[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General "Help me remember the name ofthis game" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: 1451332352957.png (49KB, 172x159px) Image search: [Google]
1451332352957.png
49KB, 172x159px
Hey /vr/, I need your help finding the name of two games, one of them easy and the other really hard (because I don't remember that well because I was really young and only played it a couple of times.

First off is a PS1 game that was multiplayer (up to 4 I think), and it was some sort of ninjas(?) fighting, had very small sprites and the screen/place where the battle occurred turned clockwise or counterclockwise (it all happened in a single screen) for some reason. I played it a few times with my brother, and we didn't have the full game it was just on demo disc.

Second is a lot harder to remember. All I remember was that in was in an arcade, back in the late 90's (sometime around 96-98) , and it had a top-down camera. What I do remember is that it was sort of a dungeon crawler for 2 players who had to fight beasts I think. Definitely had a medieval/dungeons and dragons theme going. Very colorful and had sharp 32-bit ish graphics.

Again, I only played this in an actual arcade. I didn't speak a word of english, which I assume the game was written in, so I don't remember anything. I know this is all really vague, but that's all I got.
>>
I remember a game I played a long time ago, a famicom game. The only thing I remember is that you play with a robot character that you can swith in a ground/airplane mode> It was a platformer and you were always moving. I'd LOVE to play that again.
>>
>>3380995
metal warriors? just a wild guess
>>
>>3381007
No, it's a nes/famicom game.
>>
also looking for a game that came pre-installed on my family's first pc.

We had an hp, with windows xp installed. The installed games were by a company called wild tangent. There was a racing game, but my favorite was a war game with tanks and helicopters. It was sort of an RTS with what at the time I thought were good graphics. pls help
>>
>>3381012
Have you ran across Thexder or Xardion in your searches?

I think Thexder matches your description.
>>
>>3381016
Virtual Warfare.
>>
File: 1463713841286.jpg (43KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463713841286.jpg
43KB, 250x360px
>>3380986
First one is Blast Chamber. Don't know about the second, we need a true Wizard/Sage anon to help us find that one.
>>
>>3381024
No, it's not... I played a lot of games searching for this one, and I'm begginig to think it was a romhack or something.
>>
File: 1463720799786.png (298KB, 481x340px) Image search: [Google]
1463720799786.png
298KB, 481x340px
>>3381041
Shiiiieeet. I thought I had it. How long have you been searching? Also what region/ country did you play it in? It's possible it was a Japan only release or some shit like that.
>>
>>3380995

Mobile Suit Z Gundam: Hot Scramble?
>>
File: bird.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bird.png
9KB, 400x400px
A sidescrolling platformer with a Yoshi's Island- / Kirby's Dreamland 3-esque art style that I'm pretty sure was on SNES though it could have been GBA. The player character was a simple bird that looked like pic related, and I'm almost certain he was the mascot of some Japanese TV station or something.
>>
>>3381189

The NewZealand Story/Kiwi Kraze?
or
Koro Koro Puzzle Happy Panechu!?
>>
>>3381189
New Zealand Story?
>>
>>3381228
>>3381209
Nope.
>>
>>3380986
Blast Chamber (which is awesome by the way)

Not Gauntlet but maybe D&D: Tower of Doom or D&D: Shadow over Mystara?
>>
A old MS-DOS (or possibly Apple II) text based game with black & white pixel graphics where you had to choose a career. You could be a farmer but you could also starve to death. It had a realistic setting and seemed rather dark to me as a child. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
A platformer simmilar to Contra or Turrican. You are a guy in a white military suit, with helmet simmilar to domguy's helmet. You shoot various enemies with all kinds of fancy futuristic rifles. The last boss is a giant fly. There were only around 5 or 10 levels max.
>>
File: 1353729123002.jpg (272KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
1353729123002.jpg
272KB, 1024x765px
>>3381870
>Not Gauntlet but maybe D&D: Tower of Doom or D&D: Shadow over Mystara?
OP here, I'm beginning to think it might be one of these two. Both the graphics and the release date matches my description.
Then only thing that doesn't match up is the camera angle, but I maybe just not remember.
I don't think top-down camera angle was very common in arcade with the exception of schmups.
>>
There was this PS1 game I remember a friend had where the only things I remember about it were that it was rated teen by the ESRB and I think it had a cutscene where someone ate cat shit
>>
>>3380986
Your second game could be Dark Seal (1 or 2) or Dungeon Magic.
>>
An arcade racing game.
You are a part of the local police force and you have to catch criminals in the form of other drivers. I think it took place in Tokyo. You had to chase the other cars and try to bump them off the road. One enemy always stuck with me. He was called 'Red Angel' and it was a guy who drove an ambulance.

please help me regain a part of my childhood
>>
I'm trying to remember this very early 3D game where you played as a silver ball thing and went across bizarre maps that had lot of moving platforms that you had to use to launch yourself into air, gain speed, etc.
there were power ups that added a glow to you of various colours and then gave abilities depending on the colour, like green being a mega break that allowed you to slow immidiatly to crawl if you needed to.
It was very speedy puzzle game

and I have no idea what it was called
>>
Hi guys,

I can't remember name of this game - it was point and click adventure. Main hero was a little boy whose parents gone missing, I think. I remember some kind of "maze". And that's it.

I remember there was a video at the beginning of game. In that video was a family around a fireplace and then there was a cat which turned into some kind of sorceress and something bad happened (I think that sorceress kidnapped his family).

I don't remember very much, really. I have weird feeling that name was similar to "Sinbad", but I'm not sure.

Does it ring a bell?

I would be very thankful for anybody.
>>
>>3383807
Early 3D? What's the time frame?

Marble Madness? Marble Blast?
>>
>>3383775
A.P.B or Chase H.Q are the closest I could find in arcade. Motor City Patrol on NES has a similar theme.
>>
>>3383727
Wow, it might actually be Dark Seal, fits my description perfectly and the camera is just like I remember.

Thank you so much, based anon.
>>
>>3383775
>you're a cop
>you're in Tokyo

I don't suppose it could be Tokyo Cop?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HrIKLk78JU

Can't find if that "Red Angel" character is in there, though.
>>
>>3383775
>please help me regain a part of my childhood

You don't want to regain your childhood, you must sever it completely.
>>
>demo on Windows 95
>play as a guy wearing like, a tight yellow suit
>beat up cavemen in the first level
>beat up cowboys in the second level
>get different weapons based on the level theme
>cavemen level had a sabertooth tiger and a bear
>>
i once played a vertical scrolling shooter on snes when i was like 4
all i remember is that you fly over a grassy/jungle area and i believe there were spinning triangular ships of some kind
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
This was a game I once played a on (I think) SNES.
It was an rpg or maybe zelda style adventure, japanese anyway, and you walked on a mountainous road from left to right. There could've been occasional wooden bridges to cross. The sky was blue and might've had white clouds or maybe mist. Anyway at one point a monster appeared from one sode of the screen and attacked, however it was possible to escape the monster. I stopped playing there because I got so scared
>>
>>3384849
>Chase H.Q
Thats the one!
Thanks you very much. The name of the game was right under my nose...

Too bad I cant find any non-cam footage of the game. You'd think all these games would have been emulated by now
>>
>>3384656
Torin's Passage
>>
2d sidescroller for ps1
You played as a guy with red hair
>>
>>3380995
Volguard 1 or 2?
>>
>>3381960
do you remember the system it was on?
>>
>>3384915
Strike Gunner?
>>
>>3386012
hermie hopperhead?
going to need more info than that
>>
>>3385859
I actually meant Tokyo cop...
>>
ok... let's go.

i dont remember exactly the year or any other specifications. it was a PS1 game where you play with a little boy who, i guess, had his parents kidnapped to another dimension and the house is full of monsters. i never get through the first level that starts on the second floor of the house. The floor is pink, a lot of monsters, and a "twirl" in the middle of the room, nears the stairs. it's a blank description, i know, but if it rings anyone bell i'd be so thankful!!!
>>
>>3386060
PC, Win, around 2001.
>>
>>3384663
More of like quake1 styled, I cannot really remember the time frame, but it was computer game for sure, so I'd estimate like the late 90's to very early 2000's, I really can't say for sure cause my memory of it is hazy.

Marble blast looks kinda like the style in terms of being 3D, but the graphics in the game were more.. rough, like n64 rough in a way.
The game's style was also very bizarre with the levels, they changed a lot between like that 90's styled "computer ultra modern" like, with bright changing outright utopia like weirdness, its hard to give an exsample, but I guess if you've played audiosurf, that games level generation would be slightly similiar to the style I am trying to explain here.

Tho some maps also changed the style outright as they were odd caverns, castles and stuff like that too, but those were more.. darker looking and not so comically bright.

The big thing in the game was the moving 3D platforms that kept on going with their patterns as being blockages,or trying to throw you out of the map for game over or to provide boost for you to advance the map by catapulting you or offering a ramp.

the colour powerups also made very comical exaggerated sounds to tell the player what they did like the green having screechy break sound, some others having like "boing boing" to tell you can jump higher or a formula car sound to tell you that you get more acceleration.

I really, really wish I could find this game again cause it was insane amount of fun.
>>
>>3381016
I remember those games. Remember the Asteroids clone? It had some great sound effects.
>>
There was a PC FPS adventure game I downloaded back in 2002. It was either freeware or a demo, I think I may have downloaded it from AOL. It looked like quake 3 graphically. The "overworld" was outside a castle, and you'd walk inside to start the level, which would transport you to a room in the castle. I don't remember much other than the title was "Halloween" or something similar. There was a super jump potion that looked like a jack o lantern. Anyone know what this was and where I can find it?
>>
>>3384904
I know this game and it was on ps1 too. The guy goes from past to future doing those things.
>>
Vague memories
>n64 game
>game starts on a dark (yellowish filter) dungeon
>your character is on a jail
>you search among skeletons to find the key.
>there is chicken served on a plate
>you eat it (i think) and get a bone
I think it was a first person rpg
>>
>>3388074
Duke Nukem: Time to Kill?
>>
>>3388084
No. I know it has nothing to do with douk ... i think it has fixed perspectives a la resident evil. Where each room the camera is fixed. Just outdoors
>>
>>3388082
Shadowgate 64
>>
File: time-commando-usa.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
time-commando-usa.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>3384904
>>3388074
Time comando?
>>
>>3388087
>>3388097
I love u anon
>>
3rd person action game for the N64, your health icon was a human heart and you could play as a guy or girl, one of them had a crossbow and the setting was old and either medieval or victorian.
>>
>>3388162
Nightmare creatures
>>
My childhood PC had a demo for a performer. You appeared to be either a robot or a cyborg. Pretty sure your guy was blue and red. All of your enemies were robots.

I can't remember much about the game. You usually took a ladder to advance to the next area of the level. I vaguely remember these springboards you could jump on. I think you shot lasers.

Sorry I can't remember much. Any help is appreciated. I would love to play a full version of the game.
>>
>>3388190
I should add this was early 90s.
>>
>>3388287
The N64 came out in 1996.
>>
>>3388610
While that may be a factual statement, I am afraid that piece of information is of no help to me and my current predicament.
>>
>>3388682
>>3388682
Never mind. That was my mistake. I quoted the wrong post.

>>3388287
This post is a continuation of >>3388279

I really should learn how to use 4chan before I post.
>>
>>3388190
Thank you! Was trying to find this forever
>>
Older looking PC MMO, simple name, but I can''t for the life of me remember it. I swear it was loosely based on an established property, or used a well-known engine.

Starting area was a room with a bunch of portals, and woodcutting was a skill. Playerbase is fucking dead.
>>
>>3381189
are you sure it wasn't pyoro
>>
>>3388682
nothing that hassint been dealt with in japanese terms//////
>>
>>3389118
runescape
>>
>>3384924
pls ;_;
>>
>>3388279
Microman?
>>
>>3388139
YES thank you.
>>
May as well try this again

I'm looking for a really strange arcade title, you played as like a little chibi styled tiger/wolf thing with a bandanna and a sword strapped to your back

the gameplay was done in an overhead style like Zelda, and the rooms were segmented like the original legend of zelda, gameplay mainly consisted of you beating the shit out of everything with your sword but some rooms had minigames, one that really stuck with me was a space invaders clone where you hit cannons with your sword to shoot octopi.

I swear to god I'm gonna play this game again one day
>>
I asked this before, but I don't think I found what I was looking for.

I'm looking for a game my dad played when I was a child. I think it was the same engine as Duke Nukem 3D, but obviously I knew nothing about engines, I just feel this way because of how it looked. It had features that impressed me with the novelty, such as NPC cop that didn't attack me outright (Which for me was an acheivement because in other FPS monsters always attacked, so I thought you need extra programming for them to not). It started in subway station and generally had noir look with classic-looking gangsters, but was probably set in the future because player character started with gun that shot electric bullets (Person hit would be shown lightning running over his body before collapsing)
>>
>>3390298
I truely doubt this is it, but Strife has NPC "cops" and electric bowgun.
>>
>>3390298
TekWar
>>
>>3390205
Hell yeah, that's it! Thanks.

Looks like it's easily available for download as well. I'm gonna be feeling some nostalgia tonight.
>>
>>3380986
Ok so it was PS1 Im preddy sure. In the game a town and its people get magic-ed away and the hero must retrieve people and things from dungeons in light spheres. At one point I think theres this cat that starts guiding you?
>>
Rpg for super nintendo. the back of the box had a screenshot of a unicorn. you could have 3 or 4 party members. when walking around the world the screen was split horizontally with a 3d-ish map on top and party stats at the bottom.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.