[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harvest moon btn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: spring1.png (117KB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
spring1.png
117KB, 290x218px
What keeps them from doing another fun game like that?
>>
Harvest Moon 64 was better.
>>
>>3348583
I agree. It felt more seamless? BTN seems very clunky in comparison, and slow as hell. I liked being able to cook but at times BTN almost felt like it had too much to offer. 64 was maybe more 'barebones' in the selection of crops and such, but it worked much better IMO.
>>
>>3348572
What keeps who?
>>
>>3348572
The devs have gotten it in their heads that gimmicks are needed to keep selling, since they seem to think their games would not be as fun without retarded gimmicks. 64/BtN/FoMT were the pinnacle of the franchise, after that they did okayish with some games on PS2/Gamecube, but then they went full-retarded with gimmicks to the point where the modern games have lost all their charm. The latest one, Story of Seasons, is okay gameplay wise, but most of the townies are uninteresting and bland, and they never have any new or interesting dialogue from day to day. The worst is some snoody oujou-type character who claims to be a farmer but her farm is literally a mansion full of butlers and stupid anime shit. The next one looks just as bad, except now it has 3 towns to deal with.

Then to make things worse you have Natsume latched onto the Harvest Moon trademark so they're making their own shitty games that are even worse and confusing all the casual HM fans.
>>
The addition of dungeon crawling from the Rune Factory games is what ruined it.

Also, why could you never hunt in any Harvest Moon game? That is what most farmers do in the winter time.
>>
>>3348691
>PS2/Gamecube
>Okayish
There was even a really good one on Wii
>>
>>3348691
Hero of Leaf Valley is still one of the best.
>>
>>3349129
Because depiction of weapons and violence like that would give the games a T rating instead of E.
>>
>>3348595
The load times are abhorrent in that game. Still really liked it, and it did feel like it had more "stuff" but it pales in comparison to 64.
>>
>>3350365
Oregon Trail had hunting. I don't think this would be an issue.
>>
>>3349129
Take a cute little farming game and add animal murder. What could go wrong? Who wouldn't love throwing a damaged bunny corpse into a shipping container.
>>
...I'm fairly certain this is one of my top ten favorite games of all time. At least, one of my top ten "retro" games. I remember when it was new. I own it in multiple versions. It's damn great.

I don't even miss it, because I can still play it in, like, three different consoles. But man, that sense of nostalgia, that sense of wonder and simplicity. It's what made video games fun, stuff like this.
>>
>>3348572

did gnomes ruin this game, or make the game?

also

1. snes
2. n64

harvest moon is about charm
>>
>>3348583
didn't play sono
>>
>>3352568
You didn't actually see the gun, though.
>>
File: Hunting.gif (4KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
Hunting.gif
4KB, 250x185px
>>3353053
What the hell did you think this was, then? Your pioneer's gigantic wing-wang?
>>
The closest thing you're going to get is Stardew Valley.

There is no hope now for Harvest Moon.
>>
File: 1421946965352.jpg (31KB, 288x316px) Image search: [Google]
1421946965352.jpg
31KB, 288x316px
>>3352890

The N64 version is full of charm you goddamn whore pig.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>
>>3353178
Fuck man, 30 minutes of recess was never enough time to finish a game.
>>
File: file.png (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
309KB, 1920x1080px
>>3348572
Just buy Stardew Valley on Steam.
They literally created it to make a better version of Harvest Moon because of shit like this: >>3348691
>>
>>3348583
not necessarily so but the PS1 game was far more complex. N64 was much simpler.
>>
>>3355647
ironically, it's true. Stardew Valley shits all over any HM game because of what you're able to do.

I mean, hell, they literally managed to cram a dungeon crawler into it. so looking for ore is now
an action rpg.
>>
>>3353178
Huh. The version I remember playing, hunting was in 1st person view.
>>
>>3356336

>I mean, hell, they literally managed to cram a dungeon crawler into it. so looking for ore is now
an action rpg

Rune Factory has been doing that for years
>>
>>3352575
You could hunt without being an overly sensitive nigger about it you faggot.

Just say you shoots nets and send the pets off to find homes and the better the animal you catch, the better home it finds.

Wow. Now you can hunt and not be a pussy about it while remaining family friendly.

What exactly do you think you're doing when you fish?
>>
>>3356809
but Stardew Valley is closer to Harvest Moon than Rune Factory.
>>
>>3356336
That's ironic how?
>>
>>3355647

I just got done playing Stardew Valley for like six hours. Holy crap is it addicting. It reminds me of when I was constantly binged HM64 years ago.
>>
I liked the trench watering system in Two Towns, would like to see that again. Probably won't though, fucking westaboo/french cafe trend.

>>3355647
I love that you can design your fields and crafting is simple. This game is free of needless bullshit compared to HM.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.