[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Nintendo Power Magazines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: SAM_0879.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0879.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Anyone on /vr/ collect old Nintendo Power magazines?

My best friend came over a dumped some old Nintendo related stuff. Are Nintendo Powers worth anything? I thought they weren't, but the original issue is trying to fetch some silly prizes on ebay. It's 100% complete, and I honestly don't feel comfortable talking it, if it's worth 50 dollars or so.
>>
Nothing at all? I figured a few people would collect Nintendo Power on /vr/.
>>
>>3395997
Slow board

>>>/v/

>Are Nintendo Powers worth anything?
>fetch some silly prizes on ebay
>>
>>3395929
I don't collect it, but I do have a decent stack of the earlier issues I inherited from my cousin. Something like issue... 7 through 28? Something around that many.
>>
>>3395929
I do collect them. Only a few issues are worth anything. Pretty much the trend is if it's the first one, the last one, one for a popular game or special issue then it's worth more than maybe a dollar.

There's not a lot of collectors out there, but there's also not a lot of copies in good condition anymore. So I don't know how much of a rush there is to get them.
>>
File: NP.jpg (517KB, 1022x518px) Image search: [Google]
NP.jpg
517KB, 1022x518px
>>3395929
I didn't get into Nintendo power until the issue with the Ducktales cover came out (was that #8?), but I eventually got all the past issues I was missing much later. Somewhere between 1996-1998 a game store sold me a box of old game mags for $15. It had 40 issues of Nintendo Power, even going back to and including #1.

I now have them all up until the end of the N64 era, because that's when I ended my subscription. Missing most after that, but not a big loss. I at least grabbed multiple copies of the last issue when that went out.
>>
I collected them for about two years starting from issue 194 (the one with Mario Kart on the cover and the Twilight Princess CD inside).

I don't remember why I stopped. I really loved it. Getting a new Nintendo Power was the highlight of my month for freshman and sophomore year of high school.
>>
>>3395929

Threw my entire collection in a dumpster when I moved out. The fuck what they're worth that was like 5 boxes of shit to move that's now single zip file.
>>
>>3395929
I have the first 50. Bought them when they had an offer in their magazine years ago. I got bags and boards for them all, and stored them in a plastic tote. None of them have mailing labels or are missing anything.

I'm probably going to put them on eBay together someday. Start the auction at $1 and see how high it goes.
>>
I used to have issues like 15-200something, can't find them any more though. My biggest regret is that I can no longer find the issues where Chris Chan had submitted letters. I distinctly remember reading one he sent in when the DS first came out, some dating sim game. He sent in a letter saying how it helped him pick up girls lel
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.