[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android vs PC Emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: download.png (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 300x168px
Which platform has the best retro console emulators?
>>
Obviously PC. How is this a question?
>>
nigga what do you think
>>
They use the same base most of the time. I mean both have RetroArch.

What the fuck are you even on about?
>>
>>3395548
Android just has ports of pc emulators and a few custom ones.

The real difference is in processing power.

Android is pretty much only mobile devices, so you have generally weaker processors than you can shove into a desktop, however, desktops aren't mobile.
>>
>>3395626
This matters zero. PC is far superior. Retroarch has plenty of shit support on Android and Ios. There are plenty of emulators on PC that run near perfect and on anything else runs shit.

>>3395668
My Surface Book, Surface 3, Surface pro 1, TabProS are all mobile. They all outperform Android. Let alone a large selection of laptops that are mobile
>>
Is there an equivalent of those Chinese Android handhelds that use Windows? Google gives me nothing, except for the smartphones.

Also can a Windows Phone run the same emulators for PC without incompatibility issues?
>>
Theres any good handheld emulation device in the market android based that doesnt have chinese plastic controls? The poor quality building is what stops me from buying one. The PSP might not be perfect, but at least that shit can last years of use.
>>
>>3395718
>The poor quality building is what stops me from buying one.

Which one are you referring to? I have a GPD XD, a JXD s5800 and I've had a s7800 before and they are perfectly fine. Also, the s7800 lasted for three years until the DPad began to malfunction. I know a PSP can last much longer than that, but hey, at least the games don't run like shit on Android.
>>
File: ipega PG-9023.jpg (215KB, 1734x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ipega PG-9023.jpg
215KB, 1734x1080px
>>3395692
>Is there an equivalent of those Chinese Android handhelds that use Windows?
Right now, all you can do is attach a bluetooth controller to a small Windows tablet.
The first actual Windows handheld with built-in game controls likely to hit the market is the GPD Win, due out in a month.
>>
Also i heard that the Vita is finally getting homebrews. And those things are kind of cheap where i live compared to the android handhelds. Can we expect soon some emulators?
>>
>>3395548
I hope this isn't a serious question.
>>
You could take a latte panda and make a GB case to it but despite being a authentic Windows machine, the processing power is shit.
PC (assuming a generic x86 machine) always outperforms mobile devices.

ARM is low power but never as good as a beefy PC, but has more mobile devices. There are x86 smartphones too but they're still androids
>>
>>3396056
Adding to this, there are far more emus with debug features on PC
>>
>>3395548
Most Android devices have higher resolution and DPI screens that most computer monitors, so shaders will look a lot better on them. Give it time and Android will be the go-to platform for emulation.
>>
>>3395686
Yeah but they're technically laptops since they use at the bare minimum an Atom, which is basically around late Core 2 Duo performance.
>>
>>3396062
Fair point, but lack of physical keyboards is a massive turnoff. This will hopefully change if a really good attachment pad thingie comes around. So far I've only seen Gameklips as a universal solution and even those require both the phone and the controller to be charged
>>
>>3395548
Mommys iphone
>>
What dumb idiot would ever want to play emulators with touch screen controls?
>>
>>3398584
99% of the dumb idiots here?
>>
File: dnkmemes.png (99KB, 418x213px) Image search: [Google]
dnkmemes.png
99KB, 418x213px
>>3395548
fcex
>>
>>3398584
Not me.
>>
>>3398584

i play turn based games on it.
>>
>>3398584

I don't mind if it's with a turn-based JRPG but trying to play an action game with touch controls is fucking dumb.
>>
>>3395548
DS, GBA and GBC android emulators are better than windows ones. You can even use trade link without any trouble.
>>
Turn based/tactical rpgs are fine on android with touch control. Anyone thing else is a pain in the dick and not worth it.
>>
>>3395563
some people have brain problems

try to understand
>>
>>3401418

This. For portable emulation android is superior. I can finally play DS games with just a controller adapter.
>>
>>3403554
>finally
What's stopping you from buying a DS? Those things are like $60
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.