[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this game actually FUN?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: Mario_SM64-3[1].jpg (610KB, 1380x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mario_SM64-3[1].jpg
610KB, 1380x768px
is this game actually FUN?
>>
Yes. Next thread please.
>>
>>3385143
No, its enduring popularity is due to it being completely unplayable and the worst game ever.
>>
>>3385147
>>3385150
/thread
>>
>>3385143
>emulator
>widescreen

>is this game actually FUN?
If you like having fake fun, I guess.
>>
>>3385159
>emulator
What is the problem?
>widescreen
What is the problem?

>He is not playing it the way I force myself to play and enjoy it!
>>
>>3385159
lmao
>>
It is, but Galaxy 1 and 2 are a thousand times better.
>>
>>3385630
This but unironically and not baiting
>>
>>3385630
>>3385715
So are the Galaxy games not considered to be good? I played the first one briefly - seemed good.
>>
>>3385794
64 hate them because they can't do their fancy tricks there
>>
>>3385802
64 fans*
>>
This game was tedious
>>
>>3385802
There can be only one game with parallel worlds.
>>
>>3385143
yes
it's a shame that most stars have bad descriptors, though
>>
>>3385802
I don't care for 64 that much and even I didn't like Galaxy because I though much of the world design was rather mediocre and they force you to do those stupid waggle motions to perform certain moves on top of that. Galaxy 2 should've stayed true to its original title of 1.5 because it literally was just 1 with new levels. Should've just stuck a "BOUNS CONTENT INCLUDES: YOSHI" on the back of the case at that point.
>>
>>3386072
I enjoyed both of those games, and it's not like the waggle controls got all that annoying.

Besides, you can play it in dolphin with the waggling mapped to a button and the pointer mapped to a mouse. It works really well.
>>
>>3385143
yes
>>
BUT FIRST
LET'S TALK
ABOUT PARALLEL
UNIVERSES
>>
>>3386078
>I enjoyed both of those games
You're free to do so, just so much as I'm free to not. In terms of 3D Mayro, I think Sunshine is my choice personally, though honestly none of the series succeeding 3 ever really captivated me that much.
>>
>>3385143
Literally anyone who says no is a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>3385964
That's kind of the point. You're meant to explore. The descriptors give you a hint, but are vague enough to not be handholding as such. You get an idea of where to look, now go there and do something.
>>
>>3385794
I don't like them. The movement mechanics are slow and shallow, and 1/4 of the game is wiimote gimmicks.

SM64 gets more fun each time you play through it, because you come to understand the movement mechanics better, which grants you more freedom. Galaxy has nowhere near that kind of replay value.
>>
>>3385143
no. boring as fuck.

walking around the castle is neat for like 5 mins and then the levels are completely boring as fuck.

croc is more fun and that isn't saying much at all.
>>
>>3386135
Right if I could figure it out when I was 8 I'm sure it's not very difficult
>>
Getting all the stars is too mucvh backtracking

and theres too much dialogue
>>
>>3385630

I dunno about 1, but 2 definitely, Galaxy 2 is literally one of the greatest games I've ever played
>>
>>3385168
Looks better with a composite output. All N64 games do.
>>
surfing on the shell in LLL is one of the greatest joys I had as a child
>>
>>3385143
Nope it sucks. Only kids that had shitty parents like n64 or Mario 64
>>
>>3386407
>take valid PSone criticism and turn it on n64 instead.

Doesn't really work since the rich parents got their kids N64s while playstation was the ghetto console of choice. That's just a fucking fact of life man, if you're going to shitpost at least have some semblance of realism in it.
>>
>>3385143
Yeah it's pretty good for a tech demo.
>>
>>3386083
Epic, just epic
>>
>>3386442
>Doesn't really work since the rich parents got their kids NEOGEO while the N64 was the ghetto console of choice. That's just a fucking fact of life man, if you're going to shitpost at least have some semblance of realism in it
Fixed for you wannabe rich fags
>>
>>3386442
the psx or the ps-one?
>>
>>3387829
Can we retire this word now please? It's not 2005, world of warcraft sucks now and the word has lost all meaning.

I'm not gonna make a "simply ebin :>" joke but jesus christ just stop.
>>
>>3386442
And what about the kids who had BOTH consoles?
>>
>>3386442
How did the playstation even do so well? Everyone I knew was playing mario kart and uploading their pokemon into stadium or doing 4 player goldeneye/smash stuff.

I imagine there were people that had playstation but they were probably playing Crash Bandicoot alone or were adults or something idk.

I know 1 kid had a dreamcast and in my mind even that was cooler than PS1.

But hey, I guess it varies depending on where you live?
>>
>>3386083
He never says that
>>
>>3386092
>Sunshine
Mah nigga. The most fully realized movement options of any 3D Mario.
>>
One of the best pick up and go games for me. It's varied enough and just long enough. I loved it enough to trade Goldeneye for it after PD came out.
>>
>>3387967

What country are you from? Over here it was practically the second incarnation of the snes. N64 is charming in retrospect but I remember having mgs1 and ocarina of time concurrently and it even it's best game felt lacking with the subtitled-only scenes and a few other spots.

Without breaking out spreadsheets and shit I'd guess there are at minimum twice as many great games for the ps1 over the n64. It's like all nintendo consoles where the best games are the dozen or so first party ninty releases.
>>
Is this the same as Super Mario 64 DS?
>>
>>3388104
Yes
>>
>>3388104
64 DS- IT'S A ME! WARIO + yoshi
>>
>>3385630
I wouldn't say 1 is better, but 2 for sure
>>
>>3385794

Sure if you like feeling disoriented
>>
>>3385143
>Gabe Newell founded Valve because of how much he loved Mario 64

No it's shit.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>3388036
London.

Also I never really liked cutscenes and stealth and stuff. I firmly believe that movies and loading times and stuff aren't game playing and I want the most game playing possible.

This is probably most of what keeps me into retro stuff. Cartridges are based as fuck.

tl;dr loading screen isnt gaem, movie scene isn't gaem, install time aren't gaem. I like gaem.
>>
>>3386072
>and even I didn't like Galaxy because I though much of the world design was rather mediocre
I agree. I also didn't like the whole layout of worlds in Galaxy. Just repeatedly blasting off to tiny green planets surrounded by the blackness of space. Jumping into paintings is just a cooler concept.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.