[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to figure out the name of obscure edutainment game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1273455961838.jpg (30KB, 270x237px) Image search: [Google]
1273455961838.jpg
30KB, 270x237px
For the past fifteen-something years I've been trying to figure out the name of an obscure edutainment game. I played it in a computer lab as a kid, and though none of my classmates remember it anymore, I've searched high and low on the internet and only found a couple people who remembered it (but also didn't know which game it was).

IIRC the main game was some boring math questions or something. But after you had gotten so many questions right or something, you got to play a minigame, which was where the actual meat of the game was.

In the minigame you played as a little man navigating a Pac-Man -esque maze scattered with coins. All the while a ghost- specifically, the ghost of Blackbeard, the pirate- chased you though the maze. Though there was only one ghost, it could go through the walls of the maze.

At a certain point while collecting coins, alternate colored coins would appear for a limited time for bonus points.

The game would end either if you were caught/killed/??? by Blackbeard's ghost, or if you collected all the main coins and escaped the maze.
Upon beating the maze, a skull would flash on the screen, and a little bit of text would say "Blackbeard's ghost returned to his grave" or something like that, and put you back to answering math problems or some shit.

I recall the game being fairly old even for the time, it might have been an old DOS program, but then again I don't exactly remember what the OS was or what computer it ran on.

I hope that at least one of you know what this game is, so that I can once again send that dirty bastard Blackbeard to his grave again.
>>
C'mon, don't die on me. Bump
>>
>>3385506
Tell at least your ethnicity
>>
I remember that game!
It's called
>go fuck yourself bumping every ten mins and use one of the other two threads made for asking about games you don't remember.
>>
Try the "tip of my tongue" forum on reddit. They're helpful for stuff like this.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.