[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Crisis Thread SHUCKS!!! edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: TimeCrisis.jpg (40KB, 516x401px) Image search: [Google]
TimeCrisis.jpg
40KB, 516x401px
Time to talk about my favourite light gun series I just set up my crt tv and dug out my gcon 45.
>>
https://youtu.be/H8PbDJGDgAc
God I miss the over the top voice acting in these games.
>>
File: psbluegun.jpg (463KB, 640x485px) Image search: [Google]
psbluegun.jpg
463KB, 640x485px
>>3367308
holy shit never thought i'd see a thread for these games.

recently set up my own crt to play these games, but i've run into an issue i've had since back in the day. i've got a guncon 1 and two madcatz blasters, pic related. i can play timecrisis 1 fine with all 3 guns, but for some reason when i try to play timecrisis 2 and 3 with any of them, the bottom and top left of the screens can't be hit for some unknown reason. now i'm pretty sure i never used to have this issue because i beat the shit out of all of these games as a kid, and i've used two different tv's that have the exact same problem. both of them are the classic tube tv's, no WEGA or flat screens or anything like that.

the only thing i can think i've done differently is load them from HD loader on my ps2, where as i used to use fliptop magic to load them from a disc. i have no idea how that could possibly make a difference. wondering if anyone has ever had similar issues with the ps2 games.
>>
>>3367748
I've played 3 with USB Extreme and had no issues with my G-Con 45.
>>
>>3367764
i have freemcboot installed on my memory card, and haven't updated squat on it in a while. very possible i'm running an extremely outdated loader. any idea where to go for resources on updating these applications?
>>
>>3367773
Nah, I'm on the same boat actually. I don't think your problem is related to HD Loader
>>
>>3367790
hmm. well, i just recently bought a new blaster to replace an old one with a shotty trigger and rumble motor, and it came with dino stalker, a game capcom made for the guncon 2. never even bothered to try it. i should test it and see if that game has the same issue.
>>
strangest thing. i may have found the reason why.

i have 3 different ps2's, each with varying levels of functionality. the main one i use is the best condition one i have. the worst condition one i have has a non functioning player 1 slot. i went through all 3, using my worst one last, and for some reason it's targetting is way better in these games than my main one. this is leading me to believe the video connection for some reason is not as strong as it should be. i'm gonna clean these slots out with isopropyl alcohol and see if it improves.
>>
>>3367846
unfortunately it seems like it just improved with that game. tried timecrisis 2 out and there's still the big area that just refuses to be detected. i wish i knew why! i want to beat the shit out of these games again. i fucking hate it.
>>
>>3367907

I'd bet it's more than likely the TV, that's where I've always found my light-gun issues to lie.

You've used different TVs, but how is the lighting in the room, any reflections and stuff? How is the brightness and contrast? I found that some games (particularly Resident Evil Survivor) need you to use a higher than normal contrast and brightness for them to detect shots properly, which is annoying, but a limitation of the technology I guess. Also probably these guns don't age very well, try cleaning up the lenses and stuff.

How about overscan/stretching? I believe the guns need to be able to "read" the whole area of the screen so maybe if you've got your displays set up for a full picture it's missing information it needs to work properly or something.
>>
>>3368290
i've tried with lights off and on, same deal. and as i said, other games work better than just these games. as far as contrast, brightness and all that other stuff goes, could be that. i do notice a slight discoloration in that bottom corner, which i thought might have been caused by the signal strength, but no idea why it would only be a persistent problem for only the ps2 games.

i'll keep experimenting until i figure it out. hell i may even chuck this tv in favor of a smaller one or some shit and see if that helps.
>>
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-games/reload-8091

This is cute
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCSP00-WqeM

what is your favourite line of dialog mine has got to be

DON'T CUM IT'S A TRAP!!!!
>>
>>3368528

What kind of video connection are you using?

I always found that using those bog standard composite cables that the PS2 came with resulted in horrible performance for light gun games. Get it running on RGB if you can.
>>
in my mind the series ended at TC3 from TC4 on it just didn't feel like TC
>>
>>3369841
composites my only option unfortunately.

>>3369990
did you know there's also a time crisis 5 now? bet it'll never see a home console release.
>>
File: TIME CRISIS INTRO.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
TIME CRISIS INTRO.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>
>>3371249

>silent webum
>sound plays perfectly in my head

JUST TO BE SURE A-HAHAHAHA!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.