[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he over powered?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: SFA3_Cody.gif (10KB, 308x412px) Image search: [Google]
SFA3_Cody.gif
10KB, 308x412px
Is he over powered?
>>
No.
>>
>blonde hair
>blue eyes
fucking racist ass shit smdh
>>
File: Rugal_Bernstein_-_KOF_94.png (324KB, 516x496px) Image search: [Google]
Rugal_Bernstein_-_KOF_94.png
324KB, 516x496px
>>3379885
>>
>>3379856
In SFA3? How so?
>>
>>3379856
It makes me really sad they made him a generic prisoner who just yawns a lot and complains he's bored. He's nothing like FF1 Cody: vibrant, quick, youthful and energetic. This isn't even the same character. It should've just been someone new.
>>
>>3379856
In story continuity? Maybe? He's supposed to be super strong, like clown Ryu and Sagat strong right?
Isn't that why he's always "lol so bored" IN SF now?
>>
File: codyvscody.gif (449KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
codyvscody.gif
449KB, 500x212px
>>3380830
It really didn't make any sense including him to bring in another FF name and then change the way he fights (not to mention the way he looks and acts).

He WAS too dull and generic looking to fit in the roster as-is, though.
>>
>>3379856
>>3379856
does he get a target combo that does his FF1 punch combo?
>>
With the FF1 punch bug maybe, in SFA3 he's solid but has the shortest guard bar in the game (partly compensated by Yoke but everyone gets GC'd in two seconds in SFA3 anyway thanks to V-Ism) and there are far more broken characters in that game
>>
>>3379856

He "over powered" Patricia Wagon real good.
>>
File: cody.gif (8KB, 221x159px) Image search: [Google]
cody.gif
8KB, 221x159px
>>3380849
I think it makes sense that he's so strong in canon

The other World Warriors usually stick to fair, one on one contests

Cody grew up fighting 4 or 5 people at once on the streets of a shithole where 8 foot freaks like Hugo roamed

Even Ryu thinks Cody is too obsessed with fighting and that he's clearly a miserable individual
>>
>>3380193
He's like, supposed to be overpowered in the story or something. In game, he's just okay. He has a lot of tricks to kill newbies easily, but those are just one time tricks kind of deal.
>tfw chipping out a round of victory with knife and blowing someone's mind
>>
>>3380830
It never was the same character. Cody's sprites weren't made to be Cody until halfway through his development. Prisoner Cody was an unnamed new SFA3 character that was changed into Cody.
>>
>>3381375
Someone killed me before just by doing the rock throw
>>
>>3381695
yeah, and you can tell
>>
>>3379856
his laziness balances him out
>>
>>3381695
He was supposed to be Joe from Street Fighter 1. IIRC, they even left his sideways kick in as a nod to this.
>>
>>3381695
Why'd they change it? It's not like there was a huge Cody community clamoring for him to be in.
>>
>>3380849
People have greatly exaggerated Cody's canonical strength in recent years.

The only thing that has ever been stated in game is that Cody is apathetic, lazy, and would probably be a better fighter if he actually disciplined himself and trained to be a better fighter. That's it. Then the fanboys started running with it and interpreting it to mean that he's somehow on Shin Akuma's level or some ridiculous shit. I don't think Capcom ever intended for the line to be taken that far.

He's the stereotypical "lol so bored" character. If he actually trained and took fighting seriously, he might be a stronger fighter than he currently is, but he's not Ryu tier or anything.
>>
>>3381695
Thanks, didn't know that at all

Screw Capcom for this bullshit. Put Cody in jail for lulz

>>3382385

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Cody

> Oni and E. Honda are the only characters who recognize that Cody is holding back during all his battles. Before Cody fights the former in the games' Arcade Mode, Oni implies that he might actually survive the battle if he doesn't hold back.

> If Cody wins in a fight against Akuma, he admits that he thought Akuma was rather weak compared to his expectations, being the only character to honestly say that he was unimpressed by Akuma's strength.
>>
>>3379856
>the cuffs still allow him to move his hands
those are some shitty cuffs
>>
>>3382532
Haggar cut law enforcement funding
>>
>>3382385
It's not like people on the higher echelons haven't caught wind of this, however. The people on UDON are also big fans of Cody, so in the comic (not canon) he defeats Ryu with a single Screw Upper.

His situation probably mimics a lot Terry Bogard's (Fatal Fury). Both are street martial artists that end up being better than their most """disciplined""" rivals (Guy for Cody and Andy for Terry). Guy holds a lot of respect for Cody (canon).
>>
File: streets of rage food.jpg (128KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
streets of rage food.jpg
128KB, 600x434px
>>3382385
Cody manages to have the strength he has, while being on a diet of food found in trash cans.

Screw training; if he'd just eat properly he could snap everyone in half.
>>
File: 3525479-ryu+vs+cody+#7+(2).png (983KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
3525479-ryu+vs+cody+#7+(2).png
983KB, 960x717px
>>3382385
>People have greatly exaggerated Cody's canonical strength in recent years.

People have been taking the Udon comics too seriously
>>
>>3382532
He can take them off at will too, he just doesn't like to.

I'm so glad SF4 gave us something similar to his Final Fight outfit. If he's in V I hope they ditch the stripes entirely.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.