[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (45KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
45KB, 256x255px
Getting my ass handed to me at the Junon reactor after Weapon appears. I'm level 50, and some of the normal enemies are one shotting me and its not cool. There's some tentacle guy and some fucker who does a poison one shot kill.
Should I go back and grind or do I need to change tactics? Its like the difficulty curve just spiked insanely
>>
Its after Carry Armor BTW. I just picked up Spirit Lance also.
>>
>>3378052
FF7 is not a very difficult game overall. Try to experiment a little.
>>
>>3378052
But you're overleveled. Your tactics and/or setup must be shit. Protect yourself against poison using the added effect materia
>>
>>3378297
you dont even need added effect.

get double cut ASAP and dont be a shitter

HP plus materia
>>
Protecting against poison really isn't hard bro, they give out the relevant materia/accessories like candy.
>>
>>3378052
How much materia do you have equipped? Keep in mind that magic and summon materia imposes a sizable penalty to your HP, and Lv50 is when physical attacks begin to explode in raw power since level is part of the formula.

Tell us your materia setups and what limit breaks you have.
>>
>>3378057
Anons maybe haven't noticed this.

Dude, you are outside the game's main progression in an optional area. It's not the Shinra sub or anything you've been directed to. It's the sunken Gelnika, location of e.g. Yuffie's ultimate weapon and the encounters are harder than the final dungeon ones and more likely to kill you outright than the endboss. IF you want to raid it for gear, use the Exit spell to oneshot the randoms. Pack ethers
>>
>>3378942
This is correct, I'll keep that in mind
>>3378881
A ton of normal magic spells like bolt and fire, I'll get a proper list
>>
I wanted to marathon the FF series starting from the first, but the first I just got sick of, got maybe halfway through.

Should I continue it? Or is there a better FF to start with?
>>
This is a final fantasy thread so this is relevant enough I suppose
I'm doing it like this anon, except I just want to play through all the retro games. Right now I've gone in a weird order of 6-7-5-4-1 and I'm on 2 currently.
>>3379879

In ff2 I'm confused at how I should build my characters without fucking myself over, since the system is rather different in that game.

I think I'm gonna have firion be a paladin and be in the front row with his white magic and swords

Maria as a black mage, right now she is using a staff in the front row, but I'll move her back later so she has some health first.

Guy as the normal fighter using axes and shields or swords and shields

Everyone with the basic level 1 black magic spells. I also got destroyed by bombs five minutes in after going too far south
>>
lower the battle speed and set the battle system to wait if you're having problems
that's one neat thing about ATB FFs, they let you adjust the difficulty at any moment

but VII is easy for the most part so I'm surprised you'd even need to do that
>>
>>3379879
Doesn't sound like marathoning rpgs is a good idea, if you don't have the will to beat even one of them.
>>
>>3379930
Okay, everyone should know "everything". There are ultimate wm/bm lists out there, can't remember the magics. Also, are you playing the original game, PS edition, mobile, GBA...? A lot of the strategic elements depend on that.
>>
>>3379930
Depends on the game's version
if it's the NES/WSC/PS Origins remake(as it should be) you just need to specialize.
FFII was the proto-SaGa so you need to understand that you're actually roleplaying in battle, each action means you'll have a chance of getting a specific level up in a certain stat, using swords gives you STR/HP and Sword Proficiency, meaning you'll hit harder and more times by using swords, same thing for every other weapon category.
Using magic spells will slowly make you level up that spell and make it more powerful and accurate, it also increases your INT and MP.
However, each level up comes with balancing, leveling up STR often will make your INT decrease for instance, all stats have an opposite stat that will decrease the more you level up the opposite one, so you can't have characters that are good at everything, you to specialize.
One other thing you need to know is that you don't need to grind most spells bar the elemental ones past 6 or 7, so when making a paladin or a monk concentrate on maxing Cure spells, all the other support shouldn't be higher than 6 to be useful, you're simply wasting your time grinding more than that.
Having attack spells at level 10 or so would be a good idea however, though you can simply cheese 90% of the game with spells like Toad...

If you're playing the GBA/PSP ports than you just need to grind much more since they removed the balancing penalty, but it's much more tedious to do so and you'll still be better off specializing anyway since it takes much less time.

There's one thing you should know about making fighter who use magic, you can use weapons that aren't STR based to make them also good attackers, that is why Maria should never leave her Bow since it doesn't interfere with her INT growth, needless to say she won't be as good as Guy or Firion in terms of attack power, but she won't be completely useless either and late game bows are pretty powerful anyway.
>>
>>3379879
Try FF5, 6, 9, Tactics, Bravely Default, or 10.

If you want ones with tons of side content, 8, 9, and 12 has them in spades.
>>
>>3378052
That sunken ship will wreck your ass. I think you can hit them with death/ohk magic and attacks. But have not played the game since 98.
>>
>>3380064
They're immune to instant death, but are susceptible to gravity. Opening the battle with Demi 2 will knock off at least 5000 damage.
>>
>>3380005
Psp version
>>
>>3378052
Does anyone have a suggestion for a great walkthrough? One that gets everything, helps you on all the side quests?
>>
>>3378052
>Should I go back and grind
You are already way overlevelled. Have you never bothered to buy new armour, or something? You should have had the game beaten well before level 50. I cannot imagine how you fucked up so badly.
>>
>>3379930
>Maria as a black mage, right now she is using a staff in the front row,
Lose the staff, give her no weapon and never do normal attacks, raising strength lowers magic attack.

>Everyone with the basic level 1 black magic spells.
Raising magic attack also lowers strength so stop using spells on your meaty guys.
>>
This fucking game. Every time I try to play it something stops me. Get to the third disc as a kid? Little brother breaks it.

Friend buys it on PSN and gives me his login info? PS3 breaks and loses all login info.

Buy it myself on PSN? PS3 get corrupted.

Its like the Gods dont want me to finish this damn thing and once youve played the first half a million times its really not worth going through the whole thing again.
>>
File: 1286584055472.jpg (116KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1286584055472.jpg
116KB, 600x600px
>>3378052
Just a general thing, but could any of you all give me some advice on how to enjoy Final Fantasy VII? Like, I've beaten it four times because everyone says its the greatest game ever made. But it's always bored me and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm worried there's something wrong with me. I want to find what's so special about it, but I can't. It's frustrating.

It's not even a not liking JRPGs thing. Dragon Quest III was one of my first games. I love all sort of shit like Grandia II, the Lunar games, Kouldelka, Live a Live, Parasite Eve, FF I, II, IV, V, VI, VIII, and IX., Jade Cocoon, Chrono Cross, Metal Max, etc.
But FF VII I just don't GET. I dunno how. I don't hate it. I just feel nothing, from a game that seems to make people feel more than any other game can.

Should I try playing it while high? Is there a certain mindset I need to be in while playing it?
>>
>>3383668
Armor? I have just used the shit that I've picked up along the way and upgraded stuff at shops when it was available. Not sure what kind of armor you're referring to, or if its what I already have
>>
>>3383741
You can't give advice on how to enjoy a game.
You either do or do not.
And holy shit stop fucking believe fanboys calling things the greatest thing ever made, FFVII is literally a bland RPGs for children with cinematics, if you like that kind of thing then you'll love it, if you don't you better hope you like the characters/music/story or whatever, because even the battle system is generic.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.