[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Boy - pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: pokemons classic.png (210KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
pokemons classic.png
210KB, 300x259px
Does anyone know how much each of these games is worth?
On ebay and amazon every price listing is on the skies, is it really worth 500 dollars for a factory sealed pokemon red?

I want to be a game boy collector, but if it is as expensive as I think it will then i'm out
>>
Yes. Pokemon Go raised demand way, way up. Pokemon Red is going $50 loose.
>>
>>3383038
do you think maybe after some months the prices might go down?
>>
>>3383035
No.

Pokemon is insanely overpriced.

The games shouldn't be over 10-20 bucks.

People asking 25, 30, or more are insane.

They are not uncommon. They're really common, except maybe Yellow and Crystal which are more rare.
>>
Yes but you need to call them:
POKEMON RED RARE SEALED MINT CONDITION and then sell them for $500 a piece.
>>
>>3383040
That's what I would realistically expect, but I have a bad feeling they won't. Now that people have paid these higher prices due to the Go hype, more people are gonna start buying up these games cheap at garage sales and asking even higher prices.
>>
>>3383035
>i want to be a gameboy collector

Gameboy games are actually for the most part pretty shit.

A lot of them are watered down NES or SNES games. Really terrible graphics and aspect ratio's, usually resulting in really shitty playing experience.

There are some standouts, but for the most part, it's a pretty shitty system for playing games. Back then you conceded some quality for the novelty of taking things on the go with you, but in this modern age of phones, GBA, DS, 3DS, PSP and Vita that have better and more robust experiences you don't really have any reason to go for classic gameboy.
>>
>>3383043
>>3383047
I get that factory sealed ones should be much more expensive, but 500 dollars? Back in the day we used to pay how much, 30, 40 bucks?

And the just cartridge announces on ebay that range from 30 to 50 dollars? it's fucking wrong
>>
>>3383070

Why would you want a factory sealed game unless you're a faggot shelf collector, in which case you shouldn't give a shit about prices anyways.

If you want a case, go the route of custom game cases.com and get some plastic clamshell cases.

I already fucking told you. Pokemon is a fucking phenomenon.

I was going to sell you a copy of Pokemon Red or Yellow, and Silver or Gold since I only really need one of them, but you sound like a colossal faggot.
>>
>>3383038
>lol yeah right sure
>check ebay

holy mother fucking shit he's right
>>
>>3383076
sell it to me then I live in brazil
please i have no pokemon go
>>
>>3383085
lol fuck Brazil. You guys are going to ruin this years olympics
>>
>>3383076
i'm not the kind of guy who buys sealed games and intend to keep it that way, but the feeling of opening a 1998 game in 2016 must be so nostalgic i'd allow myself to pay a little more for that, but nowhere near fucking 500$
i needed one to play and make my collection
and if it is factory sealed better
but forget paying over 80$ for one
>>
>>3383035
I have a complete copy of Pokemon Green in the box with all manuals and such. Not sealed, but complete. Any idea how much I could get?
>>
File: smoking.gif (847KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
smoking.gif
847KB, 500x720px
>>3383062
yeah I agree but my console is the advanced sp one, so a little better, plus it's part of my childhood, so there is this extra feeling. it's not about money or having a hobby
>>
>>3383070
Honestly why are you trying to get a factory sealed one? Factory sealed retro is almost always batshit crazy expensive, and there's literally no reason to buy them because you'll immediately devalue it when you open it to play the game.

If you just want a pretty box to stick on your shelf do what >>3383076 suggested and make your own. People who collect factory sealed video games on ebay are the laughing stock of the hobby.
>>
>>3383087
please senpai, it's not my fault
let's keep it interesting
i can send you an havaianas flip flops, they are really expensive in the us(i've been there, so i'm not a total monkey)
>>
>>3383038
I have red, blue, gold and silver loose

So you are saying I can theoretically get $200 dollars for them? I also got ruby and sapphire.

I honestly can't part with these games for that much. I would need to be able to get a fortune to be able to part with them.
>>
>>3383038
>loose cartridge
>$150 AU
Well fuck.
>>
>>3383105
>People who collect factory sealed video games on ebay are the laughing stock of the hobby.
Why?
>>
>>3383372

They don't play the games.

They talk about the game like they know what they're talking about but they have no idea. They are speculators, they are the guys who use services like VGA to get games graded.

They're idiots. They would've been collecting comics or baseball cards but they found out that games are trendy.

They're mostly just huge faggots though.
>>
>>3383038
>Red and Fire Red both going for roughly 48-50 USD
Holy fuck are you telling me I can have $100 on my hands that easy
>>
>>3383398
What if you buy sealed retro games on eBay, open them and play them in the most thorough and extensive way?
>>
>>3383035
>>3383038

I have a bunch of loose Japanese pokemon game boy carts both color and regular. Are they worth anything?
>>
>>3383070
back in the day you could just go to the store and get one

things are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them
>>
>>3383038
This is false. PokemonGo really didn't do anything for their value.

Ive been searching for a red version ever since my dog chewed up my launch day copy a few months ago.

Prices have been high and mighty for a long time $30+ as time goes on those prices only increase. I still have blue version but red was my first and I miss it!
>>
>>3383487
is pricecharting not an accurate source anymore?
>>
>>3383035
Order it from the UK branch of ebay, it's much cheaper.
>>
>>3384005
the uk sellers don't really ship outside the uk

do you know anything like shipito that works for an uk version?
>>
Aren't Gen 1 games in the top 5 most common GB games? Shouldn't most people already have them to begin with? Seems silly that people would pay more than maybe $10 for a loose cart.
>>
>>3385023

Since I actually bothered to go ahead and check, there are literally several million copies of each, even if you account for ones that are destroyed.
>>
does anyone here want to sell these to me?
but i won't pay what ebayers do no fucking way
>>
>>3385213
why would someone sell them to you when they can sell them for more on ebay
>>
>>3385229
because i visit /vr/
>>
>>3383035
>1996: I want to be a pokemon trainer
>2016: I want to be a game boy collector
Fuck you
>>
>>3385213
fuck off you faggoty br
>>
>>3385238
The only reason someone here would sell them to you cheaper is if your promised to leave /vr/ and never come back!
>>
I took my ex girlfriends pokemon games before we broke up she aint getting them back. lol
>>
>>3385238
anyone can come here, it's not exactly a secret either

I give people I actually know deals (though I much prefer to trade)

Some random person asking for a deal on the internet means less to me than an ebay buyer.
>>
>>3385023

I have loose yellow and gold. Lost red, blue, and silver years ago in a move

Pokémon gen 1 and 2 were some of the most common used games. There would literally be a hundred copies of the gen 1 and 2 in funcoland.

You couldn't give that shit away back then

Just think that if you went back in time and bought all of them, you could easily make 100k right now by being a scumbag seller
>>
>>3385856
you're not a scumbag for asking for market value
>>
>>3383447
then you're just stupid. a game is a game. buy a loose game and get a repro piece of useless cardboard. all retro gamers are faggots though, that goes without saying.
>>
>>3385886
Nah man I get the appeal. It's only stupid for most people, if you're actually rich dropping $500 on a whim isn't a huge deal. You can easily run a bill that high taking someone to a high end restaurant + bar tab
>>
Now would be good time to buy fakes from Ali express. Though I'm only finding GBA ones.
>>
>>3383035
got red for 10$

got blue + gameboy advance + ga,eboy advance light for 30$

got yellow + gameboy advance SP + super mario world for 25$

I think you should manage
>>
File: DSCN0613.jpg (774KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0613.jpg
774KB, 2272x1704px
tfw have a yellow in the box. and a pikachu n64 w/ hey you and stadium/transfer pak

just ordered a new battery, cheap repro n64 stick and a yellow and blue pokemon shell for one of my spare gameboys. gonna burn some mid 30's poke'nerd with my RARE GAMEZ and get something worth playing.
>>
>>3383398
bruh, you ever heard of having more than one copy? dumbass... there's a lot of summer up in this shit. Don't worry children, your balls will (maybe) drop one day.
>>
>>3383447
then you are a fucking moron

>>3385886
>spoken like a true 8 year old
>>
Pokemon Yellow is rare now? Fuck. I just sold the extra copy I had (faded label, but still good) a few months ago for $30. And I had it up for a few weeks before anyone bought it.
>>
>>3386065
>i have Hey you Pikachu
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>3383038
Really? God dammit. I've been meaning to pick up a copy of Crystal for a while now. I guess I should have been quicker.
>>
>>3386094
>rare
Hell no. It's just in demand.
>>
File: CaT0HSFW0AMUW86.jpg large.jpg (200KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
CaT0HSFW0AMUW86.jpg large.jpg
200KB, 1024x765px
how much would i get for my complete boxed collection?
>>
>>3387254
I wish my shiny charizard pokemon card was worth more than $5.
>>
>>3383035
Doesn't the battery thing in the 2nd gen games corrupt the game after a long while? I've think there's been a few posts about it here before.

Like the watch battery to keep track of the time in the gen 2 games.
>>
>>3383062
I understand that most original Gameboy games are shit and too short. However, the ones that stand out to me are Link's Awakening, Donkey Kong '94 and 6 Golden Coins. Those are brilliant and probably the only reason to own an original Gameboy.
>>
>>3387254
A lot probably. I would sell it now. I think usually its best to split things like these up and sell them game by game, but right now you could probably get a nice premium for selling them as a set, rather than giving a slight discount.
>>
Why don't you guys just buy it on 3DS?
>>
>>3387645
why not get an emu and play for free with a bigger screen?
>>
>>3386106
eh it came with the console I bought for
$30 years ago.
>>3387254
a fair amount I just sold a boxed soul silver with the pokewalker for a cool hundred bucks
>>
>>3383484
No, they're still worthless because nobody can read moonrunes.
>>
>>3387645
Censored, darker image quality, no Stadium 1/2 or GSC support. No GameShark or Super GameBoy. Tons of reasons
>>
>>3386158
No it seems Gen 2 hasn't increased much, it mostly just seems to have affected Gen 1 prices for some reason. (never played Pokemon Go but I assume it's all Gen 1 Pokemon based on the prices?)
>>
>>3387254
You could easily get a grand or more for all that
>>
>>3388719

What could have been censored from the original game?
>>
>>3387254
If they were english, quite a bit. But because it's german, bout tree fiddy.
>>
>>3383487
this is entirely untrue, look at pricecharts. it's like a drastic spike, literally doubled after it released.
>>
>>3385886
desu if you grew up with the game and it's not crazy expensive it's not too bad. I'd like to open a new copy of a game i grew up with really.

>>3386094
it's just because of pokemon go.

>>3387254
>yurop
unfortunately not a lot, not joking.

>>3387645
authenticity?

personally kind of bummed because i can't afford a copy of crystal now, but also elated that i can sell my copies of yellow and sapphire for a nice chunk of cash.
>>
File: 1456834735312.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1456834735312.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>mfw I have R, B, Y, 3 copies of Silver, Gold, and Crystal
>All I gotta do is swap some $2 dollar batteries into G/S/C and make $250+
>>
>>3387556
the save files corrupt when the batteries run out in the gen 1 and 2 games.
Afterwards you can never have a save file until the cartridge battery is replaced.
It's really easy to replace yourself though and costs like <$3
>>
>>3383096
about three fiddy
>>
File: 1468023001799.jpg (17KB, 344x336px) Image search: [Google]
1468023001799.jpg
17KB, 344x336px
>>3386094
about as rare as earthbound
>>
>>3385023
They sold during the huge pokemon craze in America so yeah they're extremely common in the USA. They only sell for so high because of reseller scum and dumb hipster nostalgiafags.
>>
>>3383038
Im only missing Red and I was trying to clear them all on Pokemon Stadium but Go but a wrench in that plan
>>
File: Screenshot_20160726-225115.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160726-225115.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>3390043
Oh well st least I still have GSC
>>
>>3383096
No where near as much as the english ones go for.
>>
>>3383035
Collecting GB is a pain in the ass.
All big franchises are expensive (Harvest Moon, Megaman, Metroid, Pokemon and so on)
All the "hidden gems" are also expensive. I've been trying to find a copy of Survival Kids for a decent price for a while now. Will probably end up buying a flashcart or something.

Another problem is also location. If you are in the US, it's way cheaper. Even if you only buy from ebay. Anywhere outside the shipping will often cost more than the games themselves.

So as long as you're ok with buying japanese versions of the games, you're allright.
>>
>>3390095
USA should really do something with their shipping costs. Sometimes it's not even funny.
>>
>>3390104
Shipping is on the rise but I don't know why
>>
>>3389690
Jynx's skin is changed from black to purple in Yellow.

Interesting, this means Jynx has more colors than any other sprite in the game.

Also move animations have been altered.
>>
>>3383035
Just check this OP

https://www.pricecharting.com/
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.