[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have the strongest urge to play this game right now, and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (154KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
154KB, 256x256px
I have the strongest urge to play this game right now, and I was wondering if there was a PS1 emulator capable of allowing online play?
>>
>>3395478
I don't think there is netplay for PS1, but even if it did, it's probably gonna be laggy as fuck. You're better off playing locally with someone by connecting a second controller or something.
>>
ePSXe maybe?
>>
>>3395478
I definitely need to play this game.
Do people still burn games and play on their modded ps2/ps1s?
>>
>>3395756
I did exactly that with the game. Works smooth as butter.
>>
OMFG i never knew you could have 2 players coop in this! I must get around to making a friend... :)

Does the story change? Or anything else? Or one of the AI party simply gets controlled by the 2nd controller? Does it go split screen, or you both have to go in the same direction?
>>
>>3395478
shit game. honestly it's poor and is mana in name only. crap!
>>
Kaillera
>>
>>3396217
Would you objectively liken it to a shitload of fuck?
>>
>>3395478

This is my favorite game of all time.

>inb4 shit taste
>>
>>3396217
the other mana games play like shit though

they all do
>>
Isn't the 2-player shit in this one (as in, you can only play as an imported character or random NPC's that constantly leave/join your party)?
>>
>>3397385
All the NPCs in this game are great asshole
>>
Are there any torrents around with ps1 .img or bin/cues? most isos I get are shit and epsxe isn't detecting my controller anyway
>>
>get blackpearl
>faceroll all areas and bosses with her ability

I mean, the game is already easy enough
>>
>>3397301
It's mine too. Seriously.
>>
>>3397385
>only play as an imported character
>only

Nigga, playing as your own character from your own adventure in a friend's game is fun as fuck.
>>
>>3399647
On paper. In execution though you can't level up or change gear of the imported character while playing with a friend.
>>
>>3400494
Given that you're probably going to have to play all the same quests and stuff on your own file I'm not sure why you would want to do that and ruin all the balance of the game that's there when it's already pretty thin as it is. It would be pretty ridiculous to make your friend sit there for half an hour while you mess around in the work shops or something too.

So instead, you could like, take turns and help one of you make it through the Faerie scenario while the other plays the Dragon Scenario
>>
I utterly adore this game
>>
So, is it possible to play through the entire game with Bud/Lisa as your only partner, or do they get swapped out based on what quest you're on?
>>
>>3400601
If I remember correctly there are a lot of scenarios that you flat out can't trigger if you don't have an open slot or take the required character with you to participate in the story events.
>>
>>3397307
They don't play great, but LoM is pretty terrible. Who decided to make it so your characters can only face left or right in combat?

With better gameplay and proper balance that game could have been a masterpiece. As is it's decent but flawed.
>>
>>3400619
>Who decided to make it so your characters can only face left or right in combat?
oh god it's this autist again

nobody complains about this shit in streets of rage
>>
>>3401010
So Legend of Mana is a belt scroller?
>>
>>3401018
it's a beat em up but not a belt scroller

jesus christ you millennials are fucking retarded
>>
>>3400619
Everything else more than makes up for the mediocre battle system to me. And honestly, I'm fine with just mashing buttons and playing around with different weapons. Do I wish it were better? Of course, but I still love the game.
>>
>>3397301
It's a great game, one of my favorites for PSX but some of it is so fucking weird
>>
Playing at my PS3 CFW Cobra
>>
>>3401796
weird is good
>>
Is Nicollo the biggest asshole of the Mana games?
>>
>>3401010
I don't like that they dropped the ball on the combat and made the actual gameplay which is a major chunk of the game lackluster so I'm an autist? Fuck your buzzwords.

I get that it was probably one of your first games like this and really stood out, but the first three games were all far better when it came to fighting. If Legend had a solid control scheme and fun combat it could have been amazing. As is it's good but deeply flawed.

>>3401724
I do still like a lot of the other stuff the game does, especially the way it tells it's plot and them all being a collection of littler stories. But this was one of my favorite series ever so I can't not compare it to the other games.
>>
>>3402123
So you traded the ability to attack up and down to being able to attack freely as opposed to once every 3 seconds in SD3.

Traded having 3 characters that all attack the same (or hit twice in one attack), 3 specials tied to your class to having a simple combo system, variety in weapons and the specials that came with them.

I don't remember any about magic in LoM, so I can't say anything there.

I've played all the Mana games, and LoM is still my favorite. What was it about LoM's combat system dropped the ball for you?
>>
>>3402317
>What was it about LoM's combat system dropped the ball for you?

Well being forced into just facing two directions as I've said I thought was a massive mistake. But then I'm one of those crazy people who liked SoM's charging system. I liked maneuvering all around into position and choosing the best time and direction from which to attack. Seiken 3 ditched the charging and I think it was for the worse, but it's still decent.

By comparison LoM really just feels like you just walk sideways and mash away until the enemy dies. The comparison to a beat em up is apt I think, and I've always found those games.

It also doesn't help that the game has this amazing and deep crafting system, but they fucked up the difficulty so there's no point to it. Nightmare mode should have been an awesome challenge, but with a flail that wasn't even that powerfully forged I breezed through it like nothing.

The final disappointment was the end boss dying in all of two hits. Two hits! In NIGHTMARE mode. With a flail I half-assedly forged.

Don't get me wrong, it does some great stuff. The story, music, graphics are all amazing. The forging system even though it never really gets to stretch it's wings is really deep and interesting to tinker with.

But fuck man... the combat is boring as all hell compared to the other games in the series up to that point. And combat is the bulk of the actual gameplay. No one wanted to like that game more than me. I pre-ordered it, I bought the soundtrack months in advance.... And I still played the living hell out of it. But in the end I have to be honest, and parts of it really suck.
>>
>>3402340
So basically, despite the mechanics in place, you found the game rather easy and so you didn't have anything challenging to use those mechanics to their full extent?

Yeah, that's usually an issue people have with LoM. It doesn't bother me much though. I'm just a casual after all.
>>
>>3402363
That yes, but even if the difficulty hadn't been borked, the basic combat was still nowhere near as fun as other games in the series and that's mostly what you're doing. It wasn't just that it was easy, it was easy and boring.
>>
>>3402123
>the first three games were all far better when it came to fighting.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I found SoM and SD3 to be pretty dull in all areas, including combat. Legend is probably the only Mana game that I truly enjoy.
>>
I don't know why people get mad at LoM for it's lack of difficulty then say they like the other games better, when the other games are pretty much braindead attack and then heal affairs, and then you also use elemental magic and alternate that with attacks. Probably only FFA and LoM are actual action games (SoE is more of an action game than SoM or SD3).

It would be fair to complain about LoM's control scheme when comparing it to something like Brave Fencer Musashi. At least then you'd be comparing apples to oranges, but the earlier games weren't even really fleshed out, instead of an apple, they were just apple drink.

It's also completely obvious why LoM has that control scheme, it's so that you can enter button combinations on the D-pad to go fucking wild stringing combos together and twirling through the air and back-flip kicking things like some sort of ninja. The only argument that actually makes sense for why you'd think that's bad is that you either don't like fighting games or don't like fun, and can only enjoy a prosaic emulation of what your own lonely childhood would be like if you could make friends and had the courage to go out exploring and if anything in your life actually fucking mattered at all.

Then there's these fucking weirdos who think SD3 is the best entry in the series like really

like really really

this shit isn't deep or complex or interesting, even early dragon quest titles have more depth for fucks sake
>>
>>3402545
Apparently I don't know what the word prosaic fucking means either, and for some reason I thought it was loosely closer to hypnotic or pacifying
>>
>>3402545
I'm the one that gives it a lot of shit for it and it's in large part because the crafting system has so much potential that doesn't get used.

>The only argument that actually makes sense for why you'd think that's bad is that you either don't like fighting games or don't like fun

Funny because fighting games are my favorite genre and I'm a huge fan of fun. But I do find Beat Em Ups very boring because they're like playing shitty, limited, single player fighting games. So maybe that's why I don't like playing LoM either.
>>
>>3402567
Well shit I guess you don't like all the Tales games too then!

What I don't understand is why you like another game that's even more flawed for the exact same reasons.
>>
>>3402575
I liked Tales of Destiny alright. I probably liked Legend of Mana more though. I don't hate LoM I just don't think it's as fun as Secret of Mana and it was a disappointment compared to what I thought it could have been. That was Square in the '90's for ya though if you ask me.

>What I don't understand is why you like another game that's even more flawed for the exact same reasons.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
>>
>>3402584
>I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I don't know why you would prefer the other games that are even more thin and boring.
>>
>>3402621
I talk about my preferences in the first two bits here. >>3402340

I find the combat in SoM far more interesting because of the loop of charging and positioning yourself for one large attack as opposed to just rushing and mashing. That's a big part of my disappointment in Seiken 3 as well.
>>
>>3402629
how is holding a button better than charging your attacks with a combo?
>>
>>3402634
>>3402634
Because as you hold the button it charges through various kinds (strength, hit distance/area etc) of attacks while you maneuver into what you think is the best position. There's a risk/reward to it because some of the big charges are very powerful attacks, but you're vulnerable when building up to it.

Personally to me that's a lot more interesting over the course of a game than just moving from enemy to enemy and hitting attack over and over till each dies. But you'll also note that I recognize that this opinion isn't widely held and many people prefer basic mashing. Which is fine, to each their own. This is just my opinion so I give it because I feel strongly about this game.
>>
So, I don't know if any of you guys read it already but here's a small commentary with interviews to the Seiken Densetsu devs.

http://www.vgmonline.net/seikendensetsuboxliners/

That also includes a few comments on LoM, especially by Akitoshi Kawazu who was the producer at the time and a pal with Ishii and Tanaka, who are arguably the most important names in the Seiken Densetsu series.
>>
>>3402545
>Then there's these fucking weirdos who think SD3 is the best entry in the series like really
Well, I like it better than SoM. Secret was forgettable in every single aspect.
>>
>>3403791
IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL ADVENTURE FULL OF EMOTION AND WHIMSY
>>
>>3403791
I also don't understand the hype. SD3 gets shit on a lot here, but I didn't lose interest once playing through the whole game the way I do every time I try SoM.
>>
>>3402629
You still charge in Seiken 3. If you button mash in Seiken 3 it takes even longer to "charge".
>>
>>3403793
Legend accomplishes that to a much higher degree.

I don't even remember the plot of Secret it was so dull, and I played it fairly recently.
>>
>>3402719
It's not loading
>>
>>3402719
Didn't load but I used my super genius net skills to find a history version of it.
>>
>>3403850
I can't even think of a game that's more dreamlike and beautiful than LoM

Secret of Mana is still beautiful too

dat music and does graphics man

it makes me cry every time
>>
>>3403917
Good thing I saved it when he first posted the link since I like saving articles like ths
>>
>>3403923
Haha, so LoM got the saving grace of an extension.
>>
Legend of Mana is easily one of my favorite games of all time. It's so goddamn pretty to look, such a good fuckin' soundtrack, and holy fuck is it the comfiest.
There's been multiple times I've almost bought that Jap-only collector's edition art book.
>>
File: pls help.png (472KB, 551x696px) Image search: [Google]
pls help.png
472KB, 551x696px
Guys, i was replaying it and doing all of the side quests and while doing the Daddy's Broom quest i think i fucked up because, after Lisa went to the Junkyard and Bud started following me arround, i went back insed the house to save and Bud left and if try to go to the Junkyard alone, nothing happens.
>>
>>3405959
is the cactus there?
>>
>>3405959
You have to repick up Bud. He's somewhere.
>>
SPIKEY TIGER
>>
ITT: fags who pretend to like a series but hate all of its games
>>
>>3398256
Don't need torrents, emiparadise or coolrom does the job well
>>
>>3406568
probably domina?
>>
I got this for a couple bucks on a PSN sale recently.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.