[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this publisher?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: LJN_Ltd_logo.png (30KB, 288x232px) Image search: [Google]
LJN_Ltd_logo.png
30KB, 288x232px
Thoughts on this publisher?
>>
toy company that released a ton of shovelware and occassionally not too bad games, but I still don't think I ever saw a great game published by them, they didn't hire the best developers out there.
>>
>>3357130
Le
Just
Nutsack
>>
>>3357130
It just reminds me of the Wrestlemania game on the SNES.
>>
>>3357130
Not nearly as bad as a some people like to believe ever since a certain e-celeb shat all over them. I particularly like their Jaws and Friday the 13th games, which were actually developed by Westone and Atlus.
>>
File: ASS.jpg (111KB, 481x628px) Image search: [Google]
ASS.jpg
111KB, 481x628px
ASS
>>
Their track record was remarkably bad. I don't know how a company that merely puts up the money - rather than actually developing the games - could have such a consistently bad library. But their best game was Maximum Carnage, and even then I only rate that game as a 6/10
>>
>>3357425
wrong guy
>>
>>3357130
Laughing
Joking
Numb nuts
>>
>>3357512

Joe is such a disrespectful asshole.
>>
>>3357139
First post nails it. The games they published that didn't suck shit were serviceable at best.

The SNES and Genesis wrestling games were pretty much simple button mashers.
>>
>>3357130
very obvious bait OP
mediocre company, apart from avgn nothing memorable
>>
>>3357712

18+ kiddo
>>
>>3357130
Meme tier but they made a good snes baseball game i really enjoyed.
>>
>>3357401
>le everyone parrot eceleb but me xDDDDDDD

>>>/v/

Fuck off.
>>
>>3357759

he's right though. perhaps you're the one that should fuck off to /v/
>>
>>3357508

It's from when the Game Sack guys were doing parodies of other retro game Youtubers.
>>
I liked NES Punisher.
>>
>>3357819

Same here. Always felt bad for shooting the saxophone player, though.
>>
>>3357139
They did hire Rare at times, but they really sucked shit in the early days didn't they?
>>
>>3357130
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
>>3357819

Also loved Maximum Carnage, even if the comic story it was based on was shit.
>>
>>3357508
nope
>>
File: 1464664727769.png (203KB, 299x286px)
1464664727769.png
203KB, 299x286px
>>3357759
>some people
>everyone
I didn't say that, you illiterate faggot.
>>
>>3358043
Except for the Wizards & Warriors series, yes, early Rare was fairly shitty.
>>
File: Flying_Edge.png (7KB, 320x120px) Image search: [Google]
Flying_Edge.png
7KB, 320x120px
Legal dodge for Acclaim to shovel more shit.
Pic related is yet another dodge to shovel that shit onto Sega
>>
>>3358692

RC Pro Am? , Snake Rattle & Roll?, Solar Jetman? Cabal? NES Marble Madness? fucking Battletoads????

early Rare had plenty of awesome games you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>3359137
I think he meant that while rare did some good games, they also made bunch of shitty ones too.
>>
>>3357401
>I particularly like Jaws
How? I mean, don't get me wrong, I see how somebody could like certain LJN games too. I enjoyed Nightmare on Elm Street. But what is there to like about Jaws?
>>
>>3359137
I didn't realize I needed to name every single good game for my point to get across. You really are a niggerblowing autist, aren't you?
>>3359310
Yes.
>>
>>3359072
Heh, I remember getting Double Dragon 3 from the genesis. Back then I thought it was OK other than being way too short.
>>
>>3359358
Maybe it's just nostalgia,goggles, but I like the atmosphere. The way the music above water has subtle volume fluctuations like the moving tide, the way the music underwater is calm and apprehensive at the same time. It's basically a lite shmup that takes place underwater. Plus I really enjoy the bonus rounds with the plane. Like I said, probably just nostalgia goggles. I think it's a fun game, though.
>>
>>3357130

Thrilla's Safari is a really good game by LJN.

Spider Man Sinister Six is alright as long as you can read the manual and figure out the controls. It really needed a few more buttons on the controller.
>>
>>3359451
I recently bought it. Never owned it as a kid. Does seem like a pretty comfy game. Nothing wrong with it really, just have to be in the right mindset
>>
>>3357130
It was like a big intestine that served its purpose well, but sometimes happened to release something good. It's kind of expectable from a company that published a wide range of games to have a good game here and there, but I feel like if they had their own in-house development team, they could've had a few valuable gems.
>>
Literally Just Nothing
>>
I thought karate kid was pretty good. Maximum carnage is great too.
>>
>>3357778
>>3358689
>>>/v/

FUCK OFF
>>
>>3365992
>arguing in the eceleb circlejerk
just ignore it and hope they wander back to the containment thread
>>
You cant say Lazy Jewish Nigger on /vr/?
>>
>>3366032

We have a very sensitive janitor who aggressively wipes posts.
>>
>>3366032
Of course not you sloth african jew.
>>
>>3366061
idk what the fuck is up with our janitor

wanna post something not retro? SURE GO AHEAD

wanna say something slightly political or off-color? BYE
>>
>>3366061
>>3366073

yeah the unnecessary deleting and censoring on /vr/ lately is absolutely ridiculous. the new janny is a complete tool
>>
All I know about them I learned from the angry balding cuck
>>
File: man baby.jpg (38KB, 308x334px) Image search: [Google]
man baby.jpg
38KB, 308x334px
>>3367297
Don't talk about him that way. The SJWs attacked him for no reason. He doesn't need you to make fun of his hairline.
>>
I like Friday the 13th, The Punisher and Terminator 2 on NES and True Lies on SNES no matter what your beloved e-celebrities say about them.

Anyway here is one thing that the endless shitposting about LJN always makes me think about:
Are there any other publishers that get undeserved hate or praise than LJN?

For example does Enix get praise for the games developed by Chun-Soft, Quintet and Level-5 even if (like LJN) they only published them?
>>
File: 1464833551721.png (24KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1464833551721.png
24KB, 128x128px
>>3365992
Apply some Ben Gay to your anus, hose the sand out of your cunt and calm down.
>>
>>3357401
Yeah, I never found some of their games to be as bad as it's made out to be. None of them are really that good, but at the same time not as bad as people think they are.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.