[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best version of MAME for running Gradius/Parodius?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (882KB, 800x622px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
882KB, 800x622px
What's the best version of MAME for running Gradius/Parodius? Been trying to get Sexy Parodius running with a bunch of different versions and no luck so far.
>>
You're missing the konami gx bios (konamigx.zip)
Oshaberi never had an arcade port, playstation is probably the best version.
>>
Don't use mame though, it has terrible, unbearable input lag.
>>
>>3387026
I have the bios, keeps giving me the "missing one or more rom or chd images" thing.
>>
can't get sexy parodius to run either
>>
>>3387028
I never got this, do you run mame on a toaster or something?
>>
>>3387040
get an updated rom set
>>
File: penis.png (25KB, 296x250px) Image search: [Google]
penis.png
25KB, 296x250px
runs fine on my machine, stop downloading your roms from coolrom or something
>>
>>3387096
You should emulate your shmups on shmupmame only.
>>
>>3387103
>>3387040

Oh boy, dont you just love MAME, when every fucking version they fuck up the core so that you constantly had to change the romsets to be able to run a damn game?

also you have to get FULL ROMSETS, as in gigs? whatever happened to just getting one game that you want and thats it!?
>>
>>3387134
it's not for retards
i got the game running, so can you
>>
>>3387025
Groovymame if you have a CRT. Otherwise probably Shmupmame.
>>3387028
>it has terrible, unbearable input lag.
Probably your rubbish setup.
>>
Get MAMEUI, it has a feature that checks roms and tells you what files are missing. Then, just search for that file, download it, and put it in the rom zip.
>>
>>3387116
Shmupmame is outdated and inaccurate.
>>
File: working roms.png (190KB, 1438x854px) Image search: [Google]
working roms.png
190KB, 1438x854px
>Yet another "I don't know how to deal with MAME" thread

Ok, here we go again.

Go download RomCenter.
Run it, and then point it at your copy of MAME to create a .dat file.
Then point it at your ROM directory.
If it doesn't scan, tell it to refresh(the button that looks like the "reload" button on browsers).
Look at your list of ROMs.
The ones that are Green should work fine. The ones that are yellow are missing shit but might still be playable. The ones that are red are missing important shit.
See the files in red inside the ROM .zip? Those are the files you need. Googling the files should get you the .zip files you need.
Download those .zip files, place in ROM directory.
Rescan, is it still red? Find those files. Otherwise, go play. Pic related.
>>
>>3387025
HERE'S WHAT YOU ACTUALLY DO:

1. Get MAME Plus!

2. Choose the game you want from the list.

3. Audit that individual game.

4. Whatever file it tells you that you still need, search for that and download it and add it to the directory.

5. Play the game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.