[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So some friends of mine got themselves an Arcade cab, but we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 20160715_221637.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_221637.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
So some friends of mine got themselves an Arcade cab, but we can't seem to find any info on it. It says it's a Dynamo HS 7, model No. 021700000

but whenever we look it up, we cant find any info an an HS 7. is it an HS 27 and the label is just faded? or has all recorded history of an HS 7 been wiped from the earth?
>>
>>3363357
It's a fucking wooden box designed for any shitty American game. Probably has a jamma interface, that's about it.
>>
Probably the only known HS-7 model cab in the world. Does that actually make it valuable? Probably not especially if it doesn't have any obvious unique qualities. Does it?
>>
File: 20160715_221818.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_221818.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>3363371
well it is pretty beat up so they are trying to find any info on it to sort of restore it to what it was supposed to look like.

>>3363379
I dont think so.
>>
>>3363380
I remember those cabs with the rounded corners on the marquee that obscured part of the game's title. I always thought they looked super shitty lol. Also it sucks that yours is completely misding its control panel. What it does have going for it is its metal edging on the particle board. That looks pretty nice.

Considering what you have and what you don't my suggestion would be to scare yourself up an X-Arcade tankstick to just shove in there where the missing panel would go and as big a VGA CRT monitor you can find then get an artistic friend to paint up a marquee and bezel, slap a sheet of plexi in front of the monitor and be done with it. Maybe try to find yourself a junk coin mechanism and door or just a decal thereof for the bottom. Stick some regular powered PC speakers and a light bulb in the top.

It was never an elite cabinet but it could be made to look decent pretty easily. Maybe buy yourself some legit vinyls for the sides when a set pops up cheap that you like.
>>
I'd suggest asking over on the arcade-museum/KLOV forum. If someone is going to be able to ID it, they're probably over there.
>>
Yeah, was pretty much planning to do most of that. Get a custom made marquee; (either print it up nicely at like staples or something like that) as for the controls, was just going to build them ground up. Found a couple of coin doors already; one of which was a non functioning one - probablly just gonna wait and put an actual coin door in. So I can steal people's quarters!
>>
>>3363406
Just use a junk one and build a simple switch into it so they get a credit for whatever they put in. People might not pay 25 cents for a credit on a mame cab but they will pay the quarter, dime, two nickels, three pennies and a washer they have in their pocket at the time - you just have to watch out for the guy who goes to the bank and buys $5 worth of pennies.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.