[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: One off run-and-guns that deserved a sequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: sunset-riders-01.png (194KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sunset-riders-01.png
194KB, 640x480px
ITT: One off run-and-guns that deserved a sequel
>>
>>3372725
It's a good game with cool design and good gameplay. It's not over rated, it's liked by many.
>Overrated meme
let that pubescent angst pass and talk to me in a few years
>>
its a really fun game
im glad my friend from argentina told me about it
>>
File: sunsetriders2and3.png (1MB, 838x579px) Image search: [Google]
sunsetriders2and3.png
1MB, 838x579px
>>3372687
But it had two sequels.
>>
It's fun but, by god, it's cheesy. That cut scene after you defeat the Native American boss is a cringefest.
>>
>>3372761
man, idgaf about cheesy scenes
its just a game, doens't need to take itself so seriously like most do nowadays
>>
>>3372779
Yeah but it's funny how cheesy it is. The music too.
>>
>>3372758
dat ass on the left
>>
>>3372761
>>3372789
Honestly, that's what makes the game more enjoyable to me. It fits there and goes well with the game.
>>
>>3372885
FFS I like the game too - and its cheesiness. I'm basically agreeing with you. Just acknowledging it.
>>
>>3372758
OP here. Never played either, will look into them
>>
DRAW, PILGRIM
>>
>>3373046
UGH...YA GOT ME
>>
>>3372761
aw rite mam, we won't shoot im
>>
>>3372758
Mystic Warriors yeah, it's pretty much Sunset Riders 2 in everything but name, but Cowboys of Moo Mesa is just another run and gun with a wild west theme. Doesn't play like Sunset Riders at all.
>>
MURRY ME WITH MUH MONEY
>>
>>3373392
Isn't there also a level with Sunset Riders playing in the theater? As if they were like "yes, this is in fact inspired by SR".
>>
hahaha. effin lel'd.
>>
>>3372758
Is everyone in mystic warriors supposed to have voices that sound weirdly deep, like a slowed down recording, or is that just mame being weird?
>>
>>3373335
YOU IN BIG HEAP TROUBLE
>>
>>3372863
Have you seen her boobs on some cutscenes especially in the end?

>>3372758
Don't forget Bucky O'Hare. Those were spiritual sequels.
>>
File: Maui Mallard.jpg (148KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
Maui Mallard.jpg
148KB, 800x801px
>Developers claim there will be a sequel
>In-Game credits claim there will be a sequel
>To this day his name is yet to be mentioned in a Disney product again
>>
>>3372761
Does cheesy even count as a negative thing? So many franchises are "cheesy" yet successful like TMNT, Doctor Who, Mario (A mushroom eating, manlet plumber commuting through pipes and fighting turtles), etc.

This really only adds to their charm if the rest is done well, imo.
>>
>>3374567
Holy shit I remember that game. Completely forgot about it.
>>
>>3372687
Son Son
>>
>>3372687
aw
those terrible men
>>
I love the OST
>>
>>3374598
You alwright man
>>
That "strip show" where the cowboys get to see some petticoat! WAY!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
Who was your go to character /vr/? I remember my faggy friend would always make a big deal about getting to pick the blue cowboy (Billy I think). Joke was on him, since everyone with taste always picked Cormano anyway.
>>
>>3374859
I liked Cormano too.
>>
>>3374859
Billy is for real men, casuals go for shotguns.
>>
>>3374859
billy wouldn't even look at the girls dancing cancan

if anything, steve is better.
>>
>>3374859
Bob Was the best, his high level Shotgun goodness. That long golden hair
>>
>>3374859

cormano was just better 90% of the time imo

i did bother to git gud with billy because my friends i'd coop the game with sucked and needed cormano.
>>
>>3374859
Steve's my favorite, Bob's the one I go for when I actually want to do well in the game (him and Cormano play identically but Bob gets better positioning for where he starts on boss fights) and Cormano for coolness.
>>
burymewithmymoney.com/
>>
>>3373847
I've played bucky o'hare but never got a sunset riders vibe from it. I always thought of it more as a mega man type game since you rescue the different teammates with different abilities
>>
>>3374859
Bob's my favorite, but I've been gitting gud with Steve just because I've been playing the 4 player arcade version on mame and my main controller defaults to him. I never used the six shooter characters when I was a kid but I like how they play now. I feel like they are just a smidge more powerful against bosses
>>
>>3375430
They're more powerful against bosses no doubt. Their shooting frequency is way faster, they can have an infinite ammount of shots at a time and a single bullet of them seems to be as powerful as landing all the buckshot from the shotgun characters.
The problem is if you die once in a boss fight because landing those single bullets can become a pain.

>>3375257
Not really. There's a slight difference between the rate of fire of bob and cormano, as there's a slight angle difference between steve and billy's shots.

But I'm talking arcade not the inferior versions.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.