[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes old games special for you? I enjoy them but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

What makes old games special for you? I enjoy them but I don't know why. I just love them for no visible reason.
Maybe you know why?
>>
More ludo, less cinema.
>>
>>3364164
Why you are using my country's poor money to start a thread?
>>
>>3364395
Because DOS is written here, so it's retro.
>>
Increased challenge, actually have to git gud and put time in (much better pay off when you do finally beat a hard game). Greater subtlety in the worlds of these old games, no giant pointer or NPCs telling you where to go repeatedly like you have a learning disorder. The charm of 2D graphics (and early 3D). And of course, the nostalgia factor.
>>
>>3364584
...God dammit I laughed.
>>
>>3364164

I don't really consider them special. I like old games for the same reason I like modern games. All generations have games worth playing, it doesn't really matter when it came out.
>>
I like how you can just play. No long tutorials, no complicated battle systems, no 3 hour cut scenes, no hour long fetch quests. Just pick it up and play for an hour.

Favorite NES game: Super Mario Brother 3: Welcome to the level, jump mother fucker.

Favourite PC game: Caesar 3: Ok you're in charge, build a city, start with houses.
>>
Let's say I want to play a NES game:
-I put the game in my NES
-I turn the system on
-I press start button on controller couple of times
I'm playing the game in matter of seconds.

Let's say I want to play something on modern console:
-I turn the system on
-I have to wait the completely unnecessary boot-up screen to go away
-I have to browse through a unnecessary menu to find an option to start a game
-I then have to wait the game to load and usually show me shitloads of adds before finally arriving at the title screen
Then I can finally start playing the game after minutes of unnecessary waiting... oh wait starting a new game usually means having to wait through long-ass unskippable FMV cutscene which then is followed by hour boring tutorial level.

Just the simple fact of being able to play the fucking games right fucking now is a huge advantage to older systems, at least to me. I also like the challenge and no-bs approach older games tend to have.
>>
>>3364609
>The charm of early 3D
Was with you but you just had to out yourself as a complete retard
>>
>>3364937
>-I have to browse through a unnecessary menu to find an option to start a game
Yeah who needs "options" even though there are plenty of old games with main menus, right?
And if you find it hard to "find an option to start a game" in a main menu then you should probably do the world a favor and kill yourself.

>-I then have to wait the game to load and usually show me shitloads of adds before finally arriving at the title screen
>loading screens didn't exist in old games
>adds

See >>3364945
>>
>>3364164
Because older games were made in a time where innovation and being cutting edge in the interactive department while also delivering a fun and interesting experience was the goal of most companies.
>>
>>3364852
>Caesar 3
My man
>>
>>3364937
This is a major reason the only modern console I have is a Wii U. I turn on the game pad which shows the last 10 games/apps/whatever I launched. As long as the game is in the system I can touch it's icon and it starts. It's not a perfect process, but it's better than the other choices.

>>3364950
Go away /v/.
>>
>>3364395
Qué
>>
>>3365213
>Go away /v/.
REKT
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.