[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best and Worst level of the classic Tomb Raider games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 7bOYAnq.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
7bOYAnq.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
So what do you think are the best and some of the worst levels through the first 5 Tomb Raider games?
>>
Worst: The Cistern. I got lost in there too many fucking times.
Best: Highland Fling
>>
>>3369563
Tomb Raider 1 > First Level two Levels - EPIC as Fuck with the T-Rex in the End!
>>
I can probably count the number of Tomb Raider levels I've actually finished (without resorting to a guide) on my fingers. And those were probably just the first handful of levels from TR1&2, the third and fourth games just got way too obtuse for me to maintain interest in.

What was the one where you had like a vertical tower to climb down and you had to go into a sequence of different rooms and complete some kind of gauntlet in each one, that was some awesome Indiana Jones shit.
>>
>>3369878
St. Francis Folly, from 1st Tomb Raider.

Can't say personally much about levels, since it has been so long since I played it. 2 I can't remember, 3rd I played rather recently but did not finish, stopped playing in Nevada.

>>3369575
Cistern's not bad, IMO. I personally like it, strongly themed. Personally I would put Natla's Mines as worse, but that has some redeeming qualities.

I'd say Tomb of Tihocan's worst of the 1st game. At least before the end-section. It's basically extending Cistern unhealthily.
Best? I guess Saint Francis' Folly is one of the most memorable and fun levels. Hard to say...
>>
File: wait-what.jpg (487KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wait-what.jpg
487KB, 1024x768px
>>3369926
Yeah, the Mediterranean levels carry the adventurey mood best. The first one is the best though (except for the devs saying "fuck it" and not keeping the room themes to greek/roman mythology). Cistern was creepy and adequately complex too, I remember it fondly
>>
Was there ever a story explanation for the first game having fucking dinosaurs in?

Or is it just one of those things nobody questions?
>>
File: raid.jpg (98KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
raid.jpg
98KB, 800x600px
>>3369960
It's a Land-that-Time-forgot prepackaged story element, bro.

Nazis are bad guys, high profile employers can and will double cross you, lost valleys have dinosaurs in it, Basic stuff
>>
>>3369994

Yeah, I guess so, it just kinda sticks out because as far as I know, the games never ventured into that kinda territory again. The first game was full of weird supernatural shit, and then the rest of them seemed to turn off at a right angle and go all realistic.
>>
>>3369960
There are dinosaurs in every game of the classic TR trilogy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.