[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Put together a list of 25-30 games for a possible SNES Classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

With the announcement of a NES Classic Edition, it would great if they followed up with a SNES version.

While certain games probably won't happen for it (both Star Fox and Yoshi's Island were never ported to the VC due to issues with the Super FX chip, and Super Mario All-Stars due to Nintendo using the original Mario trilogy to sell the the NES Classic and Nintendo thinking All-Stars was too good for a standard VC release seeing as they re-released as a strandalone ROM dump disc for the Wii, and Tetris Attack having issues with the Tetris copyright to the name of Panel de Pon USA), there is still more than enough games to get to 25-30 game collection from just North American releases.

So what games would you include in such a collection?

Me personally:

1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario Kart
3. Super Mario RPG
4. Donkey Kong Country
5. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
6. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
8. Super Metroid
9. Kirby Super Star
10. Kirby's Dream Land 3
11. Kirby's Dream Course
12. EarthBound
13. F-Zero
14. Super Punch-Out
15. Pilotwings
16. Final Fantasy IV
17. Final Fantasy VI
18. Chrono Trigger
19. Secret of Mana
20. Harvest Moon
21. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
22. Super Castlevania IV
23. Contra III: Alien Wars
24. The Legend of the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon
25. Axelay or Gradius III
26. Mega Man X
27. Street Fighter II Turbo
28. One of the Final Fights
29. Demon's Crest
30. Wario's Woods (I doubt this would happen since it did not even happen for the NES collection and the SNES has never been re-released, but I can still dream).
>>
1. Shaq-Fu
>>
>>3370767

>not playing the superior Genesis version

shiggy diggy etc.
>>
>>3370764
Basically that but replace Wario's Woods with Dragon Quest III
>>
>>3370783
I was listing games only released in North America. Besides, I wanted a puzzle game to round out the list.
>>
>>3370764
>no Actraiser
>no Terranigma
>no Starfox
>no translated FF5
>no Unchated Waters NH
>no Cybernator
>more than one DKC
Wew lad
>>
>>3370801
This is a list of games that got official releases in North America, secondly, I already mentioned in the OP why Star Fox (and Yoshi's Island) are not there.
>>
>>3370805
Pretty boring fàm
>>
We already have a thread for this.
>>3369875
>>
Here is my list. I only included games that were officially released in North America, and I tried to have genre diversity.

Here are some reasons why a few notable titles were excluded:
Both Star Fox and Yoshi's Island were never ported to the VC due to issues with the Super FX chip, and Super Mario All-Stars due to Nintendo using the original Mario trilogy to sell the the NES Classic and Nintendo thinking All-Stars was too good for a standard VC release seeing as they re-released as a strandalone ROM dump disc for the Wii, and Tetris Attack having issues with the Tetris copyright to the name of Panel de Pon USA. Killer Instinct is now owned by Microsoft.

There are still more than enough games to get to 25-30 game collection from just North American releases.

So what games would you include in such a collection?

Me personally:

1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario Kart
3. Super Mario RPG
4. Donkey Kong Country
5. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
6. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
8. Super Metroid
9. Kirby Super Star
10. Kirby's Dream Land 3
11. Kirby's Dream Course
12. EarthBound
13. F-Zero
14. Super Punch-Out
15. Pilotwings
16. Final Fantasy IV
17. Final Fantasy VI
18. Chrono Trigger
19. Secret of Mana
20. Harvest Moon
21. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
22. Super Castlevania IV
23. Contra III: Alien Wars
24. The Legend of the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon
25. Axelay or Gradius III
26. Mega Man X
27. Street Fighter II Turbo
28. One of the Final Fights
29. Demon's Crest
30. Wario's Woods (I doubt this would happen since it did not even happen for the NES collection and the SNES has never been re-released, but I can still dream).
>>
>>3370764
I gotta go with OP really, his list his pretty solid.
>>
>>3370847
This post was supposed to be in another thread. Oops.
>>
Why would you make a new thread?
>>
>>3371401
Did not know about an already existing thread.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.