[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everdrive 64 V3 vs 64Drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: ed64vs64d.png (295KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ed64vs64d.png
295KB, 800x600px
Which one should I buy /vr/? I'm really after the one that has the most compatibility. Has anyone had any experience with both?
>>
File: CopTGpPXgAAoiZi.jpg (15KB, 280x234px) Image search: [Google]
CopTGpPXgAAoiZi.jpg
15KB, 280x234px
>>3397381
does v3 support animal forest finally?
>>
>>3397381
64drive is more geared for home brew developers. That's where the price premium comes in. If you only want to play games get the Everdrive.
>>
>>3397606
Sincere question: what would the appeal of playing Animal Forest even be, outside of being the most hardcore Animal Crossing fan? Is it even translated?

My understanding is that the entirety of it's content and more are in the [NOT RETRO] port.
>>
File: Col0fXYWAAAqwrd.jpg (17KB, 554x370px) Image search: [Google]
Col0fXYWAAAqwrd.jpg
17KB, 554x370px
>>3397614
im pretty sure there's a patch out there for english
,but i just want to experience it on my n64 on my crt (in english)
kinda like how i had to get a sega cd to play lunar 1&2 after playing them on ps1
>>
>>3397610
Bullshit. You can also easily dev on the Everdrive.
Actually there isn't much difference in those two.
Only thing is that the API of the 64Drive is better, so you are easier to dump games from card on the sdcard, like GB, 64DD etc.
But that's just a firmware thing and might get fixed on the E64 too sometime..
>>
>>3397614
Honestly it's not worth it, just play the gamecube port. The fan translation isn't complete (I could be wrong) and the gcn port contains everything the n64 version has and more.

Fun fact: You can load up animal crossing on the gcn, take the disc out and keep playing the game in it's entirety. Because animal crossing is just the english port of the n64 game, the file size is small enough to live inside the gamecube's RAM.
>>
>>3397614
>Is it even translated?
Only retards play translations.
>>
The question is, how's the chinese ED64 Plus aliexpress sells as of now?
>>
>>3397646
>so you are easier to dump games from card on the sdcard
So we should avoid the 64Drive because it gives you brain worms and make you type like a retard?
>>
>>3397381
As an owner of the V3, I'd say get the chink one.

It's the same shit. I only bought the Krikzz one so I didn't have to reset after every save. Who cares about build quality when it's just going to sit in your N64 forever?

>>3397606
Yes it does. It has a built in clock only for this one game.
>>
>>3397774
>Fun fact: You can load up animal crossing on the gcn, take the disc out and keep playing the game in it's entirety. Because animal crossing is just the english port of the n64 game, the file size is small enough to live inside the gamecube's RAM.
Wow. Wouldn't that work with other N64 ports?
>>
>>3398091
Maybe? There's the Zelda ports, but, I think those actually load from the disc at certain points due to the emulator it's using. I know Majora's Mask does anyway.
>>
>>3398091
>Wow. Wouldn't that work with other N64 ports?

I'd have to be 40 MB or less with N64 ROM + emulator + miscellaneous rendering work space.

Animal Crossing would be more space efficient since I don't think it runs an emulator like the Zelda ports.
>>
>>3398054
when you say the gook one, do you mean this?
>>
>>3398685
not him, but that thing plays anything you'd ever need out of an everdrive. it doesn't have a real time clock but really, are you ever going to be playing japanese animal crossing?
>>
>>3398701
No, I'm never going to play it. Is that the only game that uses a real time clock?
>>
Just got my ED64 V3, where can I find the Complete library No-Intro.
>>
>>3398706
Yes

The only other game that the ED64 V3 plays which the V2.5 can't play is Pokemon Stadium 2, and that's due to a technicality with game file sizes. V3 will play it of course, but then I think you could get PokeStadium2 for less than the cost difference between 2.5 and 3.

At least, that was my reasoning for getting a 2.5. I'd never play animal forest and I don't care about stadium 2.

>>3397774
more importantly, is there a translation for Animal Forest e+?
>>
>>3398701
>>3398706
>>3398685
So is it a flashcart? Since it says Game Save Device on the front
>>
>>3398784

It's pretty clear you don't care about Stadium 2 as it actually works fine on V2.5, just with a slight RAM glitch. IIRC it's that the 3D models that are usually loaded up as you're selecting your Pokemon from the rental list are invisible. It's purely in this one menu and doesn't affect any gameplay, I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out to me.
>>
>>3398685
That guy here, yeah just get that one. Literally the cheapest one you can find. You miss out on Pokemon Stadium 2, Animal Forest...wow that's it. Fucking nothing. Who cares?
>>
>>3400127
So it's a flashcart?
>>
>>3400127
Pokemon Stadium is one of the best looking games on the N64.
>>
>>3400135
It is. I even found some on ebay.

Aliexpress seem to be making flash carts harder to find. They have them but not using easily searchable words
>>
>>3400135
Yes. I don't know why they call it "game save device." Probably for the same reason we call downloaded ROMs "backups."

>>3400146
And you can still play it. You just can't play 2. Although this guy says you can do that too >>3400080
>>
>>3400127

OP Here.

Thanks for the advice, I'm just gonna buy the chinese knock off and save $200, and if I'm really wanting to play pokemon stadium 2 I'll just buy the damn game, although I doubt it.

One last question, would it support 64DD games? Not a big deal if it doesn't, just curious.
>>
File: 1464377681736.png (51KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1464377681736.png
51KB, 666x666px
>>3397621
There is, but it's incomplete, and nowhere close to being a full playthrough. Afaik, the GC version is much better, also because they added more characters for the NA release.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.