[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing Retro Games in newer consoles. How many more of these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Sonic_Mega_Collection.jpg (206KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Mega_Collection.jpg
206KB, 352x500px
Playing Retro Games in newer consoles.
How many more of these collections exist?

I need more of this kind to any console, I would like to play some official ports of sega consoles.Thanks in advance
>>
File: ps2_600.jpg (2MB, 3240x2175px) Image search: [Google]
ps2_600.jpg
2MB, 3240x2175px
>>3372909
>>
File: 2994543-cc-noscale[1].jpg (133KB, 800x712px) Image search: [Google]
2994543-cc-noscale[1].jpg
133KB, 800x712px
Why don't you just emulate or play on an actual Genesis? Is this some kind of fetish?
>>
>>3372912
Ports of retro games count as retro you fucking faggot.
>>3372909
To my knowledge the PS2 and Xbox ports of that have additional games, Sonic Gems Collection and Sega Classic Collection are pretty cool too.
>>
>>3372912
You have to be THIS retarded to ride trigglypuff

>>3372909
The PS3 has an ultimate genesis collection which is pretty ace overall, and Steam has a large amount of Genesis games that have romhack compatibility via the workshop.
>>
File: DXC.jpg (195KB, 850x1228px) Image search: [Google]
DXC.jpg
195KB, 850x1228px
Dracula X Chronicles never leaves my PSP.
>>
>>3372909
>How many more of these collections exist?
For Sega or for retro games in general?

There's the Namco Museum for PS2 (and I think Xbox), Taito and Midway have ones. I quite like the Capcom and SNK collections (also for PS2) lots of great arcade games. Atari even has a collection of 2600 titles. Basically PS2 is your best choice if you want more of these things.
>>
>>3372916
Thanks people.

I really would like to buy the real hardware, butas you can see I kinda lack space and free SCART ports even with a 5 way scart switch (there is already 6 consoles on my BVM

So why not play some offical ports, since I'm not very fond of emulation.
>>
>>3372936
It can be from other publishers or consoles, thanks for the tips. My PS2 is connected on a BVM using scart so that would be really nice to check these releases.
>>
Everything SEGA is rock-solid except the GBA Sonic 1 and DS Sonic.collection.
>>
File: gunnm.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
gunnm.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>3374754
I have that actually, love that shit. It is extremely comfy alright. Gotta love that cover art lol
>>
File: Phantasy_Star_Collection.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy_Star_Collection.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
When this came out, it was the first time I had ever played the original Phantasy Star. Pretty comfy collection. Would be perfect if it also included IV. Also the save crash bug on PS1 rekt my shit.

Deleted and reposted because I fucked up the spoiler tag. Oops.
>>
>>3372919
>pretty ace overall
Sound emulation seems off though.
>>
>>3372909
PS2 had mega man anniversary collection, mega man x anniversary collection, and metal slug anthology
>>
>>3372946
>I'm not very fond of emulation
Most collections are literally emulation. The same thing.

If you want legit ports there's not a lot of stuff to choose from.
>>
File: 914MHWeFhcL._AA1500_.jpg (385KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
914MHWeFhcL._AA1500_.jpg
385KB, 1500x1500px
This mother fucker right here. Includes Phantasy Star 2-4, SoR1-3, all the Sonics.
>>
>>3376013
It has Phantasy Star 1 too, but you have to unlock it.
>>
>>3372946
>since I'm not very fond of emulation
These collections ARE emulation, you fucking moron.

Next time do your research before you try to pander to the collector autists on the board.
>>
>>3376031
get out of this board shitposter! Go back to /v dickhead
>>
>>3376013
The input lag is pretty bad, but it's an awesome collection for the Phantasy Star games alone.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.