[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

favorite retro game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

what is your favorite retro game? pic related
>>
What's your favorite, most generic /vr/ thread topic? Mine is "What's your favorite retro console?"
>>
Galaga
>>
>>3381952
well excuse me for needing data to find out what kind of game people liked the most in what era
>>
Just google top 10 lists. You'll see all the usual suspects of Mario 64, Zelda, BK, and Goldeneye I guarantee you.
>>
>>3381950
You have bad taste.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (8KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
8KB, 259x195px
Fun fact: Banjo Kazooie was considered the rival to Ocarina of Time by Miyamoto. He wasn't sure if they could actually beat it IIRC.

OoT is my favorite game of all time, mechanically/schematically/musically/gameplay-wise, etc; but I'm glad I got Banjo with my N64 instead of it. It's a more kid-friendly game, and OoT doesn't have the depth of mystery it did. I still remember the first time I ever beat Banjo-Kazooie. I don't remember the first time I beat Ocarina of Time.

>>3381952
What's your favorite rhetorical /vr/ troll? Mine is "Why don't I alter and repeat what OP just said to look smart?"
>>
>>3382001
I'm not him, but you could at least throw two or three words to explain why the game is your favorite. A pic alone will convince no one.
>>
>>3381950
I just beat this shit for the first time on the rare replay. I beat gruntilda board game and it ended after she ran up the stairs. Did I do something wrong? I know that's not how it ends.
>>
>>3385256
Go back to the castle and follow grunty up the stairs!!
>>
>>3385256
I believe true ending is only when you get every jiggy.
>>
>>3382209
>Fun fact: Banjo Kazooie was considered the rival to Ocarina of Time by Miyamoto. He wasn't sure if they could actually beat it IIRC.
source?
>>
>>3385309
You need 96 jiggies to fight grunty
>>
>>3385310
It's even funnier than I remember. Glad you made me find it.

>FM: Banjo & Kazooie the game is slated for a June release in the US but will not be released until the fall in Japan.

SM: This is one of the reasons Zelda got delayed. This game is so great and we have to compete.

>FM: Could you explain in concrete terms what makes the game great?

SM: I try not to see the game.(laughs) If I see it, I may be affected by it. Graphically and technically it achieves high levels. It played fine last fall, but wasn't released. (laugh) They've developed it more. If you want to enjoy a 3D action title, this may be the best choice. If we have the momentum (in Japan), this will be dominant in the market.

>FM: Can we write that you were "affected" by this one?

SM: Sure, you can. We and Rare are rivals. I'm not sure this character design will be accepted (by the Japanese audience), but this is fun.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100221005813/http://www.miyamotoshrine.com/theman/interviews/170498.shtml
>>
>>3385307
>>3385309
Thank you!
>>
File: 51J3fxw7coL.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
51J3fxw7coL.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
>>
Honestly, Mega Man X. No reason, I really liked it when it was new but it's not nostalgia. It's got some flaws, it's not as challenging as the original series, and game play doesn't change after a few playthroughs. But I beat it at least twice a year. Between 1997 and 2004 I beat it at minimum once every 2 weeks. And then for the next several years probably twice every 3 months. I don't do any special challenges, I have managed to make it through without taking damage once last year, I don't remember the last time I died during a playthrough. I normally 100% it in about 50 minutes, but I don't try to speed run it.

I think it's just a simple game, you're always moving, and it has cool music and artwork. It hasn't frustrated me since I finally decided to buy my own in 96. It's just super relaxing and engaging for me.

The crazy thing, if I made a list of the 50 best video games I ever played, it probably wouldn't be on the list, it would probably be one of the first 4 if any of them were to make it on, but they probably wouldn't.

My other favorites would probably be Final Fantasy 6, Shenmue, Castlevania, Punch Out. I beat all those about once a year.
>>
Has to be Starcraft Brood War

Still play against the AI every now and then.
>>
>>3382125
>>3382186
kys
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.