[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken fans out there? IMO it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 11132012104938top10valken.jpg (197KB, 472x471px) Image search: [Google]
11132012104938top10valken.jpg
197KB, 472x471px
Any Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken fans out there?

IMO it is an amazing game in everything from story and music to graphics and gameplay. Rarely if ever mentioned despite this
>>
>>3379670

Quite a lot actually. It's not as well know as some SNES classics, but it's still far from obscure.
>>
I only played the Genesis/SFC titles, pretty solid games. Haven't finished them yet so I didn't jump into the other games
>>
>>3379670
I remember being blown away by just about every aspect of the game. The music in particular got me really pumped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLnDcIn03wc

I also discovered the napalm weapon on my own, since the trick to unlock it is identical to the trick to get all weapons in Target Earth/Assault Suit Leynos.
>>
>>3379670
You better believe it.
>mfw have no face when you find out at the end that Cybernator/ASV was a prequal to Target Earth/ASL.
Try Front Mission: Gunhazard as well. It's made by ex Leynos/Valken guys.
>>
>>3379732
Did the NA version have the alternate (bad) ending?
>>
>>3380038
The NA release removed all character portraits and the suicide scene, the game would pause during dialogue as well.
>>
>>3379670
FUCK YES THERE IS

Also, PSN store has a HD remake up there.
>>
>>3380035
Thanks, I will

>>3380057
Cool

>>3379732
Yep, the whole soundtrack is amazing.

My favorite aspect though is how the game plays. There's fire lock-on which is super convenient and shield which helps avoid almost all damage if you're good enough.

Also, gotta love the punch weapon.
>>
>>3380038
The NA version did still have the bad ending, but also this >>3380049
>>
Cybernator, Metal Warriors and Gun Hazard are still the three best mecha games ever made.
>>
File: ty-model-leynos-as5e3-2.jpg (271KB, 1254x1186px) Image search: [Google]
ty-model-leynos-as5e3-2.jpg
271KB, 1254x1186px
The various model kits are pretty dope too.
>>
>>3380379
Nghh

Although it's pretty close to some Zaku variations. I'm not much of a mecha fan, but it sure looks similar
>>
File: Pubemaster yaoi.jpg (140KB, 600x930px) Image search: [Google]
Pubemaster yaoi.jpg
140KB, 600x930px
>>3379670
>tfw Nomore games with pubemaster art
The valken remake for ps2 was pice of shit
>>
File: Valken.jpg (108KB, 718x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Valken.jpg
108KB, 718x1024px
>>3380470
Even the last Langrriser game, for 3ds dont have urushihara art.
>>
I only played Cybernator, and thought it was amazing.

Later I found out there are more games in the series. Gotta play the Saturn stuff sometime.
>>
File: Night Slave Gameplay.jpg (57KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Night Slave Gameplay.jpg
57KB, 640x400px
I declare the Eroge version canon to the Valken universe
>>
I would advise you to look for other games from Masaya. Specifically, Vixen 357 for the Sega Genesis. It's an SRPG with robots, but sadly it's japanese-only.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPyASB0h6ck

The Assault Suits series has those entries:
- Assault Suit Leynos/Target Earth (Sega Genesis)
- Assault Suit Valken/Cybernator (SNES)
- Assault Suit Valken 2 (PS1)
- Assault Suit Leynos 2 (Saturn)

Valken 2 is an SRPG (wat). Valken also had an """enhanced""" port for the PS2. Don't play it.

There's a remake of Assault Suit Leynos coming for the PS4/PC (Steam). It already got released in Japan a few months ago, so you can look it up on youtube. If you already played the original, the additions are a different boss fight against the leader and a new final boss. You don't need to play with the additions though, because the game also offers a Classic Mode (no voiced cutscenes, fights are the same as the original).

There's a lot of Valken clones on PC, if you're interested. They're mostly 3-hour games, but some of them can be quite fun. From the top of my head:
- Gunhound EX (a faster game, but a really good one too)
- Gigantic Army (really feels like Valken, but the game is very short)
- Steel Strider (mouse aiming, not very good)
>>
>>3381841
Cool, thanks

Yesterday I googled Leynos 2 videos and was kind of disappointed that it was more of Target Earth-style flat levels. I mean, it's still good robot action with seemingly intuitive aiming, but after Valken it seems like a big step back.

I loved the missions inside the space stations, shooting asteroids and all that variety in Cybernator; straight flat levels were kinda bland after all the insane earlier missions. Basically shield, fire, shield, fire, rinse, wash, repeat.
>>
>>3381841
>- Steel Strider (mouse aiming, not very good)
Played it for half an hour and like it. At least the gameplay. But I was also looking for a M+K runngun.
>>
>>3381826
I had no idea this was a thing. Is there an English translation floating around?
>>
I finished Gun Hazard a few days ago.

Fun game. I'll play Metal Warriors someday too. I always hear good things about it.

I kinda wish more games like Lenyos was made nowadays. Ah well.

PS4 Remake of Lenyos is alright.
>>
File: 27524554_624.jpg (105KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
27524554_624.jpg
105KB, 624x468px
>>3380379
There are also the SR Video Game Robotics figures if you can find them. Pretty damn good gashapon type things.
>>
>>3380301
I'm really enjoying Mechwarrior 3050 and Shadow Gunner.
>>
File: Night Slave Weapons.gif (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Night Slave Weapons.gif
32KB, 640x400px
>>3383010
>Is there an English translation floating around?
Nope, sorry. There's an option in the menu to just turn off all the story scenes and play it as a straight action game though and things like the Weapon Selection screen are in English anyway so it shouldn't be hard to play even if you don't have any knowledge of the language
>>
>>3379670
>dat box art
Why did we ge lame box art in NA?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.