[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that translation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: WAY!!!.png (8KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
WAY!!!.png
8KB, 256x224px
>that translation
>>
>>3372881
That font looks slightly different to the one on my copy.
>>
>>3372931
The PAL version uses a thicker font.
>>
>>3372931
This is from version 1.0. I guess they made some slight changes in later copies.
>>
File: y-you too.png (137KB, 619x478px) Image search: [Google]
y-you too.png
137KB, 619x478px
>>3372881
>>
>WAY!!!
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>3373173
>le epic dank "what did they mean by this" meme!

kill yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>>3373179
>on 4chan
>hates memes
>>
>"le epic" meme
>"kill yourself"meme
>derision for using a meme

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3373179

Not him but really, what did they mean by this?
Is it just a typo or can that have a meaning in English?
>>
>>3373179
Not but what did they seriously mean by that? Why put WAY!!! there?
>>
>>3373912
It's a reference to Wayne's World. It was their affirmative response to someone being shocked and saying "No way!"
>>
>>3373914
I thought it was more like "wahey!" or "way to go!" or something.
>>
>>3373914

That is REALLY specific and prode to become dated though. What with the players who haven't seen the film?
>>
>>3372953
>>3372948
>>3372931

There isn’t a single “Yoshi’s Island font”—there are in fact eleven different versions of the game, not counting the Virtual Console re-releases:

Japanese versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2
North American versions 1.0 and 1.1
European versions 1.0 and 1.1
Game Boy Advance re-makes for all the regions above plus China.

One notable change between the revisions was indeed the font change. Thankfully, as it turns out, there are only three unique fonts.
• The one only used in the US 1.0 version (that thin one in OP pic)
• The one used in all Japanese versions for both SNES and the GBA (also thin but different)
• The one used for all the rest (the fat one)
There are a bunch of characters missing from the US 1.0 and the Japanese sets and there are some very minor changes between the GBA fonts, and the Chinese font uses a generic condensed grotesque sans-serif font for its (incomplete) alphanumerics.

The new characters introduced in the US 1.1 font aren’t in the 1.0 font, some characters aren’t available at all, and there are strange, condensed variations of already-existing characters e, i, t, r, h, f and n.

Wish I had some pics right now, that's copypasta from a design document I wrote a year ago
>>
>>3374707
This is my one.
>>
>>3374045
The whole
>No way
>WAY!
thing was pretty common. I knew about it and hadn't seen the movie.
>>
>>3373179
>kill yourself

>>
>>3374045
I don't think they really give a crap - different localizer, but they made a doge "joke" in Yokai Watch IIRC.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

>>
>>3374856
I forgot how huge Wayne's World was in the 90s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBi9Ue_RwM
>>
>>3374856
not even dr light could pull off that speed burner bullshit
>>
>>3374045
>prode to become dated though.

and? once it's dated, the company is either not making money off of it, or its so old that relocalizing it would be trivial.
>>
>>3373913
Maybe it was literal translation of "waiiii" in japanese, as in "yaaay", "woohoo", etc.
>>
>>3375547
Yeah they could just replace it with "WHAGWAN YOLO SENPAI!" if they released it now.
>>
Was the translation kept in subsequent releases? In 1.1, euro versions or GBA remakes?
What's the Japanese version say?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.