[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the best Indiana Jones game and why was it Quackshot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

File: Quackshot.jpg (99KB, 640x919px) Image search: [Google]
Quackshot.jpg
99KB, 640x919px
What was the best Indiana Jones game and why was it Quackshot?
>>
>>3380092
I liked Temple of Doom as a kid.
>>
>>3380098
Never had a chance to try that one. Would play pic related at a friend's house growing up. I remember that it was alright. Never ended up beating it. Only made it to the last boss once. Would always get to stage before where your going up a mountain side and these mountain goats would keep fucking my shit up.
>>
File: donald_front.jpg (139KB, 449x624px) Image search: [Google]
donald_front.jpg
139KB, 449x624px
>>3380092
This was superior
>>
File: PinballIndianaJonesOblique.jpg (964KB, 2416x4000px) Image search: [Google]
PinballIndianaJonesOblique.jpg
964KB, 2416x4000px
>>
File: Bitch_please.jpg (74KB, 499x640px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch_please.jpg
74KB, 499x640px
>>3380092
You Lose
Perfect
>>
File: raidersLostArk2600Screen2[1].jpg (35KB, 900x580px) Image search: [Google]
raidersLostArk2600Screen2[1].jpg
35KB, 900x580px
>>
Nice try, guy.
>>
>>3380109

Not at all. Maui Mallard has some cool sprite animations, but the gameplay and level design is mediocre to bad.

Quackshot is a thrilling adventure game. It mixes elements of platforming and graphic adventure games where you need to use certain items to solve puzzles and be able to advance. It's my favorite of the disney-licensed games Sega did.
>>
>>3380092

Temple of Doom on NES. flawed yet fun game, that alot of people will never give a fair chance to now since the Angry Video Game Cuck declared it a shit
>>
>>3380297
>the gameplay and level design is mediocre to bad.

Same can be said about Quackshot. You make it sound more than it really is with the "elements of platforming and graphic adventure games", but honestly it's just a mediocre game that happens to require item collecting to advance.

At least Maui Mallard has a lot of variety; Quackshot is too simplistic to even be worth bothering.
>>
File: quackshot205bjap5d.jpg (820KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
quackshot205bjap5d.jpg
820KB, 1600x1024px
>>3380092
Hell yeah
>>
File: Quackshot#4.jpg (83KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Quackshot#4.jpg
83KB, 800x600px
>>3380941
>Same can be said about Quackshot

Not at all, gameplay is solid (that feel when floor dashing), and game design is genius, that includes level design and how the pacing is.

>it's just a mediocre game that happens to require item collecting to advance.

Did you play Quackshot? it's not mediocre, and item collecting is not the central aspect of it. You collect maybe 4 or 5 powerups in the entire game, but it's how you use these powerups what makes the difference between getting stuck or advancing forward in the game.

>simplistic

I wouldn't really call it simplistic. Or at least not in a derogatory way.
>>
>>3380119
I don't even think that should be included, because it ascends above being a game, and is the REAL 4th movie in the franchise
>>
>>3380941
The music for Maui Mallard was done by the same guy who did Nightmare Ned (never mentioned nearly enough) so it definitely has a nostalgic place in my heart.
>>
>>3380941
Found the teenager who started getting into "retro games" last year.

QuackShot is a damn fine game.
>>
>>3380959

it's so funny to compare japanese and american covers. It's the first time I saw the jp version but Donald is always fucking pissed, the US makes more sense to me
>>
Quackshot was my favorite game as a kid. I think I liked it even more than EarthBound which is the game that hooked me on Nintendo.
>>
>>3380092
>play this when I was 8 years old
>crack all quest and beat the game by myself

Kinda sad that none of my friends own Genesis but this some pround for my 8 years old self .
>>
>>3382226
Beat this as kid myself also. Found it CiB the other day and had to pick it up. Even tho I easily beat it in one sitting I was still very impressed by the gameplay. Also never made the Indiana Jones connection as a kid, hence the thread.
>>
File: earnest evans.png (10KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
earnest evans.png
10KB, 320x224px
>not Spaghetti Sam
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.