[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DragonWM2_giveaway.jpg (276KB, 756x951px) Image search: [Google]
DragonWM2_giveaway.jpg
276KB, 756x951px
I was talking with a friend about pokemon and the Mew and celebi give aways and blitches discovered years later. I mentioned something about Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 also having rare unobtainable monsters from a give away. I only knew this cause of nintendo power. I made a topic some time back trying to even remember the game to remember the give away. I found a scan of such a give away. Now, I know nothing of the game. I was just curious, people who've played and used game genie and hacks and such to get these 3, were they any good? Game breaking like Mew? Or just neat but duds? Only 75 given away from this contest that is soooo low. Dimensaur looks neat to me.

I guess, Dragon Warrior Monsters topic!
>>
>>3400983
Huh, that's pretty cool. I played the fuck out of that game but never knew it had 'event' monsters. Only 75 is astoundingly sparse, though.

Reminds me of all those unobtainable Digimon in Digimon World, that had all sorts of stupid made-up rumors about how to get them. Of course, they were all just Japan-only giveaways that never saw any western release.
>>
>>3400983
> We'll add the monsters and send it back
kek
>>
>>3401409

Right? they cant even GIVE you a free copy of the game?
>>
>>3400983
>lamia
>it looks like a peacock
still, neat though. didn't realize there where any games big enough to do the event exclusive items thing back then besides pokemon.
>>
>>3403851

They likely did it as a way to advertised and seem more like pokemon. Enix made better quality games (in terms of errors and bugs) and no one has discovered a way to get these 3. You can glitch in pokemon red/blueto get anything. In DWM2 you have to use game genie/hack to get these or have won them.
>>
>>3405335
>no one has discovered a way to get these 3.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1795/
>>
>>3405369
>In DWM2 you have to use game genie/hack to get these or have won them.

maybe finish reading the post next time before replying to it?
>>
>>3405591
>maybe finish reading-

Finish reading what? What should I finish reading? Huh?
>>
File: riker2.jpg (52KB, 696x531px) Image search: [Google]
riker2.jpg
52KB, 696x531px
>>3405647
>>
I'm a huge, HUGE fan of this series.

I gamesharked these 3 on an emulator a couple times.

They're great, but here's the problem with them, at least what I had when I gamesharked.

In DWM2, you need to reach level 10 to be able to breed monsters.

Of the 3, only Lamia, and maybe Kagebou would have a max level greater than 10.

So, not only did they take a buttload of EXP to level up to 10 (which is very easy for pretty much every other monster in the game), 1 or 2 of the three would never be able to get higher than level 9!

Dimensaur in particular I remember never getting higher than 9. As such, it only learned 3 moves and there's nothing you can do to get it to level 10 and breed to make it any better.

All that being said, they're still really, really good. But I have never been able to get them ingame besides cheating and I have played the everloving SHIT out of these games.

I'm not sure if they're better than DarkDrium, which is the conventionally best monster in the game. Also, I'm not sure if they have the huge immunities to status ailments/spells like GranSlime does.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.