[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which was the superior Aladdin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: snes vs megadrive.jpg (123KB, 1077x415px) Image search: [Google]
snes vs megadrive.jpg
123KB, 1077x415px
Which was the superior Aladdin?
>>
they both have merits but I prefer the genny version
>>
SNES because it was made by actual video game developers.
>muh sword
>muh animations
Genesis has fuck awful level design.
>>
>>3385740
Yeah I really like the jumping mechanic in that one plus the sword in snes aladdin isn't really my coup of tea
>>
File: 1459982081860.png (1MB, 9216x3584px) Image search: [Google]
1459982081860.png
1MB, 9216x3584px
>>3385710
At least post an accurate comparsion, OP.
>>
The only people who say SNES never played the Genesis version
>>
You can tell which was made by the Japanese and which was made by Europeans.
>>
TWO DIFFERENT GAMES
>>
>>3385710
The one where I rub genies bottle and fuck your mom
>>
>move tie-in games
not even once
>>
>>3385787

I played both, as a kid, and prefer the Capcom game by far.
Virgin's game has great animations though.
>>
>>3385710
I don't understand the reactions to these games. It's like everyone needs to be convinced that one version is awesome and the other is shit. From my perspective we just got two pretty good Aladdin games that aren't clones of each other. That's a win-win in my books.
>>
>>3385937
You've missed out on a lot of great games then.
>>
>>3386148
This is a troll site, everything needs to be either the best or the worst thing ever with no in -between and if you disagree you're a faggot.
>>
>>3386151
List them.
>>
>>3386160
Well the Aladdin games are decent, all the Capcom Disney games were good. Super Star Wars, Empire and Return, very good. Cool Spot is somehow surprisingly fun.
>>
File: Aladdin_(SMS)_03.png (6KB, 496x384px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin_(SMS)_03.png
6KB, 496x384px
Stand aside
>>
>>3386253

That one is pretty good, better gameplay than the Virgin game
>>
>>3386131
>as a kid

you might as well have said as a retard, which is what kids are
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHNHCpXiPYc

So many choices
>>
>>3386292

That bootleg is infinitely better than the turd Virgin shat out for the NES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6at99d4aH0

it was only released in Europe, and it's actually a port from the Game Boy version, except the controls are totally fucked.
>>
>>3386317

nevermind, just noticed you posted the dendy episode, thought it was only a video of the capcom game bootleg for Dendy.

That video is great, he explains all the details of all the different bootleg games.

>that Popeye sprite
>>
>>3385753
That's inaccurate as well.
>completely wrong aspect
>no dithering
>>
>>3385743
SNES game does too though. Generic as fuck linear stages, and even autoscroller levels to boot.

Why do people care about either version? They're both shit.
>>
>>3386261
Videogames are for kids. What did you expect?
>>
I havent played geny, but i love snes version, and the caps make snes look better
>>
>>3386458
Especially video games based on kid's cartoon movies. Fuck this place is full of retards some days.
>>
>>3385710
what about the gbc version
>>
File: animation.gif (116KB, 421x275px) Image search: [Google]
animation.gif
116KB, 421x275px
>>3386261

I never played any of them as a kid, but I prefer the Capcom version as well. It managed to keep me interested in it till the end, unlike the Virgin game which retained the same basic formula for most of the levels.

Honestly, I'm not fond of the animations in the Virgin game either. They're corny as fuck, IMO.
>>
Is this the bait thread where we pretend to be retarded?
>>
>>3385710
Genesis
>>
>>3386257
Low quality bait
>>
>>
>>3385710
SNES. While the Genesis version has superior character animations, the SNES version has better gameplay. A lot of people base it solely on the fact Aladdin gets a sword in the Genesis version, but I don't really think a sword fits with Aladdin being a thief character.
>>
File: sad-house.png (4KB, 267x232px) Image search: [Google]
sad-house.png
4KB, 267x232px
>Genefags on suicide watch
>>
>>3385710
SNES hands down.
Better graphics, controls, level design.
Only good thing the megadrive version has is animation. But it's a piece of shit non game by a hack called dave perry, like all his games the level design is fucking attrocious.
>>
They're two different games by two different developers. Both are good in different ways.
>>
I played both back in the day. I thought the SNES version played like absolute dog shit.

I was like "who broke this game?" It's an 8-bit platformer masquerading as a SNES game.

Just so slow and meandering.
>>
>>3387223
>the SNES version has better gameplay

It is your bog standard "jump on enemies head" game.
>>
>>3387831
But Al does flips and shit as he's doing it! that's more than standard.
>>
>>3388179
You need to do flips and shit when you're stuck in a bog. That's what he was saying.
>>
>>3385795
You know, looking like shit isn't a uniquely European trait.
>>
>>3388179
It's still a circus simulator compared to the action in the Genesis game where you can slash people with a scimitar and make them explode.

Also the Genesis game had 5x larger levels that scrolled in every direction, with no in-stage loading.
>>
>>3387759
Did he make MDK as well? Because, holy shit, that game was a clusterfuck.
>>
>>3388276
>slash people with a scimitar and make them explode.

With awful hit detection and still apples are more efficient than using the sword.

>Also the Genesis game had 5x larger levels

They're just big mazes without real platforming challenge.
>>
>>3385710
Virgin. Don't forget theirs was on DOS too, so PC elitists have another reason to like it even more.
>>
>>3388289
>They're just big mazes without real platforming challenge.

Confirmed for never playing Genesis Aladdin. The platforming requires tight as fuck timing in some levels, especially the collapsing cave, or the Genie's lamp.
>>
File: Aladdin_(USA)-18.jpg (121KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin_(USA)-18.jpg
121KB, 640x480px
>>3388297

I played the game, both Genesis and PC DOS versions (the later sucks).
Virgin's game is not bad, but the platforming is not tight. On the Capcom game the bouncing mechanic adds a real acrobatic sense to the game.
The only time I felt there was any difficult on the platforming for Genesis Aladdin was the palace level, because sometimes the hit detection for landing on these floating plants was off and I'd fall in the water, but other than that it was a pretty standard western platformer/action game. Nice sprite animations, but beyond that there was nothing really that interesting.
>>
>>3385710
The one on supar neentando
>>
>>3388316
>muh acrobatics
Don't respond to him folks, it's just the Capcomfag that shits on anything not made by his idol Mikami.
>>
SNES is better but way too easy.
>>
>>3386253
Graphics looking better than the Genesis one
>>
sega blast processing wins.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.