[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm now convinced: video games are art.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Plumbers_Don't_Wear_Ties_cover.jpg (69KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
Plumbers_Don't_Wear_Ties_cover.jpg
69KB, 640x908px
I'm now convinced: video games are art.
>>
Good
>>
File: work of art.jpg (7KB, 176x127px) Image search: [Google]
work of art.jpg
7KB, 176x127px
>>3387305
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
TAKE YOUR DAMN CLOTHES OFF
>>
>>3387305
wow i just noticed that chick from plumbers dont wear ties plays one of the whores in Even hitler had a girlfriend now i must play it lmao
>>
I dont understand this argument.

If piss, cum, blood, and shit pressed between two sheets of plexiglass is still "art", why does trash games like pdwt proof that video games are not art?

Similarly, shit like mass produced framed pictures you can buy for $5 at a discount store exists, but it doesnt take away from The Mona Lisa. But people will point to mass produced games as proof against video games as art.
>>
¿ʇi ʇǝƃ
>>
>>3387998
Me hablo no espanol senior.
>>
This was probably the best episode of AVGN. Only thing that bothers me about it is his exaggerated reaction to the chicken mask.
>>
I have a better one- are tiger games (and this one) video games?!?
>>
>>3387995
Basically everything that's the product of human creativity could be art in some context.
When people say "not art", they ought to be saying "bad art".
>>
Are there any interviews or documentaries about this game?

Like... Why is it so fucked up? Why does it jump from erotica to comedy to absurdist to creepy as shit like a schizophrenic dumpster fire?
>>
>>3388393
Kinda...

If someone says "Nintendogs isnt art" then yes, they would be more correct in saying "Nintendogs is bad art".

The problem are the people that lump all video games together and claim none are art because of "these" examples.
>>
>>3388393
>Basically everything that's the product of human creativity could be art in some context.
Is Pong art?
>>
>>3388881
Why wouldn't it be? It's a stunning technical achievement.
>>
>>3387305
For some reason it's the plunger that gets me.

The tie, okay, a tie hanging on a door is a thing for "Fuck off, I'm having sex in here" but the plunger? I mean because there's a plumber? No. That's a bridge too far. I don't need a plumbing tool stuck up to indicate to me that plumbing is involved here. The word "Plumber" does that for me. There is no cultural symbolism to the plunger. A plunger probably isn't even a tool a plumber has to carry with him, the plumber probably expects you have one. My understanding of plumbing is that it's actually more concerned with pipes. Let's look at the etymology of the word: late Middle English (originally denoting a person dealing in and working with lead): from Old French plommier, from Latin plumbarius, from plumbum ‘lead’.

Now why lead? Because pipes used to be lead, stupid. Because plumbers work with pipes, a pipe would've been a better symbol than a plunger, or you could've used a wrench - but a symbol was completely unnecessary anyway because you'd already used the word plumber. You even missed a trick with a Mario joke, because this is notionally a videogame and Mario is highly symbolic of video-games: At every step you messed up, you messed up badly, but most of all you still haven't got rid of that plunger. Get rid of it. I want it off. I want the plunger gone. It is not necessary, it is not adding anything, and it's not staying on the cover. Remove it.
>>
>>3388407

>Schizophrenic dumpster fire

Good name for a band.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.