/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I recently started up Dungeon Master 2 again, because it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: skull_004.png (21KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
skull_004.png
21KB, 320x200px
So, I recently started up Dungeon Master 2 again, because it's one of the best games out there to satisfy my hoarding urges.

And I'm just wondering, because I never got a straight answer to this, how exactly does leveling up work in those? I mean, I know you get XP for doing stuff, and the amount will vary depending on the area you're in and whether or not you've been hit recently, so fighting stuff in the beginning areas yields less than up in the Void, but if you look at the character info, there's a number of "smaller skills" within the larger.

So for instance, you'll be listed as an Expert Fighter or whatever, but Fighter has a number of sub-skills like swing, parry, thrust, etc. To go from Expert to Master, do you need to riase all those sub-skills, or just have the average be at some point? Should I be switching my weapon loadout up, or just sticking with Voraxes?
>>
read the manual. If that isn't sufficient, play it and take notes
>>
>>3381991

I have read the manual, and the clue books; neither mention.

And it's hard to take notes when it can take hours of grinding in a real time environment to up a level.

>Dear Diary, today I used swing 3056 times before gaining a level. Now I'll re-load and try it again, using thrust.
>>
>>3382003
>neither mention
then you're not supposed to know at that point. So play, take notes

>it can take hours
Do you want to play the game or not? Playing a game takes time. If you don't want to spend that time, play something different.

The greentext was minmaxing bullshit, so I'll leave it at that
>>
>>3382009

Do you have a reading problem, or a thinking problem? Have you ever actually played DM2?

>Time taken.

Yes, it can take time. I don't mind doing the grind. I do mind making it take exponentially longer, as well as considerably harder, as I document each action I do (because literally every attack gives you a little bit of XP) trying to write down notes while fending off attacks because did I mention that this game is done in real time?

>minmaxing bullshit.

Trying to actually gain levels is minmaxing bullshit? Good to know.
>>
>>3382025
>Trying to actually gain levels is minmaxing bullshit?
yes, it is. Kind of sad you needed that clarified
>>
>>3382027
Ur a fegit
>>
this thread sums up why /vr/ is shit
>>
Ask here, they know everything:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/
>>
>>3382704

Thx. Did so.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.