[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saturn Cracked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E

Much better Emulation and 'flash carts' soon!
>>
It only took 20 years but here we fucking go (or not yet)!
>>
>>3357618
>Much better Emulation

Wrong. This thing only cracks the CD player, which was already reverse engineered well enough.

All the cpus, graphics systems, sound system, memory DMA chip, DSP coprocessor etc are still as big of an unknown as they were before.
>>
>>3357808
It's like you didn't watch the video
>>
Jesus, how many of these threads are we going to have?

Check the catalog.
>>
>Saturn collectors in panic dropping prices for panzer, dracula x and guardian heroes in 3....2....
>>
>>3358036
Considering how easy it was already to pirate games? I highly doubt it.If anything it will bring even more interest to the system, which has already had a major soike in popularity over the last few years.
>>
I hope this at least means more homebrews. Maybe some one can make a not shit port of Doom for Saturn

Yeah, I posted this in the other thread, but I still think it should happen
>>
>>3358036
anyone who collects something for its market value is stupid and deserves to get assraped by price fluctuations and deflation.

collect a thing because you like it. that is all. putting a price tag on art devalues all art
>>
>>3357618
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
holy shit. so people can start ripping apart Saturn games and modding and improving them, like with SNES games? we might actually get a Saturn Symphony of the Night that looks just as good as the Playstation???
>>
>>3358494
No, all he has done is worked out how the cd-rom drive reads information, that doesn't make us able to reverse engineer an entire game, that would require a staggering amount of work.
>>
>>3358706
A better saturn port of doom would be possible if some one knew how to compile saturn games, since we do have the source code to Doom as well as Jaguar Doom and 3DO Doom
>>
>>3359450
>A better saturn port of doom would be possible if some one knew how to compile saturn games, since we do have the source code to Doom as well as Jaguar Doom and 3DO Doom

We already have a full toolchain to compile Saturn games, and a better Doom port would require overwriting the entire engine to use hardware acceleration (the commercial game draws graphics the same way as the PC version, which is why it is stupidly slow).
>>
>>3358036
Thankfully I got one of those .99 cent copies of Earthbound when the SNES everdrive came out.
>>
Hey /v/, we're glad to have you guys here since you seem to be of the "actually interested in videogames" type and not the "I HATE VIDEOGAMES" type, but could you guys please use the catalog?
>>
>>3359497
I'd say it would be worth researching Saturn hardware to make this possible, maybe even make a straight up port with the PC maps instead of the Jaguar Doom maps, make a completely new Saturn doom
>>
>>3357808
Unlike >>3357976 I don't blame you for not watching 30 mins of the guy rambling. But I do blame you for being an ignorant shit who doesn't know that this work has been used to improve emulators.

>>3358036
>>3358470
>emubabies rubbing their hands in glee because they think this will affect the price of a console they can't afford on their allowance.

>>3358706
You don't understand what he's done. It's not a major breakthrough in piracy but it is a major breakthrough in understanding how the system works. Also, the exploit was done years ago. It just took a while for some reditor to tweet it to his tumblr life partner and end up on your screen.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.