[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OBSCURE UNDOCUMENTED GAMES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: valhalla.png (542KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
valhalla.png
542KB, 1920x1440px
And I'm talking about absolutely obscure games. Pic related, Valhalla.

I found this in an old brazilian magazine CD full of demos.
Developed by Anarchy Enterprises, who now develops shitty mobile games, Valhalla (beta) is a pretty simplistic and incomplete fighting game based around the nordic pantheon of gods. The game features hand-drawn graphics, blood and "fatalities".

I can't found a single mention of this game in the interwebs.
>>
>>3348604
There are many games totally lost to time, some that aren't even on google or some that only pull up a few links on google if that.
>>
Oh, I found a mention of Valhalla in this list.
http://retro.icequake.net/numbers/www.seven7seven.com/f176-200.htm
Although labeled as a "beat'em up", Valhalla is a traditional fighting game and not a belt scroller.
>>
>>3348604
There are probably hundreds of freeware and shareware games from the 90s that have no record whatsoever of them anymore. Possibly thousands. And then there's all the games from the 80s that people programmed in BASIC.
>>
>>3348604
Hahaha... It looks like fucking Time Killers.
>>
>>3348604
Care to upload it?
>>
Bottom left fatality, the dude is up-right and completely fine safely behind the giant fist
>>
File: 1589735.png (13KB, 480x323px) Image search: [Google]
1589735.png
13KB, 480x323px
>>3348604
>undocumented games
>OP found out about the game from documentation in a magazine
>>
>>3349141
makes you think
>>
>>3349141
Yep, thats what documented means in this case.
In one demo disc from decades ago.
>>
>>3348882
That's the one doing it
>>
File: twork.png (203KB, 316x584px) Image search: [Google]
twork.png
203KB, 316x584px
Twork

A German platformer made by some studio called Pentastar Productions somewhere between 1993 and 1996 and published by Kelly Data GmbH.
There are absolutely NO traces of it or the developer out there and the only reason why I know that it exists is because the shareware version was packed on the disc of Accidents in Paradise (which is fucking hilarious and sadly almost just as undocumented if it wasn't for a few videos and screenshots).
>>
Space Clash
Amulets & Armor
Guimo
Enemy Nations
Damage Incorporated
>>
>>3349857
Oh and "Hyper Blade", can't even find a working copy of that one.
>>
File: PokéGundam.png (93KB, 1036x949px) Image search: [Google]
PokéGundam.png
93KB, 1036x949px
>>3348604
I have a ROM for a Chinese Pokémon-Gundam NES game, never seen it anywhere
>>
>>3348612
Remember. Back in the day beatem up and fighting game was interchangeable.

>oh that's right, you can't you wasn't there.
>>
>>3349857
Guimo at least was released and can be easy found to download.
It's a BR game.
>>
>>3350136
I know that and I was there. On the same magazine I found Valhalla there's a Fighting Force demo labeled as a "fighting game".
>>
>>3348661
Thousands to be sure. From each decade. And just as many, if not more, of all the seriously amateur basic shit.
>>
File: save the earth.jpg (111KB, 372x287px) Image search: [Google]
save the earth.jpg
111KB, 372x287px
Almost all of the games by Croteam (with the exception of Football Glory) before they made Serious Sam.
>>
>>3348847
I'll do that.
>>
File: just.jpg (9KB, 281x300px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
9KB, 281x300px
Ive been trying to find a possibly 1998-2000ish computer game forever

Was similar visually to fallout 2, but with a more zoomed in camera, featured 3 characters, a chick, a quadrupedal robot, and a guy who looked like an adult Dib from invader zim.

Turn based, really difficult, totally impossible to find

it eats away at me more and more every day
>>
>>3350114
care to share it senpai?
>>
>>3351519
Easy one : Septerra Core.
>>
>>3351542
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bjg0430j309km8y/Chong+Wu+Gao+Da+Zhan+Ji+%28Unl%29.nes

Here. It's trash aside from some pretty good music
>>
Game called Zanzi made by Zangrila Software.
Some sort of Zelda clone.
>>
>>3351510
Appreciated, will be waiting,
>>
if it's obscure and undocumented how are we supposed to know about it
>>
File: Unknown game pic.png (20KB, 1086x721px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown game pic.png
20KB, 1086x721px
One that's not quite undocumented but very obscure is I think called Circle of the Moon. I played it on a shareware disc back in the day, and it was a point and click where you played as a witch in medieval times. As far as I know, the only copy on the internet currently is the demo, and the creator refuses to release the game online other than people ordering it from him for full retail price. Not willing to do so myself for a game I only got to play a total of 10 minutes of, but it'd be interesting if that one day happened.

The other game, which I really think has absolutely no documentation because I've never found any hint of it on any site or any thread about finding games on 4chan in the past 6 years. Its a sort of roguelike game with a screen like this (Yes I know, I have terrible paint skills), with individual limb health and a picture of your character's face somewhere on the screen. I remember it being incredibly difficult, and you having a reputation for every single area of the game, even your own house where you start. I don't remember the layout of the opening screen so take this image with a grain of salt, but I would be baffled if anyone knew what it was. And no, it isn't IVAN or any other roguelike anyone's ever spoken about on /rlg/, I assure you. It was on download.com somewhere around 1999-2000.
>>
File: quattro.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
quattro.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>3351821
>the pokemon center is run by two guys dressed as Quattro
>>
>>3351821
arigato
>>
There was some browser game i played long ago, it was an RPG where you played as an alien who could swap body parts with defeated enemies. I've never been able to find anything about it online, not even a name.
>>
>>3349857
>Enemy Nations

My uncle bought me that game. I played it a ton since I loved Command and Conquer so much.
>>
Apparently there is an arcade version of Fire and Forget 2, but I can not find any evidence for it.
>>
There's actually a forgotten Starflight inspired space sim called Iron Seed that only has about two youtube videos on it, one of which is just the soundtrack because the musician is semi famous.

The storyline to Iron Seed is that humanity is dead. Your crew has been preserved in the ships computers, and your ship itself has spent thousands of years on standby looking for a planet to restart humanity on.
>>
File: relativity.png (48KB, 686x654px) Image search: [Google]
relativity.png
48KB, 686x654px
A Game called "Relativity", supposedly developed by BlueSky Software for Segasoft and allegedly released in 1998. not so much as a single screenshot is known to exist, and the only existing info is what is shown here.
>>
And here it is.
http://www.4shared.com/rar/zll0A8eFba/VALBETA.html
>>
>>3355417
Thanks, man. Played a bit with it. Too bad there's only three fighters. I like how when you hesitate to do something at the 'finish him' screen, the computer commits suicide.
>>
>>3349857
Isn't Damage Incorporated that one military shooter based on the Marathon 2 engine? I'm pretty sure I downloaded it from Home of the Underdogs many years back. I remember the first level having guys that looked like KKK members as enemies.
>>
>>3353979
I guess material is relatively hard to come by.
>>
If anyone can help me, I was looking for a really obscure PC RPG that I remember playing at a friends house back in the late 90s

I think the game could have been even older then that, but I just remember it took place in space I believe, the main character was the only PC, I remember crystals being used to help heal and restore energy I think? Graphically it looked comparable to something like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, as far as sprite overlays and such.

I know its not a lot to go off of bros but if you would kindly help identify it that would be great. I also believe there were sequels of the game too.
>>
bumping for potential
>>
>>3348604
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGl5ViKSE1w

I don't know if this is obscure enough, but at one point it circulated in the shareware community and predated most survival games. I also got it from a magazine CD in the early 2000s.
>>
File: Will_Rock_Coverart.png (167KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
Will_Rock_Coverart.png
167KB, 256x361px
>>3348604
Pretty awesome serious sam ripoff.
Also Shade: Wrath of Angels its pretty good as well
>>
>>3364479
Willrock was pretty good, but I wouldn't call it exactly undocumented.
>>
>>3364586
yeah i got my copy for $2.50 way back in a bargin bin filled with them at walmart
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.