[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the emulators good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: isit.png (165KB, 1181x496px) Image search: [Google]
isit.png
165KB, 1181x496px
Are the emulators good?
>>
>>3393210
>open source
>good
No.
>>
Retroarch is nice if you like dem shaders
>>
>>3393210
Site is designed like shit
>>
It's literally just fucking Retroarch.

Expect a little bit of handwork to get everything to work right, but when it does it's pretty effective and quick.
>>
>>3393210
>actually designing the gui to look like a ps3
>>
>>3393217
>proprietary emulators
>good
lel

Name a single one.
>>
>>3394196
Virtual console :^)
>>
>>3394198
You got me there fampai. Why is VC still the only passable N64 emulator?
>>
>>3394202
Nintendo built the hardware, made the games and employs professional testers.
>>
>>3393210
>retroarch
it's shit.
>>
>>3393210
How well does that thing actually work?
>>
>>3394202
Because Nintendo knows the exact specs of the hardware. It's unfair to compare VC with open source emulators.
>>
>>3396351
How is it bad?
>>
>>3393229
>Retroarch is nice if you like not being able to configure emulators that need BIOSes, random fucking glitches, and crashes whenever something is not configured which you can't fucking even do half the goddamn time
Retroarch is a fucking embarrassment to emulation and I can't understand anyone that actually thinks it's good.
>>
>>3400648
It's a good idea at its core, just needs someone who's actually tried to use it before to give it a better UI and make it easier to configure.
>>
>>3400615
From an end-user perspective it can be extremely confounding to configure or even get working. It might potentially be useful but it's such a pain in the ass. Haven't really had crashes or whatever the other anon is whining about, though.
>>
>>3400648
Yeah, I never got it, I used it a couple years ago and never since. I mean, theoretically if it worked great it would be a nice base for a system that boots automatically into it, like a raspi, or if it was made as a front end for an Android device. If the gui was more user friendly I could see it really taking off. The gui is easy to configure, but not as easy as any standalone emulator. But, I have better success rates, better performance, and an easier time using dedicated emulators.
>>
>>3400648
You're an embarassment to humanity if you're this stupid you can't use it correctly.
>>
>>3400824
Standalone emulators are only "easy" because they have shit all for options so you can't fuck them up.
>>
File: 8zJZCP6.jpg (140KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
8zJZCP6.jpg
140KB, 600x720px
reminder for people who want an easy-to-use retroarch:
http://romjacket.mudlord.info/INVADER
>>
My only (minor) complaint with Retroarch's psx core is that it doesn't scale things up as well as epsxe but I can't get my wireless controller to work with the latter.
>>
>>3394198
>>3394202

That's because N64 VC is not really emulation per se, but a rebuilt executable made to run on the Wii. Accuracy wise, the other VC stuff could be better.
>>
>>3402620
This.
>some options need to be changed by editing a text file.
>"OMG WHY CAN'T IT BE LIKE ZSNES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>3403985
Your shitty batch scripts don't help with anything on Lakka, batchboy aka sudopinion
>>
>>3404902
>don't help with anything on lakka?
dude wat.
>shitty batchscripts
most people have had a positive experience with retroinvader.
how about you go fuck yourself.
>>
>>3394198
Is this a joke? Does /vr/ seriously consider the VC good?
>>
>>3406036
The snes emulator is pretty solid, I can't fucking stand the nes emulation though.

The 64 emulation is a lot better than what you can get on pc.
>>
>>3404010
Can you inject N64 games in VC?
>>
>>3404010
I can't find a source on this, I tried googling but I found nothing. Can someone link me to a technical breakdown on this? I know this is how the gamecube/wii/wii u generally work, but i wasn't aware that the architecture was also used on the 64.
>>
>>3406041
Yeah, you can. Not 100% compatible but quite good, official VC releases basically had a custom tailored ini file to boot from, so games not released on the system can occasionally have problems.
>>
>>3394189
XMB was first introduced with the PSX and continued in PS3, PSP, and Sony branded TVs, set top boxes, cameras, BluRay players, and computers.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>3400648
>it's an anti-retroarch fag episode
>>
What's a good Retroarch alternative?
Just downloaded it but it's not intuitive at all.
>>
>>3411142
Lakka is a bit better.
>>
>>3411142
http://emucenter.2.free.fr/website/

The best
>>
>>3408141
I thought it was in TVs first but maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>3412337
I looked it up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XrossMediaBar
>Originally used on the PSX (a PlayStation 2 with an integrated digital video recorder)
>>
>>3406041
Only if the rom you want to inject is smaller than the rom you are using, since it just replace the older rom with a new one. So forget Perfect Dark or RE2.
>>
>>3411142
Get the best emulator for each platform and link them all up through a frontend.
>>
>>3413065
do you have any recs for a good frontend
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.