[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything more sickening than Atari Jaguar apologists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: atari-jaguar.jpg (240KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
atari-jaguar.jpg
240KB, 600x338px
How does this console still have a following in 2016? It had very little of actual quality on it. Arguably even 3DO or 32X had more good games.
>>
File: 21516124d214d.gif (621KB, 426x212px) Image search: [Google]
21516124d214d.gif
621KB, 426x212px
>He forgot T2K existed
>>
>>3395808

You mean the inferior Jaguar port of the PC game?
>>
Jaguar games are mostly shit but they have a distinct "Atari" quality to them that particularly appeals to some people.

That having been said, I strongly prefer the 3DO. You have to dig a little harder to find good exclusives on it but it's only because they're somewhat lost among all the good 3DO games that were multi-platform.

To me, that's much better than how the good Jaguar games really rise to the top of the crap but I think hipsters might prefer to know a whole bunch of deservedly obscure, terrible games.
>>
Fact: The Atari Jaguar has Xbox360 levels of performance if it is properly programmed.
>>
>>3396431
Follow-up questions, were there actually any Jaguar games programmed that efficiently?
>>
>>3396431
It would be possible to get more out of the Jaguar than was actually accomplished during the system's life, but in saying that even at its peak it couldn't compete with 5th gen consoles.

Hell, Jaguar's dedicated blitting chip is less than four times slower than the N64's general purpose GPU at blitting operations.

PS1 can even do proper textured rectangles faster than the Jaguar's blitter peak performance.
>>
>>3396502
Yeah, real shame that they didn't realize the most important thing about your console is the software it has. All that hardware and not one even remotely decent title throughout the entire lifecycle of the system.

Now if we could get modern console makers to realize this, we'd be doing good.
>>
>>3395754
>It had very little of actual quality on it.

But what it had in that small selection was amazing. Alien vs. Predator on the Jaguar is still my favorite Alien/Predator related game.
>>
The Jaguar is comparable to the 32X in performance and game library.

Jaguar has slightly more power as it's not piggybacking a 4th gen system.

32X has slightly better games because Sega's a better developer than Atari.
>>
>>3396431
And Sega Saturn is comparable with modern video accelerators when properly programmed
I remember John Carmack loved Jaguar, but I still don't get why.
>>
>>3396431
This is my favorite meme
>>
Jaguar had a great port of wolfenstein. Rayman was great too.
>>
File: 92014-Super_Burnout_(World)-1.jpg (119KB, 640x907px) Image search: [Google]
92014-Super_Burnout_(World)-1.jpg
119KB, 640x907px
>>3395754
At least it had Rayman, Tempest 2000, Power Drive Rally, Super Burnout, a decent version of Doom, a decent version of Raiden, and Pinball Fantasies. That's more good games than what the Virtual Boy had (although 3DO and 32X still beat it for library quality).
>>
>>3396903
Likes a challenge
>>
>>3395754
It doesnt have a following at all dude
>>
It had a cool af box though.
>>
>>3398208
You'd be surprised.
>>
>>3398208
It has a small but dedicated homebrew scene, as well as some legitimate fans. I don't want to say they're hipsters, but some of the love must be from people who like more obscure stuff.
>>
>>3398347
They're called hipsters. They like unpopular things (even if they're unpopular because they're shitty) solely because they're unpopular. They want people to ask them things like "YOU like the JAGUAR?!". They also, though not always (1% of the time) do not like things solely because they are popular. They want people to react in shocked ways, planning out their conversations, "you don't like the NES? HOW?"
>>
>>3396601
32X had half the library but twice as many good games. Poor Jaguar.
>>
>>3398419
The hipster boogeyman strikes again
>>
Any other good Jaguar games?
>>
>>3401273
Brutal Football, Ruiner Pinball, and Attack of the Mutant Penguins
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.