[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people often call themselves nintendo fanboys, sega fanboys,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: SNK_farewell.jpg (287KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SNK_farewell.jpg
287KB, 1024x768px
>people often call themselves nintendo fanboys, sega fanboys, and playstation fanboys
>literally no one ever calls themselves SNK fanboys

I am an SNK lover. Where we at, bros?
>>
How many neo geos do you own?
>>
>>3376110
OP owns about 15. From the sound of it.
>>
Not OP but I've been a big fan of SNK for 20 years and always hated that I never had a Neo Geo. I may/may not buy one online but I'm a bit concerned about prices being too high for the console and certain games.

Always love the KOF series and love the 360 port of Garou. I tried emulating years ago and had trouble so there's not much I've played.
>>
File: Connectable_to_my_Dreamcast.jpg (623KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Connectable_to_my_Dreamcast.jpg
623KB, 2592x1944px
I do. I just wish I had the funds to own a AES cart system and all those wonderful games. I am a fanboy, since I think the majority of the games on it are good, and actually pretty hard for me to remember any legitimately bad games (Riding Hero is one) I played on the system or arcade.
>>
Where do I start with SNK if I literally only know about Metal Slug and KoF?
>>
>>3376131
There's a lot to choose from. Depends on what genre you like basically.

If you like kof maybe you can try fatal fury too.

Blazing star is my favorite scrolling shooter which you definitely need to try.

https://mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Here's a complete rompack if you're interested. You could just google top 10 snk games to get some suggestions
>>
>>3376107
As a kid, I only played a few Neo Geo games at arcades or pubs -KoF '64, Metal Slug and a break-out clone with a fat chinese man.

I remember we ogled at Neo Geo screenshots in magazines and seeing the cart prizes was enough to let you know you wouldn't ever own one.

Later, thanks to emulation, I re-discovered it, that's when Twinkle Star Sprites and Windjammers became two of my favorite versus games.
Plus Sengoku 3 is a gorgeous and brilliant beat'em all.
>>
>>3376116
>owning 15 neo geo's

that s pretty good imo

I have 16 plus a few spare
>>
File: Just_emulate.jpg (599KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Just_emulate.jpg
599KB, 2592x1944px
>>3376131
I too would suggest to emulate. The games are still super costly as they were back then. Already mentioned on this thread are some of my favorites

Shooting: Pulstar, Blazing Star
Sports: Windjammers, Dunk Dream
Fighting: Last Blade 2, Garou:MotW,
Puzzle: Money Idol Exchanger, Puzzle De Pon
Single Screen: Nightmare in the Dark

and >>3376140 was right with Twinkle Star Sprites, it is so good, but I only have it for Dreamcast and I wish to get it on Saturn
>>
>>3376151
it's retarded expensive. the cheapest method to play almost all games on the real thing is a top loader neo cd, neo bios masta, universe bios and pc-2-neo.
and that is around $6-700 all in
>>
How many NECbeards do you know outside of /vr/?
>>
I've only met one professed SNK fan in my life. She's the only person I've ever known who even owned a NeoGeo.
>>
File: Terry-with-ukee.gif (18KB, 67x151px) Image search: [Google]
Terry-with-ukee.gif
18KB, 67x151px
Terry has been my nig since forever

Neo Geo collecting is a bitch though. Would not recommenced unless you got serious dosh
>>
Because they're Snikkers
>>
>>3376167
I had a friend long long ago who would go on about how great the TG-16 is. Wasn't until a few years ago that I started digging into the PCE library that I realized how right he was.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.