[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Empires II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Tell me /vr/, how do I git gud at this game?

Also general RTS thread.
>>
>ALWAYS build workers while your town center doesn't research an upgrade.
>Buy as many unit production buildings as you need to spend those ressorces (3 of each kind are not enough).
>Build houses before your worker/unit production stalls.
>Keep harrasing you opponents workers.
>>
>>3369342
ok this is good. Which race should I chose? Are there any build orders?
>>
>>3370130
Check the technology tree and the bonus of each, and choose the one that would advantage you the most according to you.
>>
>>3370130

Don't waste time on technology. Get to the final Age asap and spam the shit out of elite units. No point in attacking field workers because they'll just barricade in the town hall. Cutting down enemies other resources is a good strategy especially gold.
>>
These videos are good for learning the basics of the early game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJvtDLSkoQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok48ctwIsU8
>>
>>3369328

Check out zeroempires in youtube he has decent tutorials.
Learn to fast castle as a basic strat and some rush strats.

Some general tips

-always be making villagers, as a general rule half of your max population should be villagers

-don't be afraid of getting aggressive and harassing your opponent the whole game isn't just turtling and booming your economy

-maximise efficiency, e.g if you are luring a boar don't kill it 10 tiles from your Town Centre, get it right under there so villagers don't have to walk as far, efficiency should be applied to all resources

-defend well, wall off your base to prevent harassment, black forest is a good map for beginners as it's easily wallable

-don't give up if you do get harassed, a lot of people get frustrated when dudes are in their base, stay calm and build some counter units to fend off harassment

-practice, a lot of people ask for tips on how to git gud at the game but they don't practice or dedicate any time to learning it, if you want to get good practice strategies, watch pro matches and most importantly play the game
>>
>>3371469
You never actually played the game, did you?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.