish there was more than 1 or 2 games on the VR for it that were worth any time. For retrogaming it's great though. From what the manual says, it's good for 16 hours of gaming off of a full charge (USB charging cable). I can't say if this is true or not; I've never seen it die.
>>
>>3401597
Not him but DSouls is a 8/10 at best
>>
>>3401439
Smartphones and tablets (normie devices) are the LEAST authentic way to do retrogaming.

KYS.
>>
File: 1325357913263.png (27KB, 313x260px) Image search: [Google]
1325357913263.png
27KB, 313x260px
>>3401439
>We
>Superior race
>Emulating
>That shit party
>Comfy cancer
>Le Dark Soul is a masterpiece meme

You clearly don't belong in here.
>>
>>3401537
Have you tried not being an elitist dick and just playing what you like?
>>
>>3402082
Not him, but which parts of that post made you think that he's an elitist dick, or that he doesn't play what he likes?
>>
>>3401439
>free games
Most of my games cost me about $60.
>>
>>3402020
>that shit party
Thats the only paty, there are no other optgions.
>>
>>3401554
Gmod is not a game. It's a tool for fking with the fun physic engine from that terrible 2nd halflife game.
You don't have to like the game, but there is way more than just the sandbox game mode; at least try out the game, fuck.
>>
>>3401439
What game is this?
>>
>>3402370
Have you tried searching for the names in the party?
>>
>>3401439
>gba version
disgusting
>>
>>3402374
Sorry, I thought OP just named his party dumb names.
>>
>>3401472
>bitching about names

You're in a lower tier than him.
>>
>>3402806
The names are just one indicator for the poor quality of the translation and lack of other things such as the FM sound.
>>
File: 1407636716157.gif (2KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
1407636716157.gif
2KB, 80x80px
So many triggered autists ITT. If OP wants to use a basic af phone emulator, let him. Also, how have this many people not played Phantasy Star? Play it, it's good.
>>
>>3402851
Tell me if this wasn't the best trade ever: I traded some mook my Lynx with Viking Child, California Games, some shitty flight sim/shooter, Chip's Challenge, Klax and Gauntlet for this SMS adapter for the Genesis with PS1 and Ghouls n' Ghosts.

I never did beat PS1, though. Right after Dr. Mad, I'd lose interest. Even today, I started up a game a few months back, got to the "GIVE ME YOUR CAT" part and just got bored again. Why does this happen?

I mean... I legitimately enjoy the game, but there's something about getting to that point that drains me of all interest/attention in/for it, like some Sailor Moon villain or something.
>>
>>3402898
I remember that shitty sim/shooter. It came with the Lynx, right? Blue something? So fucking boring. That does sound like a pretty decent trade.

As far as losing interest around Dr. Mad, I think after that is where the game really starts picking up.
>>
>>3401439
>emulating games on a phone
>using touch controls
do us all a favor and become an hero
>>
>>3402914
Well, I still have my save right at that point, so I could always pick it up again from there.

As for Blue something, yeah: definitely Blue something. Don't recall what, though. Viking Child was garbage, California Games was garbage, Blue something was garbage, Klax was meh, Gauntlet was meh and Chip's Challenge was meh. I think it was a pretty awesome trade. Wonder what that kid did with the Lynx. We never spoke again after that. We weren't friends, really, and he... um... 'went away' a short time after that.
>>
>>3402947

Turn base games are fine negro
>>
>>3402957
Yeah, every Lynx game you named that wasn't garbage had a better version on another platform. There were a few good Lynx games, but most of them were ports of awful computer games. It's too bad, the Lynx could have been pretty cool with a better software library.
>>
>>3402020
>Complaining about memes
>Use the 'you don't belong in our secret club' meme.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.