[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batteries and the illusion of friendship.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1466249282118.png (495KB, 960x901px) Image search: [Google]
1466249282118.png
495KB, 960x901px
>doing my yearly cleaning of all my cart based entertainment
>tend to switch some of them on to check the battery
>each year was something different, dragon warrior, or ff2, etc
>but this year..
>this year was sad. Pokemon Red. All 151 of them collected. Gone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XECQApj9IJs
>Charizard, my first ever buddy, barely beat Brock with spamming Slash, was the last up after Pikachu shit the bed for Misty, and beat Gary's Blastoise with the power of Fly
>Butterfree, the psychic spamming sleep powder bro
>Snorlax, tank/strength last resort
>Pikachu, little lightning turret
>Farfetch'ed, the surprisingly good cutbro
>Vaporeon, ice/surf

My first team. All gone. Enjoy the time you have with your old buddies now, /vr/, because one day they will all disappear and forget about you.
>>
>>3380007
I will mourn the day when my save of Mario RPG with the obtained Super Suit is lost.
Then I'll replace the battery
and then spend countless battles to obtain it again
>>
File: Gameboy Mega Memory.jpg (221KB, 1084x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gameboy Mega Memory.jpg
221KB, 1084x1080px
There's various ways of backing up the save data from cartridges.
>>
>>3380007
If you actually gave a shit you'd buy a backup device, multiple people make usb cart readers for GB now. You can buy them for almost any system.
>>
Battery powered memory cards are just ticking time bombs, yet game companies fucking loved using them... Even in arcade machines, there were some instances in preventing bootlegging by dedicating the game on a memory system powered by a battery, aptly named "Suicide Batteries"...
>>
File: bleem.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bleem.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>3380015
that font reminds me of something
>>
>>3380061

I may not be believed on this, but my old school bought a ton of those Bleem emulators for their school PC's to have kids play their "educational" games, mostly the Lightspan series...
Oh my god... The live action scenes were so damn cringy sometimes...
>>
>I can't go to Radio Shack and buy a $5 coin cell battery
>>
>>3380054
>yet game companies fucking loved using them
They had a choice?…
>>
>>3380123
eeproms but batteries made more sense

>>3380054
suicided cps-2 boards can be recovered now
>>
File: ngpc-spot1[1].jpg (88KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
ngpc-spot1[1].jpg
88KB, 800x528px
>not playing your games on a system where all carts use flash memory for saves
>>
>>3380007
>don't store my shit well so have to clean it yearly
>don't clean it more often because i only touch it once a year for the cleaning ritual
>tend to switch some of them on because carts have switches
>want to check the battery even though i'm too retarded to replace it or back up my saves
>this year was sad
Sounds like every day of your so called life is sad dingus
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.