[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Repro game refunds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1465926184415.gif (590KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465926184415.gif
590KB, 640x640px
>Buy a bunch of games from a seller on eBay
>Some are repros
>I know it's against the Terms of Service on eBay to sell counterfeit goods
>I kind of want to fuck this guy over and get my money back on the repros

Should I do it? How do you even do stuff like that?

I don't even want the repros, they were just in small lots of other stuff I wanted.
>>
>>3386338
lol collectorfag problems
>>
Well you could open a case with ebay and see what happens, but if they did their due diligence and said they were repros, ebay may tell you to fuck off. If you want to make a habit of it, they'll start sanctioning your account like any other asshole who starts making a bunch of accusations of counterfeit stuff.
>>
Were they clearly marked as repros or did they clearly look like repros in the listing? Did you bid the amount you bid because you thought they were legit games? If the answers are "no" and "yes" then definitely ask for a partial refund.
>>
>>3386370
>clearly marked as repros
Actually all the dude did was go (ENGLISH) besides each of them.

I bid assuming the repros were worth very little like 15-20 bucks.

I might try it just to test the waters.
>>
>>3386371
You are probably still trying something stupid. If you don't go all in and just timidly ask ebay "H-hey these are r-repros, can I get my money back?" They'll probably tell you "No." If you try to forcefully claim counterfeit, you'll have to provide proof and it will be pretty obvious you knew what you were getting. It would be one thing if it were a lone repro cart, but since it was a lot they may leave it at "buyer beware", and should someone actually legit try to fuck you later, you'll show a lost dispute on your account.
>>
>>3386430
Except regardless if its stated or not, its completely against the eBay terms of service to sell counterfeit goods.
>>
>>3386613
It's not a counterfeit if it isn't a game that was actually released. The only area it becomes dubious is what ROM was loaded on to it and any artwork that was printed, and that's a thin string to tug on. I mean if we're talking repro Chrono Triggers or EarthBounds, that's one thing. If you're talking Secret of Mana 2 or Final Fantasy V, you can't claim it's a counterfeit of an actual release.

But hey, it's the same old "take it up with ebay" thing. They'll either tell you to fuck off or not. Depends on what their team does in practice. Usually they'll tell you to try and resolve it yourself with the seller, and the fact you think you can jump the line crying "counterfeits" isn't going to sit well with them.

Or they'll tell you to destroy the game, refund your money, and that will be that. Going to get real convoluted with it being a lot, though.
>>
>>3386338
File an A-Z Claim and you will get your money back without having to send the items back.

I make my living on eBay and since eBay has started to compete with Amazon, they've made it easy to scam sellers (it's also easy to scam Amazon... order something, say it didn't arrive, and you get a refund or a replacement).

Doesn't matter if they indicate reproductions, those roms are copywritten.
>>
>>3386691
Even if the roms weren't released, they're still forging Nintendo logos and certifications. eBay doesn't give a shit about the little details.

Just so you know, you'll probably stress the seller out and make them lose money. Your call.
>>
>>3386671

>if you're talking SoM2 or FF5 you can't claim its a counterfeit of an actual release

It's still a violation of copyright. SD3 and FF5 are Squaresoft's (now Square-Enix) intellectual property and those carts were made using their games without their permission.

>>3386691
I have a feeling that would be how it goes. I kind of feel bad about doing it since this guy clearly isn't a big seller but at the same time I want to try it just to see what eBay will do.

I'll probably just sell them locally to hipster collectors or keep them for myself.
>>
>>3386338
Get all your money back. Fuck him and everyone else who floods the market with counterfeit trash.
>>
>>3386338
Nah man it could be a legit mistake on the sellers part. Happened to me recently with Pokemon Fire Red, messaged the guy, seemed genuinely sorry, explained he got a huge box of games he thought were legit, offered a refund with another apology.

Most are probably seeking to fuck over people, but don't just go straight to the "fuck them over" stage.
>>
>>3387328
And that's how ebay expects you to handle that type of thing. They do everything they can to get buyers and sellers to work things out themselves, because they don't want to pay mediators to sort out tiny little bullshit like this, because this isn't a case of a scam.
>>
>>3386338
Mail him first, say some are repros and you want to send those back and get a partail refund and he should cover postage. If he doesn't, open a case.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.