[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>three people had 3 months to produce 52 distinct games How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: action-52-cartridge[1].jpg (100KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
action-52-cartridge[1].jpg
100KB, 470x470px
>three people had 3 months to produce 52 distinct games

How did this even make sense in the person's head who conceived this project?
>>
Well, they made about 3 games, then changed the Sprites on most of them so there were 51 variations. Oh, and then they added Cheetamen.
>>
>>3382131
Obviously, the plan was to dupe gullible parents into buying low-effort garbage (especially with its $200 price tag).
>>
They were looking to maximize profit. They didn't even pay for a license to officially publish the pile of shit.
>>
Well at least there was the cheetahmen theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZlYGN5W2Yg
>>
>>3382172
This theme is truly a piece of artistic mastery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jA7nRwQp_E
>>
>>3382350
Orchestra was playing...

...and now the orchestra.
>>
>>3382350
No fucking way. That's really damn good. Amazing how something so fucking great came from a piece of shit like Action 52.
>>
>>3382392
They're not actually playing it. Just a somewhat cleverly edited video. Still a nice sounding version of the song though.
>>
/vr/ hates Youtube but here's an informative mostly non-obnoxious video about the history of Action 52 if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLpEn0wmMrk
>>
>>3382131
>How did this even make sense in the person's head who conceived this project?
Don't look at videogames as a work of art or something that gets developed like a book or movie. Just look at it as a product.

X guy can make 1 product in Y amount of time. Most people are selling 1 product per package. If we put out a package that has 52 products in it, it will sell like crazy! We're gonna be rich!

And that's how many crappy games were made and are still made today.
>>
>>3382131
PLEASE FUND ACTION 53 CHEETAMAN 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q7XAi7Ojro
>>
>>3382131
>a guy made millions by paying 3 kids to make some shit games
>hurr durr how did this even make sense...
Exactly how many times did your mom drop you on your head?
>>
>>3382172
Isn't any song from action 52 that is even remotely decent just a demo song from a synthesizer?
>>
>>3382665
That's also how books and movies are made
>>
>>3382151
Cheetamen being the best game of the bunch
>>
>>3384105

replkace made with lost and you are right.
>>
>>3382350
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC0HkJLc5dw
>>
>>3382172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw0laAURCiY
>>
>>3382172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iROzVcg3Elo
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
I almost made an animation of this but unfortunately I had more important things to do, and never got around to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlFholEMolo
>>
>>3382151
>>3384179
I'm a Time Warp Tickers kinda guy.
>>
File: file.png (144KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
144KB, 400x400px
>>3382131
>in the person's head

All they saw were dollar signs.
>>
>>3384105
>implying Action 52 was successful
>>
>>3384240
>lost
Was it? Did they check in the sofa? That money has got to be around here somewhere.

>>3384612
Didn't imply that sport. Just stated a fact. Someone made a lot of money out of it.
>>
>>3384108

>Several of the songs from the NES version of Action 52 were plagiarized from example tunes included in Activision's The Music Studio for the Atari ST (the platform on which the game was developed). Those songs were composed by Ed Bogas.

>Additionally, programmer Kevin Horton analyzed the music code of Action 52 and found that it matched a music engine programmed by Sculptured Software, featured in all of their NES games.

>The code for Action 52 appears to be heavily based upon the pirate multicart 52 in 1. This is evident due to the menu template in the Action 52 prototype being identical to that of 52 in 1.
>>
>>3382131
They had a marketing idea without the technical aptitude to pull it off. They went ahead anyway.
>>
I wanna 52 different indie devs take all the assets of the action 52 games and turn them into decent games.
>>
>>3384942
You sound like a total douchebag
>>
>>3384309
the comic book that came with it was kind of hype
>>
>>3384942
>Someone made a lot of money out of it
But that's wrong. It sold a few units at first but nowhere near the numbers they had dreamed of. It's why cheetahmen 2 carts sat in a warehouse for years and never made it to market.
>>
>>3382131
They made money off of it, didn't they? I don't see your point, it was never supposed to be good.
>>
>>3382131
Atari VCS mindset.

3 months to make 16 games, no problem back then.
>>
The genesis version is better.
>>
>>3388365
Thats a given when there are snes and gen versions of a game (not including gen ports of snes games, cause ports are always worse). Gen version is always better.
>>
>>3388384
There's no SNES version here though, faglord.
>>
>>3388384
Zombies are my neighbors, alien 3 and tmnt tournament fighters all prove you wrong
>>
>>3387313
Thanks. Coming from a faggot like you that's a compliment.

>>3387682
No, that's right. You just can't into business. You're looking at this from the point of view of a child who's grandma gave him a shitty game for xmas and didn't like it. I'm looking at from the point of a businessman who made millions and doesn't give a fuck that you and everyone else didn't like it.
You can jabber all you want but it's a simple fact that the guy who came up with this shit idea made millions of dollars out of it. Maybe someday you'll be capable of understanding this.
>>
>>3392313
Are you trolling or just stupid?
>>
>>3387682
It's not really about sales, he raised 20 million from investors to develop the game.
>>
File: crash bandicoot explains bait.png (124KB, 304x442px) Image search: [Google]
crash bandicoot explains bait.png
124KB, 304x442px
>>3392318
>>
>>3384429

Time?
>>
>>3392318
Neither. Just an intelligent informed adult. I don't need to ask in your case.

>>3392328
And paid 3 kids 3 months to do it and didn't produce a lot. Pretty easy to do the math and work out he made a mint. And then he did it again and again. That 20M was just for the NES version.
Kid we're replying to obviously never saw The Producers
>>
>>3392328
That makes quite a bit more sense. Thanks for clarifying, anon. I suppose that sort of explains why the guy who conceived the whole idea has pretty much gone totally ghost, as well.
>>
>>3387303
this exact idea was conceived a few years ago, and a couple good remakes came from it (namely streemerz), but unfortunately the project was never finished
>>
>>3382131
If China can do it so can they, except they forgot China did it by just stealing the games.
>>
>>3388365
It wasn't nearly as broken, but it is less entertaining as a result.
>>
>>3394012
>they forgot
No they didn't. But hey, at least you can tell your mom you got a post on 4chan.
>>
>>3394004

Well, they made an Action 53 but that's more of a compiled list of homebrew games in one cart and to make them functional, they only put 20 games on it at a time.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.