[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember this crap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: dagobah.gif (55KB, 525x348px) Image search: [Google]
dagobah.gif
55KB, 525x348px
Remember this crap?
>>
>>3370919
dude, that game was the tits.
They also had an Indiana Jones one.
>>
Remember this crap?
>>
>>3370932
>R2-D2 as himself
Why hasn't the midget community complained about this yet?
>>
File: desert.gif (40KB, 525x348px) Image search: [Google]
desert.gif
40KB, 525x348px
>>3370925
To be honest, I didn't give it much of a chance. Was it really good?
>>
>>3370994
yes, they're excellent 5-minute roguelikes, and got a lot of positive reviews for that
>>
File: 1418900181352.gif (2MB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
1418900181352.gif
2MB, 230x172px
>>3370974
Yeah that's weird. We've seen the little man inside, we know it's not just a robot.
>>
>>3371160
they're also a bitch to play, being 16bit applications
>>
>>3370994
There's no animation. It's all tile-based. That turned me off big when I first tried it years ago (like 15 years ago), because I expected everything to be animated. Nothing is animated.

If I tried it now, I might like it, now that I know that it was basically a rogue-clone which are expected to be tile-based.
>>
>>3370919
>>3370994
I loved these games, every time you start a new game you play in a new randomized world. Of course after a while some patterns come back, but I still thought it was amazing.

I swear to god though that it happened to me a couple of times to find a non beatable world.
>>
>>3370919

This and the Indy game were pretty fun little games, I wouldn't mind seeing them ported to 32bit.
>>
>>3370919
Can it run on Windows 3.1 or it's a 32bit application that requires Windowns 95?
>>
http://www.zachtronics.com/yoda-stories/
>>
>>3371795
16-bit application. Might require WinG or Win32S or something, I forgot.
Trivial to run on a Win95 32bit VM, though I think somewhere on my disk is a Win3.11 DOSBox just because
>>
>>3371752
Yoda Stories has been ported to GBA
>>
>>3370919
>He didnt play this game when the boss wasnt looking
>>
>>3372136
Okay thanks for the informations anon.
>>
>>3372139
GBC. I got it for my sixth birthday party.

What a disaster of a game.
>>
>>3372180
I just remember it being confusing as fuck and awkward as shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeSUgua9lMY
>>
>>3372186
just did some quick glancing at reviews, and it turns out the devs fucked up badly. Maps dropped, annoying music, bad controls, dropped animations. The worst kind of port. Quite a shame. Because the concept of the game sounds perfect for a portable.
>>
>>3372189
Yeah, didn't the DOS version have randomized maps? The GBC version maps are always the same, IIRC.
>>
>>3372294
Windows, and according to one reverse engineer a little up in the thread well over 600. It's kind of important, because the game relies very strongly on the ability of getting a new adventure every time you play it. The roguelike aspect. With a small fixed number of maps that aspect is completely broken
>>
>>3372298
Sorry, I'd never actually played or seen it before, and I didn't really pay attention earlier in the thread. Just assumed it was DOS. The GBC version had 15 levels - bit of a step down from 600.
>>
>>3371169
They came out in like 1995 when the standard PC ran win3.1 and high-ends used Win95. So no problem there.

I remember they had randomly generated quests.
>>
>>3372312
the problem being that modern Windows dropped the 16bit subsystem, at least the x64 variants did. That means you can't run them natively on that machine. Unfortunately, Win3.11 or Win9x are "heavy" enough that a cheap masses emulator like DOSBox could run them without much work up front. These games are stuck in an annoying limbo, too old for native, too young for (simple) emulation, so you got to resort to VMs and other crappy things
>>
File: idscreen1.jpg (54KB, 510x352px) Image search: [Google]
idscreen1.jpg
54KB, 510x352px
>>3372312
No many games would support a Windows 3.1 version, let alone be Windows 3.1 only unless we're talking shovelware. Since most people who had 3.1 also had DOS on the same computer, games were still being made for DOS. It's not until 95 became more widespread that, after a weird transition phase during which games would came out with both a DOS and Win95 executable, devs dropped DOS support entirely.

So yes a 3.1 game is a bitch to play, because nobody cares about 3.1 stuff nowadays, because there isn't enough to make it worth caring.

I could swear I played both Yoda Stories and Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures in 95 though, well Indy definitely is 95 compatible, so Yoda probably is too.
>>
>>3370919
That old windows UI is super comfy
>>
>>3370919

Yes, and it wasn't crap. If you worked in an office at all, these were godsends.
>>
>>3373739
I wonder if they work through WINE
>>
>>3373742

That's why every version of Windows that I've ever used is always set to use that style.

>hey anon you running win98?
>No, Win7.
>>
>>3370974
Did you know that midgets are afraid of lemons?
>>
>>3373739
>Yerba Buena
DUDE
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.