[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone fucked around with 3DNes yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 3dnes_1.png (188KB, 604x363px) Image search: [Google]
3dnes_1.png
188KB, 604x363px
Has anyone fucked around with 3DNes yet?
>>
Yep. Makes games look like total shit and runs like total shit.
>>
>>3358348
/thread
>>
>>3358348
Liar. It's much worse than that.
>>
>>3358265
reminds me, I get dstwo plus
>>
>>3358380
If you're willing to spend a huge amount of time fucking with it, you can make a few games look okay. It will always run like trash unless you have a pretty beefy computer. A much better concept than an execution.
>>
>>3358265
Nintendo should've added this, I don't know why they didn't. If one neckbeard did it, surely a whole company should.
>>
>>3358471
Thanks, but no… I already have Mac, but getting a beefy PC to play NES games in 3D sounds ridiculous.
>>
>>3358471
>>3358348
you know it's still in the beta stage right?
>>
It seems like one of those things that might put out a good screenshot or two depending on the game and location.

However, these graphics were designed to be 2D and to look appealing as a flat, pixelated graphic. Forcing them into 3D really doesn't make much sense.
>>
File: dfg.png (333KB, 891x667px) Image search: [Google]
dfg.png
333KB, 891x667px
it's okay
>>
File: WOods.png (269KB, 696x587px) Image search: [Google]
WOods.png
269KB, 696x587px
>>3358552
>>
File: untitled.png (317KB, 807x652px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
317KB, 807x652px
>>3358556
>>
>>3358561
that looks pretty good what settings did you use
>>
>>3358380
Just watch a video. Ten you can see how terrible it is.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-14+at+03.32.41).png (301KB, 634x520px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-14+at+03.32.41).png
301KB, 634x520px
>>3358265
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-nIUgExkg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=854z0uIv7tg
I think I was the first person on here to post about 3DNES and I really find it to be little more than a gimmicky fad. I am surprised that a little unity project is not only a working emulator but can also recognize the different elements in the game, but unless you use a premade 3dn or spend the time to do it yourself you're not gonna get anything that looks playable whatsoever. And as far as I can tell to make one yourself is gonna take a long and arduous process going through the whole game and checking if it looks good at all angles.
As an emulator it's missing basic features like reading games if they're in zip files (which I do because it makes them easier to see in browser when the saves are right next to them) and some decent keybinding beyond unity's generic options that don't make things clear.
I mean it's fun to mess around with every now and then but as of now there's no way you'll be able to get the display perfected, and to be honest I'd rather just use my actual NES to actually play the games instead of making funny-looking screenshots of them.
>>
>>3358480
Nintendo doesn't know what the fuck it wants. I've never seen a company with such capabilities and promise be so utterly paralyzed by the ambiguities of the modern market.
>>
>>3358517
Does that disprove what I said?
>>
>>3358265
is this really only for platformers? how would some thing like rad racer look?
>>
>>3360546
see >>3358686
>>
>>3360546
Even shittier
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.