[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original games or Collection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Really Does it even matter
>>
Depends a lot on the quality of the collection. If they emulate incorrectly, have control issues, or worse, problems that were never there in the original, it's an awful collection. Many collections ARE good, though, it's just a couple of outliers here and there that are terrible.
>>
>>3390684
I mean specifically MMX Col. in this case.
>>
>>3390689
X Collection is pretty solid from what I remember, definitely a good option. They probably put more work into it than they did anniversary collection
>>
>>3390696

the X3 in X collection is the Playstation version so the soundtrack is significantly worse than the SNES version
>>
>>3390696
>>3390676
No video lag when theres too many sprites compaired to the original snes version
>>
>>3390676
I would say originals.

X collection and Anniversary collection are kind of shitty ports. They feel a bit off. with inputs, X collection uses the PS1 port sound so its a take it or leave it thing.

I personally am doing a bit of a cull, and since I have MMX1-3 on SNES, X4-6 on PS1, and Megaman 1-6 on NES, 7 on SNES and 8 on PS1 I'm probably going to get rid of the collections.

Its mostly a good option if you don't have -any- of the games. But emulation is so good that I would say that its not worth it to buy MM1-7 and X1-3.
>>
>>3390723
That pissed me off so god damn much.
>>
File: IMG_20160728_181126.jpg (3MB, 3215x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160728_181126.jpg
3MB, 3215x2988px
The video quality is great in X Collection. This image is of a SNES (not a 1chip) on RGB and you can see that the pixels aren't as sharp as X Collection and the colors are a lot better, comparable to a 1chip SNES.
>>
File: IMG_20160728_181150.jpg (2MB, 2652x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160728_181150.jpg
2MB, 2652x2988px
>>3391017
And this is X Collection on component.
>>
Original (First Printing) > GOTY Edition > Greatest Hits / Reprint > Physical Collection > Digital Download

That's just my opinion, though. I'm sure people would disagree with me at least on the GOTY stuff.
>>
>>3390676
It doesn't matter. Collections are a great way to get a lot of retro games for cheap.
>>
I bought the sega and capcom and midway ones.
>>
There's a lot of collection games threads as of late
>>
>>3390676
Command Mission was an awesome game. GameCube version a best.
>>
>>3392135
I play through it once a year. It's good stuff, I love getting overpowered in that. I especially love making Cinnamon overpowered as fuck, while using her weapon that can hit 8 times.
>SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK
>>
>>3390723
This doesn't bother myself as much since when X3 came out I could never for the life of me find a damn copy for Snes in my area. I found a PC copy and almost died since I had no idea it came out for PC but it had that same soundtrack. But I wouldn't know the difference personally since I've only played that one
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.