[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've downloaded a rom pack and theres a lot of ROM duplicates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 829649download-nes-01.jpg (34KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
829649download-nes-01.jpg
34KB, 500x327px
I've downloaded a rom pack and theres a lot of ROM duplicates with different suffixes, like Rev A, 1.1, proto, etc apart from the region different obvious ones. how do i clean my library so i can only keep the useful ones?
>>
>>3378493
Search for the ones you want to delete in Windows explorer and delete them. IE search for (France) then hit ctrl+a and delete. Or (proto) (Germany) etc etc.
>>
Keep only the newest ones (rev a instead of plain, v1.1 instead of plain, plain instead of prototype, etc).
>>
>>3378512
that's good advice. i forgot to say that the romsets i downloaded are the no-intro ones for NES, SNES, Genesis and Turbografx. Any extra advice?
also im using OpenEmu on mac.
>>
would you mind sharing the link to the romsets? the ones ive found have only the NA releases.
>>
>>3378586
Search no-intro archive.org. It should be the first result.

The torrent doesn't have all of the sets, for that you should get the zip of what you need.
>>
Keep them all to salt the collector hoarders
>>
>>3378512
Do you always want the newest ones though? I remember that Gauntlet, the arcade original, is increasingly unbalanced against the player with newer revisions, in the interest of that sweet sweet money.
>>
>>3378512
>deleted the patched ones that fix bugs

What? For example never ever play the original version of Castlevania as it has a tendency to freeze on stage 5 if you use your subweapons (iirc, something like that). Definitely get the REV version that fixed that.
>>
>>3378642
This, and Zelda OoT has censorship in the newer revisions.
>>
>>3378493

Sort them with the goodtools program.
>goodxxx.exe dirs
Will move all the roms recognized by said goodtools program into specific dirs.

>usa roms into usa, euro roms in euro (with subdirs like france,italy,etc) and translations into translations, PD roms into PD, etc etc.

No intro might have a sort option too I dunno.
>>
>useful

It is all useful. These sets are meant for preservation of data.
>>
I have one idea of how to do this. Use everything search from voidtools.
https://www.voidtools.com/

Navigate to the directory where the files were extracted and then search for the tags you want and then copy paste all the files that match to somewhere else.
>>
GoodUnMerge
>>
>>3378512
That's not 100% good advice, sometimes later revisions had things removed or censored.
>>
>>3378493
search for "proto" "rev" etc on windows search and delete all results
>>
I guess I could ask this in this thread: Are there any rom auditing tools that are still frequently updated (as in constantly adding hacks and keeping a consistent naming scheme)? I have been using good tools but it is very rarely updated and is always years late of keeping up with hacks and translations. Are there any noteworthy alternatives?
>>
>>3379238
You'd end up deleting prototypes for unrelesed games that way too.
>>
I wrote a bash script that took care of it a few months ago, if you know regex/spend 20 minutes googling it you can probably do it. If on Windows just use some program that'll probably already exist. Also read on what all the tags and shit mean like [a] [b] [!] Etc
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.