[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELLO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

HELLO
>>
>>3385148
Pffffft!
>>
hello.
>>
Alert! Alert! Birds
>>
Follow me.
>>
>>3385148
Caps locking "Hello" already ruined the thread for me.

I'm sorry if that sounds insanely autistic.

Follow me.
>>
ELECTRONIC OLD MEN
>>
>>3385690
U-
UNATCO?
>>
>>3385368
Okay
>>
File: Slig.jpg (51KB, 720x624px) Image search: [Google]
Slig.jpg
51KB, 720x624px
FREEZE
>>
Here boy
>>
HEY!
HEY!
WHAT?
DO IT!
BLUGH!
>>
>>3385692
No, Savage.
>>
>even though it was hugely successful, this was the last game of its genre

Why?
>>
>remote-controlled clouds of exploding fart gas
It's completely idiotic yet the devs actually use this mechanic to make great puzzles.

What are some other games like the Oddworld 2D platformers?
>>
>>3385958
>What are some other games like the Oddworld 2D platformers?

There's basically nothing. Everything like Oddworld was made long before it and thus isn't nearly as complex.

Another World, Flashback and Prince of Persia arebasically all there is.

Honorable mention for Blackthorn.
>>
>>3385963
also Heart of Darkness
>>
>>3385963
>>3385958
It seems there are many lesser known cinematic platformers. I don't know how good/hard they are.
>>
>>3386007
forgot link:
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989633
>>
This speedrun is crazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2fhy_eZR5k
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>3385958

Besides the ones that people have already mentioned, there's one called Exit on the PSP that has gameplay heavily inspired by Oddysee and Exoddus. The art style isn't though, and it doesn't have even a portion of the charm that the Oddworld games do, so ultimately it's not as good. The running and jumping feels a bit off too, possibly because I'm so used to Oddworld. Giving instructions to your followers is a lot simpler and more intuitive though, that's about the only thing it does better.

I really wish they'd make just one more Oddworld game in the classic style. It really deserves to be a trilogy of awesome games. They could even crowdfund it. We just need one more game that builds on the stuff they added in Exoddus. Just add some more mudokon types maybe, definitely add more creatures to possess and you're good to go.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.