[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't Winston in the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 1468345308737.png (2MB, 1256x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1468345308737.png
2MB, 1256x1704px
Why wasn't Winston in the game?
>>
File: spede.jpg (62KB, 349x332px) Image search: [Google]
spede.jpg
62KB, 349x332px
Because Activision obviously hates black people.
>>
Ernie Hudson wasn't in that many of the Ghostbusters publicity stills.
>>
>>3354116
But he was in the movie
>>
>>3354136
He shows up pretty late though. Either way, none of the Ghostbusters in the game look anything like the characters from the movie. They're all interchangeable generic characters.
>>
>>3354101
The game couldn't handle more colors.
>>
>>3354136
On half the home video releases he gets cut out of most of the shots he's in.
>>
Winston is a clearly tacked on token character that will probably be viewed poorly even in hindsight
>We need another guy let's hire a nigger I bet he'll work for slave wages and he'll probably be comically ignorant and superstitious as well!
>>
>>3354250
>comically ignorant and superstitious as well!
That was kinda the point of his character. While the other three busters were all escentrics, Winston represtened the everyday man.
>>
>>3354101
I wish they made a videogame from the other Ghostbusters. I loved that TV show when I watched it many years ago.
>>
Because this game sucks. Had good fun with the arcade game though
>>
File: dTlqFDs[1].jpg (272KB, 2318x958px) Image search: [Google]
dTlqFDs[1].jpg
272KB, 2318x958px
>>3354326
>Winston represtened the everyday man.
Sure he did
>>
Do you retards not know the story about Winston's character?

He was written for Eddie Murphy who dropped out of the project, and his role was hastily rewritten to be less prominent.
>>
>>3354401
It wasn't rewritten just because Eddie Murphy didn't want the part, it was because the execs wanted to give more importance to Venkman because Murray was the most famous of the 4, so the newest of the group (Winston) got fucked
>>
At least he got a cameo in Overwatch though
>>
>>3354392
>look mommy, i am standing for the new one!
>take that you sexist meannies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAevXH8oTVI

>takin this much koolaid like Honest trailers and Blockbuster Buster
>>
>>3354250
You do know NYC in the 80s was like 45% blacks right? It wasn't uncommon or PC at all that they would choose one for the movie when they're so abundant.

Also
>superstitious
Pretty edgy there kiddo. Just because he was a man of faith doesn't mean he was some wacko who avoided black cats or cracks in the pavement.
>>
>>3354653
I literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>3354352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYgO8LWKH4I
This one? Probably not popular enough to merit a game. That theme song is a fucking jam, though.
>>
File: 51ZxvM+pX9L.jpg (47KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
51ZxvM+pX9L.jpg
47KB, 500x314px
Don't forget this piece of shit also having no Winston. It is a fun game though.
>>
File: realghostbusters.png (366KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
realghostbusters.png
366KB, 638x480px
>>3354653
>>
>>3354683
>You do know NYC in the 80s was like 45% blacks right?
25%, but good try.
>>
He stepped up against Gozar The Gozarian. Represent Activision, wtf?
>>
Winston knew the risks of crossing the streams, and he took his turn, Ghostbuster 4 life.
>>
>>3354145
This. Limited color palette, not a racial or rights to his likeness issue.
>>
>>3354101
Why wasn't Winston in the movie?
>>
>>3354715
>What, are they fucking racist or something?
>>
Why are there no girls?
>>
>>3354715

One of these days I'll learn how to do romhacks and add in Winston
>>
>>3354683

Superstitious has nothing to do with religion you mong.
>>
>>3354653
>bigal
oh GOD horrible 2008 memories. how the fuck is this dude still making videos and WHY THE FUCK is anyone still watching them?

also did you seriously just pretend someone even mentioned the new one just to shill third rate ecelebs from like ten years ago
>>
>>3354101
probably just a palette thing or maybe the devs just didnt watch the whole movie
>>
>>3356021
He brings up Bible verses in the car and talks about believing in God.
>>
>>3354392

>the only member of the team who joined for a steady paycheck instead of scientific research

Sounds like the common man to me.
>>
>>3355296
>25%, but good try.

that still means 1 in 4 people you meet are black.
>>
>>3354250
>>3354401
>>3354519
I think it turned out pretty well for all that. You don't really *need* a straight man, even with an ensemble cast, but when you've already got three people doing comedy more or less constantly and bouncing off each other, there's only so much difference a fourth person can have, let alone positive difference. A straight man is a great fit for that fourth slot.
>>
>>3357646
>that still means 1 in 4 people you meet are black.
>1 in 4 of the Ghostbusters is black

Like poetry
>>
>>3354101
Ghostbusters II Pal exists, why talk about this shit.
>>
>>3354145
Dunno if pun.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.