[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post games that are better than Mega Man III.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

ITT: We post games that are better than Mega Man III.
>>
Mega Man 2.
>>
>my favorite mega man is superior to everyone else's mega man!
>>
>>3384862
>>>/v/
>>
Mega Man 1
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 8
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
>>
6 > 2 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 4
fight me
>>
>>3384920
To be honest, it's hard to rate MM games. Except maybe for 1. It's just too random.

I think III is my fav. II is just a little bit too simplistic, and IV is just a little bit too repetitive.

>>3384862
Megaman X
>>
Rockman 3
>>
>>3384920
I don't fight the mentally handicapped.
>>
>>3384868
/thread
>>
>>3384862
>it's the MM4fag

Not that I dislike mega man 4 at all (in fact it's in my top 3), but there is this salty autist in every mega man thread who posts about 4 and how superior it is to 3 in every way when nobody even brings 3 up.
>>
ELDER GOD TIER
1 (those who hate this tend to suck at video games and life in general)
3 (those who hate this tend to be contrarians, also I have never had lag issues with this game)
4 (solid game, overall great music, boss theme sucks though)

TOP TIER
2 (contrarians hate this, same as 3)
X1

MID TIER
&Bass (only mega man game other than 1 that has even a remotely challenging difficulty, which is a good thing to have)
7 (most underrated game in the series, >muh Sprite size is not a legitimate complaint, youre just mad wily kicks your ass)

LOW TIER

HAVENT PLAYED TIER
9, 10, any X game other than the first one
>>
>>3384862
Pic not related. 4's the worst.
>>
>>3384874

Every friggin' time!
>>
>>3385048
I see people bring 3 up a lot on /v/ and it honestly feels like people just gravitate towards it because they hate 2 for being popular but also buy into the dumb internet hivemind that everything after 3 is not worth playing.
>>
>>3385290
3 was the one I had as a kid, so it's my favorite. Can't speak for anyone else.
>>
3 is the best, and I played 1 and 2 first, so fight me, faggots

also, i'm 31 so i was playing that shit when that was all there was still
>>
>>3384920
>6
>anywhere but dead last
>>
>>3385290
It's been a while but I liked 3 better than 2 because 2 felt sort of buggy. You can outright 1 hit kill robot masters iirc. I like 5 better than 4 though because it feels more polished. don't know where i'd put 6.
>>
9=4 > 1=2=MM&B > 3 > 10 > 6 > 7 > 8 >10
>>
>>3385350
Good list, almost the same as mine.
>>
>>3385350
Oh shit, meant to put 5 last.

I think 5 isn't terrible, just awfully mediocre.
>>
File: CoFzfZHUsAApXwW.jpg (134KB, 900x1490px) Image search: [Google]
CoFzfZHUsAApXwW.jpg
134KB, 900x1490px
>>3385054
>HAVENT PLAYED TIER
>any X game other than the first one
Might want to get on that, chief.
>>
>>3385379
I like 5 and place it ahead of 4, even if I didn't like it I'd still put it ahead of 7 and 8. 7 is straight up awful, not even mediocre, just bad.
>>
>>3385315
6 has multiple routes in nearly every level and all eight weapons are viable.
>>
>>3385427
6 sucks since it forces you to choose a certain path if you want to 100% it. Basically you have to choose between doing the levels where you get the rush armor first or wasting time backtracking in the levels with the BEAT parts once you get them.
>>
>>3385434
But that's every Megaman game where an optimal path exists, it's not really a flaw unique to 6. Having a reason to replay levels is actually a positive for 6 considering you couldn't replay levels in 2 and the only thing you found in levels in 3 were those Mystery Tank garbage.
>>
>>3385469
You could replay levels in 2 though.
>>
>>3385474
How? I always thought 2 and 3 were the only games in the series where you can't replay levels. Is there a secret code?
>>
>>3385476
You just select them again like normal, only difference is when you enter the robot master chambers you leave immediately and don't refight the boss.
>>
>>3385484
I could have sworn in 2 I couldn't re-select the stages. 2 and 3 I vividly remember not being able to do that. Weird.
>>
>>3385484
I just looked it up. The iOS version allows you to replay levels. Makes sense why I don't remember being able to do that as you can't in the actual NES version.
>>
>>3385491
I swear you can, let me go check.
>>
>>3385554
>>3385491
Well I'm wrong. Beat metal man and no longer allowed into his level. I could've sworn 2 allowed you to revisit levels, I know 1 did. My mistake, truly sorry about that.
>>
>>3385574
Hey man, happens to the best of us. No need to apologize.
>>
Charge shot has no business in the classic series.
>>
>>3385601
Oh look, it's this awful opinion again.
>>
Megaman 8 was my favorite and I think the X series is shit, not even trying to bait
>>
>>3385620
While I agree about your opinion on the X series (the first game is a fun aside but that's about it), I disagree about 8. It's just too easy, even by mega man standards. Mega Man & Bass is what 8 could've been IMO.
>>
I only really like 4 and 6
>>
File: 1457723981244.jpg (229KB, 521x631px) Image search: [Google]
1457723981244.jpg
229KB, 521x631px
>>3385620
The X series is shit aside from X1. X2 is maybe mediocre at best, haven't played it in awhile. Classic wasn't perfect nearly every X game feels like a clusterfuck of potentially good ideas exected poorly .
>>
>>3385620
X3 is really good imo. A little bit different though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.