[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamepad Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: gamepad-images.png (66KB, 498x319px) Image search: [Google]
gamepad-images.png
66KB, 498x319px
Hey guys, what kind of gamepad do you use? For what games?

I've always used one of these and I'm thinking about grabbing a new one, but I'm curious to hear some other opinions...what do you think is a really good gamepad specifically for fighting games and 2d sidescrollers?
>>
>>3349035
xbox one for 3d games and non-retro
buffalo snes, for 2d and retro

thinking of getting one of those saturn usb pads
>>
>>3349035
I'm glad you made this so I didn't have to. I still use a wired 360 controller for everything, but mine's wearing out.

Anyone know of a good replacement, a good catch-all controller? I don't care about price.
>>
>>3349035
For emulators i use a dualshock 3. Besides some awkwardness with the triggers, it has a decent d-pad and connects wirelessly, so i have no complaints. If you go that route, use SCP server and avoid motioninjoy.
The wired 360 pad is pretty good as well, but the d-pad isn't ideal for older games.
>>
>>3349035
I've had 3 of them shits in the last 2 years. The first one lasted a good year and I blamed myself for it breaking, had a bad smoking habit at the time. When the second one broke after a few months I should have left it at that but I was itching to play games again so I bought a third one and I'm so bored with it I could break it. I've been hearing good things about the Xbone controller, maybe I'll get one. They're OK if you need some budget shit on the fly but don't expect to get into anything advanced with it.
>>
>>3349035
I have a cheap 2 for $5 Ucom.
Analogs are crap but everything that doesn't require one plays good and the cable is long enough.
>>
>>3349138
Oh and i use them for 6 years now.
>>
File: Fighting Commander 4.jpg (217KB, 900x667px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting Commander 4.jpg
217KB, 900x667px
This thing has the best d-pad.
>>
Dualshock 4
>>
File: Fighting Commander.jpg (52KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting Commander.jpg
52KB, 1000x600px
>>3349163
There's also a newer one with a more traditional shape and xinput support, though it seems to have lost the diagonals-tension adjust and d-pad angle adjust.
>>
I've had a cheap pad from the supermarket for years. The cord broke once but I fixed it. Mostly emulate snes.
>>
>>3349035
Bought one of these and they're absolutely fucking worthless for shmups/fighters. The dpad cannot recognise a quick left-right-left input, so in a shmup for example your ship sticks in place and gets shot with a bit of moving round. Trash.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
It depends.

I use a Dualshock 2 connected via USB to PS2 controller connector for most emulation especially PS1 and 2d games.

For n64 I always use my 360 controller though, it feels more n64-ish.

I use the 360 controller for DC and Saturn emu too for obvious reasons.
As much as I like the Dualshock 3 the triggers and the fact the controllers fall to pieces quick stopped me from buying anymore. My ps3's are useless now pretty much. Not just that but new DS3 controllers are really shoddily made. They all come with l1/r1 triggers that depress too much and cut into your fingers and shittily put together shells that creak and feel like shit in your hands. Sony has pretty much ditched the ps3 and in the last years of its life just fucked the controllers over. The analog sticks are made out of cheese and wear in quick too. There might be one in every ten bought that feels like it's usable. They're still selling them at 45 bux too which is taking the piss if they were 20 bux now or something it would make sense.

I've been thinking of buying a DS4 but the LIGHT is the dumbest shit and makes me not want to get one.
>>
>>3349220
>I use a Dualshock 2 connected via USB to PS2 controller connector for most emulation especially PS1 and 2d games.
Does it support analog buttons?
>>
>>3349189
Yeah, the one I had is not that exact model, it was a Rumble Pad 2, but it seems to be the same controller from what I can tell other than different colored buttons and a vibration button

Anyway yeah, it lasted me for many years but honestly I always felt like the d pad wasn't great while playing fighting games, which is why I'm really curious about other options

>>3349163
>>3349165
Yeah these would be the obvious choice but they're a bit pricey, isn't there anything that has a pretty decent d pad in the cheaper realm?
>>
File: versusps3.jpg (92KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
versusps3.jpg
92KB, 1300x1300px
Anybody ever have any experience with this? I've heard conflicting opinions, from that it's very good to that it's a total piece of shit
>>
File: 712SxFbmT9L._SL1400_.jpg (139KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
712SxFbmT9L._SL1400_.jpg
139KB, 1400x1400px
>>3349225

I don't think so. I think it registers all the buttons as digital on/off but honestly I've never tried it outside of emulators.

It registers the analog sticks as analog.

It would need secondary drivers/software for the analog buttons regardless much like the DS3 I imagine and this is just a plug and play connector.

Makes it so I can use a DS2 on a PS3 if I want too. It has been quite useful for something that only cost 5 bux. It has lasted me many years too.
>>
>>3349225
not him but I use a mayflash joybox and it's current driver actually does support the analog buttons. haven't actually tested it's functionality since none of the PS2 games I emulate so far use them. still can't get mednafen to work with rumble though, even with x360ce it just doesn't recognize it on my controller despite other emulators and such doing so.
>>
>>3349220
I'm pretty sure you can turn the light off on the DS4.
>>
File: pokken.jpg (59KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pokken.jpg
59KB, 1000x1000px
I already used it for Pokken. I got it cheap right after the restock. Its now my main emulation controller but I also have GC, Wii U Pro, DS3, and the Wii's classic controller
>>
>>3349231
I have the xbox 360 version, I really like it. Played a lot of super metroid using it.
>>
>>3349035
hi OP, i have 2 xbox / 2 ds3 / ds4 / wii classic / gc controller / nes classic usb/ madcatz arcade stick :

i love the gc for sm64 or any of the 3d games out there on the wii (mod) i dont use the wii classic to much, it is really nice for emu on the wii though. overal i prefer the ds3 over the ds4 pad, but more because im used to playing with the ds3, the ds4 just feels weird, i play a lot of shmups and fightans and generally considered hardcore/twitch games and for accuracy i would say the d-pad from the ds3 is sufficient. i dont use my xboxs that much, dont know why, maybe i dont really like the d-pad and/or the spacing. for games with twin sticks i dont really notice a difference between ds or xbox, just my 2 cents
>>
>>3349035

Computer:
- iBuffalo SNES for computer things
- OEM N64 controller through Mayflash adapter
- DS2 -> USB adapter (PS1 only, no idea if analog buttons work)

Wii:
- Wii Classic controller (not classic pro) for wii retroarch

PSP Go:
- DS3 for PS1 emulation

I had one like you've got there but didn't like the d-pad.

Also these things are total fucking garbage: Cheap USB NES, SNES, MD, N64 pads, some brands of OEM -> USB adapters for SNES, generic-brand Wii Classic controllers.

Not-great-but-usable: Generic N64 controllers, Generic GC pads. The dead zones are a little off so tiptoeing in SM64, bow in Zelda etc are a bit harder, but on the whole they're perfectly usable as spare Smash bangers when you don't want to thrash a nice tight OEM stick.
>>
This. Tbqh I'm dumb for not just ordering like ten of them.
>>
File: Neo Geo Microswitches.jpg (217KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Neo Geo Microswitches.jpg
217KB, 768x1024px
Too add, although I still haven't scored one this is my current unicorn (to be plugged into >>3349523
)

I don't know why I keep driving up the value raving about it before I score one
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.