[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RA/RTS General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: RA_Red_Alert_Cover.png (280KB, 437x629px) Image search: [Google]
RA_Red_Alert_Cover.png
280KB, 437x629px
There is literally no reason to play as allies.
>>
File: woooop bzzz.jpg (190KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
woooop bzzz.jpg
190KB, 640x480px
Anyone still playing online?
>>
File: total-annihilation.jpg (43KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
total-annihilation.jpg
43KB, 512x384px
And the other GOAT RTS of course.
>>
>>3376807

https://cncnet.org/red-alert

http://www.openra.net/
>>
>>3376807
god I loved this fucking game.

Red Alert (and its expansions) was the only RTS I ever really cared for. Don't get me wrong, I liked others and appreciate the genre but I really fucking loved RA.
>>
File: prismatic.jpg (51KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
prismatic.jpg
51KB, 1191x670px
in red alert 2, the prism tanks and mirage tanks totally rule

2001 is retro right?
>>
>>3376803
There is one, at least before the expansions got released. Allied Battleship have immense range and devastating firepower, they are just inaccurate.
>>
All I want is a decent "HD" version of Red Alert 2.
>>
>>3376803
Not true. If there's a substantial amount of water on the map, you're an idiot not play as allies.
>>
Why is OpenRA so hard?
>>
>>3380337
The AI? They must have made it a bit smarter, I play cncnet so not too sure though. (openra doesn't work for me)
>>
An allied light tank beats a soviet mammoth tank 1 vs 1 as long as you keep moving.
>>
>>3380130
Same here but I need Yuri too.
My life for Yuri!!!ONE
>>
>>3380386
Isn't it hard to micromanage like that, though?
Or did Red Alert have control groups?
>>
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMRvvfGhP24
>>
I remember getting my ass kicked so damn hard when I first played online. How the fuck did I not notice that constructing more buildings = faster unit production.
>>
>>3380702
Fucking hell, that works so well. 10/10
>>
File: omfg2.jpg (521KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
omfg2.jpg
521KB, 1280x1024px
>>3380130
>All I want is a decent "HD" version of Red Alert 2.

Why? The game already scales to any resolution natively. I've had it running once in 320x240 using composite out to my old 14" CRT TV, and I can run it now in 1080p on my plasma screen as well.
>>
>>3376803
I used to edit the rules.ini and give the allies the heavy tank. Made the game much more fair.
>>
>>3380850
It's a shame StarCraft doesn't do the same. Fucking Blizzard, man.
>>
File: OpenRA Nuke.webm (3MB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
OpenRA Nuke.webm
3MB, 1280x723px
What does /vr/ think of OpenRA?
>>
>>3381954

Love the idea behind it, but when I wanted to play some Dune they only had like 2 maps converted.

Good, but too early to judge imo.
>>
Let's talk money management, how can I keep units pumped out without going broke? Seems like no matter what I keep getting outnumbered.
>>
>>3383795
Get more ressorce gatherers than your opponent.
>>
Fuck, when will RA2 mod for OpenRA be at least semi-ready?
>>
>>3381954
It's shit. The devs ruined engineers because they didn't like them.
>>
Hey, I have a question.
I'm playing RA2, and on lots of maps there are ore patches that are far away from the base. However, I can't build ore refineries near them, probably because they're too far away from the construction yard.
How do I into that ore? Just send the miners long distance? Building a second conyard just seems waaaay to expensive.
>>
>>3385774
Ore Silo congo line, Commander.
>>
>>3384396
You know you can modify the game easily?
>>
>>3385774
Pack up your MCV and move it there, or just long distance harvest.
>>
File: image.gif (162KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
162KB, 640x480px
>>
>>3388254
Wait.

You can do that?
>>
>>3388380
If you have that option checked at the start. It's with the checkboxes that enable crates and short game, etc.
>>
>>3388309
Man, I have good memories of playing Dark Reign 2. Never played the first one though, might check it out on the weekend.
>>
Speaking of online does anyone use game ranger to play age of empires II online?
>>
>I'M A MECHANICAL
>I'M A MECHANICAL
>I'M A MECHANICAL MAN.
>>
>>3381954
I want top play RA, not a different game with a RA skin.

Are campaigns or AI even working in that ?
>>
>>3389356
Campaigns? No. AI? Yes, but it's nothing like it was in the original.
>>
Conscripts suck so much ass compared to GIs it's not even funny. What are they even good for?
>>
>>3389648
They're half the price of a GI. But that's about it.
>>
>>3389648
Occupying buildings
>>
>>3389061
underrated post
>>
>>3385774
Build more MCVs.
>>
>>3389648
For the price of 1 gi you can get 4 conscripts with the cloner
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.